• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What are some good veins to hit besides your arms?

Originally Posted by ZombieAssassin
veins that pump blood between your brain and your heart. I would highly not recommend it.

Veins don't pump blood, arteries do.

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking...It was late that night when I posted that. :(

If you are really hardcore just place a central venous catheter in subclavian vein and leave it there with a port. That way you can just pop it open and shoot... porblem solved no more hose hunting.

I've known people do this. Not such a hot idea necessarily as it's very easy to get an infection this way and septicemia ain't nice.

I've known people do this. Not such a hot idea necessarily as it's very easy to get an infection this way and septicemia ain't nice.

How long can one use a port before you should change it?

I was thinking about this - what size gauges for ports are available?

I really don't know how long would be safe, Cap'n. I do know the fella that I know who did this died shortly afterwards. Not entirely sure what was the cause though - either the infection or maybe an overdose. It's a very risky thing to do but I guess if you really know what you're doing and use scrupulous hygiene it may be feasible. I'm sure I remember there were more problems than just the risk of infection to take into account too but really can't recall. Perhaps DJ or someone else with better medical knowledge would be able to enlighten us :)

i am one of the lucky people. my skin is pale, so can basically see all of my veins in my arms and legs. i never have a problem locating a vein, the only problem Ive ever encountered was when i was actually puncturing the skin and entering the vein, i sometimes think that i might have went through a vein, but im not really sure about that.

some days ill enter a vein and draw back, and no blood will register so i switch. then the next day ill go to the same vein and when i draw back to register, blood will flow. now i know i was in the vein (almost 100% positive) because for one i can literally see that the syringe is entering my body right on top of a vein...i can even moved the syringe carefully and see the vein moving with the syringe. not sure why this happens, but never the less i almost always get my shot in.

i usually steer away from using the smaller veins, just because i feel that they would be more prone to collapse or damage because they are so small. not sure if that's correct, but im just using common sense there.

Ive always found the trickiest things with IV'ing is to know for 100% sure, if you properly seated in the vein. i know that drawing back to register blood in the syringe is the way to tell but in the beginning of IV use for me, i would draw back and shoot and 3/4 of the way thru all the sudden I'd get the stinging/burning sensation like i missed.

now that Ive been IV'ing for a while i basically got it down pat, but it takes time. Practice makes perfect. One thing i would do when i starting IV'ing, is i would just practice with sterile saline or water, so i wouldn't be wasting my shot.

the book "Getting off Right" i got from the SEP was an awesome help as well. another things i did was actually paid attention to doctors/nurses and asked them question when they would do any IV work with me. Surprisingly they answered all my questions with out suspicion. but if you have any questions, Google "harm reduction" or look on BL for a link to the site. it contains all the same info the book i mentioned about has, or you can go to your local SEP.

happy shooting.
&
be safe.

Anyone have better more in depth charts?

Depth Charts!!! That's hilarious what a great way to look at it =D

Well, I have this gargantuan vein somewhere in between my legs... I couldn't miss if I tried 8o

However-- the most effective vein for me overall, and I don't need a tourniquet either, would probably be this slightly smaller vein I have on the side of my head, wiggling across my temple... it's tough to hit BUT I found that if I start an argument and I get myself really heated, it instinctively pops out and makes itself quite available. Sweet Jesus! Now *that* is a shot to the dome!!!

PS- I'm just jokin around folks ;) Probably seems like that could go without being said, but just in case some youngster takes it the wrong way and actually tries either suggestion... I could not post it without this note-to-all, no matter how unlikely <3

Depth Charts!!! That's hilarious what a great way to look at it =D

Well, I have this gargantuan vein somewhere in between my legs... I couldn't miss if I tried 8o

However-- the most effective vein for me overall, and I don't need a tourniquet either, would probably be this slightly smaller vein I have on the side of my head, wiggling across my temple... it's tough to hit BUT I found that if I start an argument and I get myself really heated, it instinctively pops out and makes itself quite available. Sweet Jesus! Now *that* is a shot to the dome!!!

PS- I'm just jokin around folks ;) Probably seems like that could go without being said, but just in case some youngster takes it the wrong way and actually tries either suggestion... I could not post it without this note-to-all, no matter how unlikely <3

You, my friend, are insane in the membrane.=D

shooting into vein in lower arm near wrist

hey there.. i've found it hard recently to hit my veins near my crooks and my mainline and I see a big vein near the lower part of my arm near my wrist and the back of my hand (not the palm). It's just as safe to shoot into the lower arm verses the upper arm correct? I assume there's no arteries near the lower arm as well.

thanks

its better to shoot closer to the heart (hence the upper arm), and if you are talking about the vein running on the side of your arm on the thumb side, that one is fairly easy to hit and isnt as bad as going into the hand.

Risky as hell cos there are so many delicate structures in that area you really don't wanna fuck with. Having said that I have used veins in that area with some success... Make absolutely sure it's not an artery though cos there are arteries in that locale that are very close to veins that seem very enticing but you seriously don't wanna touch them. Tread with caution :|

Also check out this recent thread in a similar vein :)D) for some other tips :)

The cephalic vein (medial aspect of the wrist) is a fairly safe one to use imo... it's the next largest one after the one in the crook of your elbow. Make sure you tie off though as it sometimes likes to roll... The large one on the back of the hand is a very poor one to use imo,.. it rolls like a mother and if you miss even a tiny bit of your shot in this area you'll have significant swelling since there isn't much connective tissue in this area for the drug to dissipate into.

But as others have said, in general you don't want to go any more distal than your elbows unless you have to.

i hit one below my elbow yesterday... I'm just making sure there's no arteries in the area.. right?

Arteries abound everywhere there are good veins for the digging pretty much, in my experience... but with suitable caution you can hit most any vein *reasonably* safely, in my opinion...

Incidentally, I think I may have misunderstood your original post - was thinking more of the veins on the inner wrist as being deeply iffy. Those on the back of the wrist I've rarely experienced any major issues with. Used with caution, naturally :)

yea it's on my arm right above my hand... no problems right? It's a pretty big looking vein it's just popping out

i just hit it for anyone that's interested. Relatively painless and i got it on my 2nd try. It's hard to see my veins so sometimes it takes 5-6 trys for me to hit 1.. I just started banging about a week ago too... ugh

Yeah, that one's fine. I start my day with that spot and move upwards towards the shoulder for each re-dose.

I've used those with success. If I do it on my own I actually prefer the hand veins as I have more control. The only thing is thou, as someone already said I think, is that they move easily. The only time I ever had a missed shot was there (nothing happened, bad or good)...I just massaged the area and it dissipated.

I think the top of hand is safer than the wrist area. There is a good injection harm reduction guide around I just can't find it at the moment. Anyone?

Safer places to inject image: (Top pic has hand veins on it which means it is a relatively safe place)
NSFW:
bvcsi_09.jpg

^LINK

Also more dilute solution = better for your veins

BE careful there are alot of arteries in that area. If you feel pain, or different ( believe it's light and foamy but don't quote me, wait for another to chime in to confirm ) blood shooting back into the rig without pulling the pluger back... do not inject there.