• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine ATTN: Coke users - Levamisole FAQ

^acetone does not. We're still hoping someone with some knowledge here can shed light on how to purify coke cut with levamisole.

I was googling for the particle size of levamisole...

If the particle size of levamisole is large enough, couldn't it be micron filtered out? The link above seems to show the two grades they examined (not ensuring that this is the type used in cocaine production obviously....) were > 50 um (which could be cotton filtered out). If it's an extremely smaller particle form of the drug, then it might be impossible to filter it out (via using a fine enough filter).

If the particle size of levamisole is large enough, couldn't it be micron filtered out?
Captain, I think the particle size referred to in the article is that of the dry product. Apparently the size of a powder matters when a certain type of release in the stomach or gut is needed. If you put these particles in water however, they will dissolve like the rest and what you have is a solution that passes through any filters. At least that's the way I understand it.

Filtering dry levamisole/coke powder is of course not really feasible since blow comes in all particle sizes, among other things due to clumping.

^how do you know it isn't cut if levamisole can potentiate the effects, appears like good coke and doesn't make it fail purity tests?

70+% of the cocaine in the US is cut with levamisole and this number has been growing. Its not done by unscrupulous local dealers as cuts have traditionally been. These cuts are so universal that they have to be cut by producers... which makes sense given the agrarian areas that cocaine is generally produced; many of the producers are farmers or are surounded by farmers so cheap levamisole is in surplus there.

So,.. see if I got this..
deworming agent is introduced early on- probably by a country's follow-on area refiners and mass finishing and collection points..

Columbia- by far the largest manufacturer of product ready for transport & distribution. Given this dewormer (salt?) is prefaced as a bulking cut and that 70%+ of U.S. cocaine shows evidence of being adulterated with Levamisole.. should not Columbia's use of Levamisole increased oH, like 100,000 fold the past five years??

Is'nt That One Hell of a LOT of Levamisole!?
Nobody noticed a strange spike in it? Suddenly the world's cattle are plagued with nematodes? And not a spittle of anything newsworthy. Sorry, but does not like, 1.5 million Americans alone use coke "regularly"(minim. once a month).
And the most impressive conveyence of information is a placard in Seattle??

Aloric said:
Columbia- by far the largest manufacturer of product ready for transport & distribution. Given this dewormer (salt?) is prefaced as a bulking cut and that 70%+ of U.S. cocaine shows evidence of being adulterated with Levamisole.. should not Columbia's use of Levamisole increased oH, like 100,000 fold the past five years??

Is'nt That One Hell of a LOT of Levamisole!?
Nobody noticed a strange spike in it? Suddenly the world's cattle are plagued with nematodes? And not a spittle of anything newsworthy.
Why would anyone be carefully watching Columbia's use of levamisole back before it became a popular adulterant? Perhaps now it will go on some sort of government watch list. Or maybe not, since it's an adulterant and not a chemical used in the processing of cocaine.

Is mannitol on a watch list? I don't know the answer to this, but if it's not, then I doubt levamisole would be, unless people start dropping like flies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was with two buddies the other day and one mentioned that he'd like to get some coke. My other friend complained how 'everything around here is fucking cut up bullshit unless you pay $$$ for a gram'.

I proceeded to tell them about one of the most common cuts in coke these days, Levamisole.

Long story short they eventually believed me and my friend who wanted the coke decided he'd rather get an OC 80.

I proceeded to tell him about the new formula for Oxycontin pills and how the gel matrix is unbeatable.

After a brief outburst of frustration he collects himself and hands me $$$ and tells me to 'figure something out, please'. I felt bad and got him a Fentanyl patch, which later caused him to puke. I should have told him not to smoke so much, but alas I was doing coke in the other room.

I wonder if the "classic freebase extraction" of the 70's and early 80's with ether and ammonia would take out the levamisole? Ether and ammonia are certainly different chemicaly than acetone of course.I wonder if levamisole is soluble in ether or ammonia? If it is not soluble then the cocaine and lecamisole could be seperated in a solvent seperation reaction.Hmm need to study on which solvents dissolve cocaine but not leamisole and we could seperate the two.I'm afraid that most common solvents might dissolve both,so we need more study.I will look up the solubility of cocaine and levamisole and try and find out a solvent which one is soluble in and the other is not..damn this will take some time ,and I quit cocaine about 4 years ago,but for the sake of harm redution I will study this further,as everyone should who has access to or knowledge of chemical data and solvents..until I find a possible answer to this problem I hope others will be trying to do the same..lol..later on people I have a lot of books and such to go through...

he news that a very significant portion of illicit Cocaine is being cut with Levamisole Wormicid, Levasole a veterinary de-worming agent, at the count of origin, has serious global implications.............

