Bluelight

Thread: ATTN: Coke users - Levamisole FAQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

I was with two buddies the other day and one mentioned that he'd like to get some coke. My other friend complained how 'everything around here is fucking cut up bullshit unless you pay $$$ for a gram'.

I proceeded to tell them about one of the most common cuts in coke these days, Levamisole.

Long story short they eventually believed me and my friend who wanted the coke decided he'd rather get an OC 80.

I proceeded to tell him about the new formula for Oxycontin pills and how the gel matrix is unbeatable.

After a brief outburst of frustration he collects himself and hands me $$$ and tells me to 'figure something out, please'. I felt bad and got him a Fentanyl patch, which later caused him to puke. I should have told him not to smoke so much, but alas I was doing coke in the other room.

2. Collapse Details

I wonder if the "classic freebase extraction" of the 70's and early 80's with ether and ammonia would take out the levamisole? Ether and ammonia are certainly different chemicaly than acetone of course.I wonder if levamisole is soluble in ether or ammonia? If it is not soluble then the cocaine and lecamisole could be seperated in a solvent seperation reaction.Hmm need to study on which solvents dissolve cocaine but not leamisole and we could seperate the two.I'm afraid that most common solvents might dissolve both,so we need more study.I will look up the solubility of cocaine and levamisole and try and find out a solvent which one is soluble in and the other is not..damn this will take some time ,and I quit cocaine about 4 years ago,but for the sake of harm redution I will study this further,as everyone should who has access to or knowledge of chemical data and solvents..until I find a possible answer to this problem I hope others will be trying to do the same..lol..later on people I have a lot of books and such to go through...

3. Collapse Details

he news that a very significant portion of illicit Cocaine is being cut with Levamisole Wormicid, Levasole a veterinary de-worming agent, at the count of origin, has serious global implications.............

4. Collapse Details
    Any Info On Florida?? 
    Question
    Does anyone have any info on the percentage if any in Florida??

5. Collapse Details

Another reason to fuck-off with cocaine.. seriously not worth it

Though this is coming from an ex-heroin user lol

6. Collapse Details

Yeah, this shit gave me cold sweats the other day.

Cocaine is such a pain in the ass.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skoat View Post
    I was with two buddies the other day and one mentioned that he'd like to get some coke. My other friend complained how 'everything around here is fucking cut up bullshit unless you pay $$$ for a gram'.

I proceeded to tell them about one of the most common cuts in coke these days, Levamisole.

Long story short they eventually believed me and my friend who wanted the coke decided he'd rather get an OC 80.

I proceeded to tell him about the new formula for Oxycontin pills and how the gel matrix is unbeatable.

After a brief outburst of frustration he collects himself and hands me $$$ and tells me to 'figure something out, please'. I felt bad and got him a Fentanyl patch, which later caused him to puke. I should have told him not to smoke so much, but alas I was doing coke in the other room.
    LOL, sorry but I laughed pretty hard after reading this. What a bummer high.

8. Collapse Details
    Levamisole Questions 
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the current problem of levamisole being added to cocaine. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is and how at risk I would be of getting agranulocytosis and/or neutropenia if I used cocaine that had been cut with levamisole.

Articles I've read that said that there have been deaths and hospitalizations do not mention how frequently they used coke before they were hospitalized, so I've come up with these questions (assume the user is a relatively normal, healthy individual with a good diet):

+How much does levamisole suppress production of white blood cells?
    +Once ingested, how long does levamisole suppress production of WBC in your body?
    +At what rate do your white blood cells regenerate?
    +Assuming street cocaine has x amount of levamisole per gram, how often would a person have to use before they were at risk of losing a significant amount of white blood cells and contracting agranulocytosis?

Thanks for your input!

9. Collapse Details

^I went ahead and merged this with some other threads that have been started on this topic that may give you a little more information... unfortunately that information doesn't answer a lot of your questions, and likely nobody will be able to answer some of them at this point.

The best figure we have is that 70-90% of the cocaine in the US is cut with levamisole but I have not found any sources that indicate what percentage of the cocaine is comprised OF levamisole.

Oftentimes medical professionals are unaware of this potential problem so when people ARE presenting with agranulocytosis or neutropenia, many times the connection to cocaine use isn't made so accurate figure on how many cases are caused by levamisole-cut cocaine are not available.