Another reason to fuck-off with cocaine.. seriously not worth it

Though this is coming from an ex-heroin user lol

Yeah, this shit gave me cold sweats the other day.

Cocaine is such a pain in the ass.

I was with two buddies the other day and one mentioned that he'd like to get some coke. My other friend complained how 'everything around here is fucking cut up bullshit unless you pay $$$ for a gram'.

I proceeded to tell them about one of the most common cuts in coke these days, Levamisole.

Long story short they eventually believed me and my friend who wanted the coke decided he'd rather get an OC 80.

I proceeded to tell him about the new formula for Oxycontin pills and how the gel matrix is unbeatable.

After a brief outburst of frustration he collects himself and hands me $$$ and tells me to 'figure something out, please'. I felt bad and got him a Fentanyl patch, which later caused him to puke. I should have told him not to smoke so much, but alas I was doing coke in the other room.

LOL, sorry but I laughed pretty hard after reading this. What a bummer high.

Levamisole Questions

I've been doing a lot of reading on the current problem of levamisole being added to cocaine. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is and how at risk I would be of getting agranulocytosis and/or neutropenia if I used cocaine that had been cut with levamisole.

Articles I've read that said that there have been deaths and hospitalizations do not mention how frequently they used coke before they were hospitalized, so I've come up with these questions (assume the user is a relatively normal, healthy individual with a good diet):

+How much does levamisole suppress production of white blood cells?
+Once ingested, how long does levamisole suppress production of WBC in your body?
+At what rate do your white blood cells regenerate?
+Assuming street cocaine has x amount of levamisole per gram, how often would a person have to use before they were at risk of losing a significant amount of white blood cells and contracting agranulocytosis?

Thanks for your input!

^I went ahead and merged this with some other threads that have been started on this topic that may give you a little more information... unfortunately that information doesn't answer a lot of your questions, and likely nobody will be able to answer some of them at this point.

The best figure we have is that 70-90% of the cocaine in the US is cut with levamisole but I have not found any sources that indicate what percentage of the cocaine is comprised OF levamisole.

Oftentimes medical professionals are unaware of this potential problem so when people ARE presenting with agranulocytosis or neutropenia, many times the connection to cocaine use isn't made so accurate figure on how many cases are caused by levamisole-cut cocaine are not available.

What we do know is that given the prevalence of levamisole in cocaine, fewer medical cases are occurring than would be expected so either only a small percentage of what is sold as cocaine IS the levamisole cut and/or it takes a rather large amount to accumulate enough to cause these serious medical problems.

Take a look at the FAQ above for complications and medication interactions that will exacerbate the risks... absent one or more of those and rather heavy use, evidence suggests the risk is rather low. Healthy, casual/infrequent users who are not taking contraindicated medications probably are at a rather low risk of developing serious problems such as agranulocytosis or neutropenia.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about levamisole and/or WBC production can chime in and address some of your other questions.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the current problem of levamisole being added to cocaine. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is and how at risk I would be of getting agranulocytosis and/or neutropenia if I used cocaine that had been cut with levamisole.

Articles I've read that said that there have been deaths and hospitalizations do not mention how frequently they used coke before they were hospitalized, so I've come up with these questions (assume the user is a relatively normal, healthy individual with a good diet):

+How much does levamisole suppress production of white blood cells?
+Once ingested, how long does levamisole suppress production of WBC in your body?
+At what rate do your white blood cells regenerate?
+Assuming street cocaine has x amount of levamisole per gram, how often would a person have to use before they were at risk of losing a significant amount of white blood cells and contracting agranulocytosis?

Thanks for your input!

I can help answer some of those questions...

White blood cell count typically returns to normal approximately 7-10 days after discontinuing levamisole. Remember though that this time frame is derived from patients who were on therapeutic doses of levamisole ( as it is used to treat certain immune disorders and cancers.)

It seems that unless you're a chronic user, agranulocytosis should not be a concern. There are, however, many other side effects that can occur from more acute high doses of levamisole (600mg+) such as seizure, nausea, comiting, dizziness, cramps, confusion, etc. Approximately 50% of people who take levamisole at the therapeutic dosage ( typically1-1.5mg/kg) experience some these side effects as well, simply to a lesser extent.

Levamisole is also known to cause lesions in the brain, resulting from demyelination of neurons (myelin acts as the protective and insulatory coating for nerve cells.) This can result in seizure, coma, and permanent damage to the brain.

As for how long it takes to develop neutropenia/agranulocytosis, it is somewhat difficult to say. Ironically, levamisole is actually immune-boosting but seems to cause neutropenia by increasing auto-antibodies that target neutrophils. This happens at a different rate and extend depending upon the state of an individual's immune system, general health, diet, etc.

What I can say is that you'll have a lot more to worry about that agranulocytosis when taking levamisole regularly. As neutrophils decrease, your chance of getting bacterial and fungal infections increase so you will become susceptible to all sorts of infections that you may have previously been unaffected by.

Absolute filth. I'd been away from this scene for 2 years until a recent binge which saw my friend buying every weekend & i was appalled at what now passes as 'cocaine', we got some 'good shit' once, the rest i'd be suprised if it was .5 %

One batch i had to wonder if there was ANY cocaine in there, it had a numbing effect, but no high, just a slightly edgy talky feel.

The 'good stuff' i had, which was pink oddly enough, gave a clean unmistakable feel to it, more of a mood lift than stimulation.

i got some slightly pink stuff too. it was the best shit i've ever had in my entire life, and i still think about how good that shit was. i can't even describe how it made me feel, it was just pure awesomeness. nothing i've ever had came close to it, and it just seems like everything is shit. i honestly think i'll never buy coke again unless it's from somewhere legit and from a good source/connect. every time it just turns out to be a waste of money, and i get some shit that feels like weak ritalin or something.

I can help answer some of those questions...

White blood cell count typically returns to normal approximately 7-10 days after discontinuing levamisole. Remember though that this time frame is derived from patients who were on therapeutic doses of levamisole ( as it is used to treat certain immune disorders and cancers.)

It seems that unless you're a chronic user, agranulocytosis should not be a concern. There are, however, many other side effects that can occur from more acute high doses of levamisole (600mg+) such as seizure, nausea, comiting, dizziness, cramps, confusion, etc. Approximately 50% of people who take levamisole at the therapeutic dosage ( typically1-1.5mg/kg) experience some these side effects as well, simply to a lesser extent.

Levamisole is also known to cause lesions in the brain, resulting from demyelination of neurons (myelin acts as the protective and insulatory coating for nerve cells.) This can result in seizure, coma, and permanent damage to the brain.

As for how long it takes to develop neutropenia/agranulocytosis, it is somewhat difficult to say. Ironically, levamisole is actually immune-boosting but seems to cause neutropenia by increasing auto-antibodies that target neutrophils. This happens at a different rate and extend depending upon the state of an individual's immune system, general health, diet, etc.

What I can say is that you'll have a lot more to worry about that agranulocytosis when taking levamisole regularly. As neutrophils decrease, your chance of getting bacterial and fungal infections increase so you will become susceptible to all sorts of infections that you may have previously been unaffected by.

This was VERY informative, thank you.

In regard to brain lesions, is that typically from a high dose as you specified (i.e. 600+ mg), or can they develop over time, such as using adulterated cocaine one to two times a month? Also, will the brain lesions heal from the demyelination of neurons after usage of levamisole has stopped?

This was VERY informative, thank you.

In regard to brain lesions, is that typically from a high dose as you specified (i.e. 600+ mg), or can they develop over time, such as using adulterated cocaine one to two times a month? Also, will the brain lesions heal from the demyelination of neurons after usage of levamisole has stopped?

There has not been extensive research on recovery from this condition, but theoretically partial recovery is possible with total cessation and corticosteroid treatment.

If any of these neurological symptoms present, a person really should discontinue use. I know its easier said that done, but we're talking some serious brain damage and inflammation here.

Levamisole is used as a medication but as always its a cost/benefit analysis. Since its used to treat cancer and chronic, debilitating immune diseases the threshold for side effects is high since these patients (relatively) don't have as much to lose. 50% of patients having adverse effects is very, very high.

Levamisole is used as a medication but as always its a cost/benefit analysis. Since its used to treat cancer and chronic, debilitating immune diseases the threshold for side effects is high since these patients (relatively) don't have as much to lose. 50% of patients having adverse effects is very, very high.

I had no idea that Levamisole was used as a medication in any way. I thought it was just used as a deworming drug for cattle.

Do you know what exactly it's used for? I know you said it's used in cancer patients and those with immune diseases, but what exactly is it meant to do for these people? It seems like there's an awful lot a horrible side effects that are possibly permanent and especially since you mentioned that 50% of patients experience these negative side effects. Some of them just sound really, truly terrible and if I was choosing whether or not to take it as a medication, I'd almost be inclined to just give in to the cancer/immune disease or whatever is ailing me.

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just really curious about this.

Inositol is another common cutting agent...

Several coke dealers ago, the guy TOLD me his cut was inositol.