What we do know is that given the prevalence of levamisole in cocaine, fewer medical cases are occurring than would be expected so either only a small percentage of what is sold as cocaine IS the levamisole cut and/or it takes a rather large amount to accumulate enough to cause these serious medical problems.

Take a look at the FAQ above for complications and medication interactions that will exacerbate the risks... absent one or more of those and rather heavy use, evidence suggests the risk is rather low. Healthy, casual/infrequent users who are not taking contraindicated medications probably are at a rather low risk of developing serious problems such as agranulocytosis or neutropenia.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about levamisole and/or WBC production can chime in and address some of your other questions.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by roganmaster View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the current problem of levamisole being added to cocaine. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is and how at risk I would be of getting agranulocytosis and/or neutropenia if I used cocaine that had been cut with levamisole.

Articles I've read that said that there have been deaths and hospitalizations do not mention how frequently they used coke before they were hospitalized, so I've come up with these questions (assume the user is a relatively normal, healthy individual with a good diet):

+How much does levamisole suppress production of white blood cells?
    +Once ingested, how long does levamisole suppress production of WBC in your body?
    +At what rate do your white blood cells regenerate?
    +Assuming street cocaine has x amount of levamisole per gram, how often would a person have to use before they were at risk of losing a significant amount of white blood cells and contracting agranulocytosis?

Thanks for your input!
    I can help answer some of those questions...

White blood cell count typically returns to normal approximately 7-10 days after discontinuing levamisole. Remember though that this time frame is derived from patients who were on therapeutic doses of levamisole ( as it is used to treat certain immune disorders and cancers.)

It seems that unless you're a chronic user, agranulocytosis should not be a concern. There are, however, many other side effects that can occur from more acute high doses of levamisole (600mg+) such as seizure, nausea, comiting, dizziness, cramps, confusion, etc. Approximately 50% of people who take levamisole at the therapeutic dosage ( typically1-1.5mg/kg) experience some these side effects as well, simply to a lesser extent.

Levamisole is also known to cause lesions in the brain, resulting from demyelination of neurons (myelin acts as the protective and insulatory coating for nerve cells.) This can result in seizure, coma, and permanent damage to the brain.

As for how long it takes to develop neutropenia/agranulocytosis, it is somewhat difficult to say. Ironically, levamisole is actually immune-boosting but seems to cause neutropenia by increasing auto-antibodies that target neutrophils. This happens at a different rate and extend depending upon the state of an individual's immune system, general health, diet, etc.

What I can say is that you'll have a lot more to worry about that agranulocytosis when taking levamisole regularly. As neutrophils decrease, your chance of getting bacterial and fungal infections increase so you will become susceptible to all sorts of infections that you may have previously been unaffected by.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganga196 View Post
    Absolute filth. I'd been away from this scene for 2 years until a recent binge which saw my friend buying every weekend & i was appalled at what now passes as 'cocaine', we got some 'good shit' once, the rest i'd be suprised if it was .5 %

One batch i had to wonder if there was ANY cocaine in there, it had a numbing effect, but no high, just a slightly edgy talky feel.

The 'good stuff' i had, which was pink oddly enough, gave a clean unmistakable feel to it, more of a mood lift than stimulation.
    i got some slightly pink stuff too. it was the best shit i've ever had in my entire life, and i still think about how good that shit was. i can't even describe how it made me feel, it was just pure awesomeness. nothing i've ever had came close to it, and it just seems like everything is shit. i honestly think i'll never buy coke again unless it's from somewhere legit and from a good source/connect. every time it just turns out to be a waste of money, and i get some shit that feels like weak ritalin or something.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dokomo View Post
    I can help answer some of those questions...

White blood cell count typically returns to normal approximately 7-10 days after discontinuing levamisole. Remember though that this time frame is derived from patients who were on therapeutic doses of levamisole ( as it is used to treat certain immune disorders and cancers.)

It seems that unless you're a chronic user, agranulocytosis should not be a concern. There are, however, many other side effects that can occur from more acute high doses of levamisole (600mg+) such as seizure, nausea, comiting, dizziness, cramps, confusion, etc. Approximately 50% of people who take levamisole at the therapeutic dosage ( typically1-1.5mg/kg) experience some these side effects as well, simply to a lesser extent.

Levamisole is also known to cause lesions in the brain, resulting from demyelination of neurons (myelin acts as the protective and insulatory coating for nerve cells.) This can result in seizure, coma, and permanent damage to the brain.

As for how long it takes to develop neutropenia/agranulocytosis, it is somewhat difficult to say. Ironically, levamisole is actually immune-boosting but seems to cause neutropenia by increasing auto-antibodies that target neutrophils. This happens at a different rate and extend depending upon the state of an individual's immune system, general health, diet, etc.

What I can say is that you'll have a lot more to worry about that agranulocytosis when taking levamisole regularly. As neutrophils decrease, your chance of getting bacterial and fungal infections increase so you will become susceptible to all sorts of infections that you may have previously been unaffected by.
    This was VERY informative, thank you.

In regard to brain lesions, is that typically from a high dose as you specified (i.e. 600+ mg), or can they develop over time, such as using adulterated cocaine one to two times a month? Also, will the brain lesions heal from the demyelination of neurons after usage of levamisole has stopped?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by roganmaster View Post
    This was VERY informative, thank you.

In regard to brain lesions, is that typically from a high dose as you specified (i.e. 600+ mg), or can they develop over time, such as using adulterated cocaine one to two times a month? Also, will the brain lesions heal from the demyelination of neurons after usage of levamisole has stopped?
    There has not been extensive research on recovery from this condition, but theoretically partial recovery is possible with total cessation and corticosteroid treatment.

If any of these neurological symptoms present, a person really should discontinue use. I know its easier said that done, but we're talking some serious brain damage and inflammation here.

Levamisole is used as a medication but as always its a cost/benefit analysis. Since its used to treat cancer and chronic, debilitating immune diseases the threshold for side effects is high since these patients (relatively) don't have as much to lose. 50% of patients having adverse effects is very, very high.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dokomo View Post
    Levamisole is used as a medication but as always its a cost/benefit analysis. Since its used to treat cancer and chronic, debilitating immune diseases the threshold for side effects is high since these patients (relatively) don't have as much to lose. 50% of patients having adverse effects is very, very high.
    I had no idea that Levamisole was used as a medication in any way. I thought it was just used as a deworming drug for cattle.

Do you know what exactly it's used for? I know you said it's used in cancer patients and those with immune diseases, but what exactly is it meant to do for these people? It seems like there's an awful lot a horrible side effects that are possibly permanent and especially since you mentioned that 50% of patients experience these negative side effects. Some of them just sound really, truly terrible and if I was choosing whether or not to take it as a medication, I'd almost be inclined to just give in to the cancer/immune disease or whatever is ailing me.

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just really curious about this.

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Inositol is another common cutting agent...

Several coke dealers ago, the guy TOLD me his cut was inositol.

16. Collapse Details

Its not the first time nor the last this kind of thing will happen but it really pisses me off that they do this kind of crap cos they make enough money off of it that they dont know what to do with all the money, look at the thread i just posted in the media section and the amound of cash they had just sitting around their luxury house with their gold guns etc

They are greedy bastards there really is no need for them to be degrading the quality as much as they do just for a bit more money... it fucking sickens me !!!

17. Collapse Details

PEOPLE make lots of money off of this but from my understanding of the situation, the people cutting the coke with levamisole are more likely to be poor subsistence farmers in Colombia and Bolivia who historically grew cash crops like bananas or coffee but are no longer able to do that because multinationals have squeezed them out and are either controlling production in those areas or moving the base of production to others - such as the case with a substantial amount of commercial coffees being grown in SE Asia to cut costs.

Levamisole is a cattle deworming agent so it makes sense that those who would have the access to it and the motivation to try to make slightly more money so they don't starve are these impoverished farmers.

It could be cartel bosses who ARE profitting handsomely off of this making the decision but we can't know because conclusive evidence isn't there. My point is that while there are a million and a half reasons to think that the people with the most influence in this industry are scum, you don't know for sure that they are doing THIS.

18. Collapse Details

surely if the cartel were the ones putting the pressure on them and they knew they were doing this they would be very persuasive to make them do it right so they were getting the best of quality goods cos i dont think they are going let some farmer get in teh way of the quality being good for their own personal use too

fuck knows but i know one thing the quality has dropped for sure and it pisses me off when they still charge the same prices as they did more than 10 year sago when u got good quality stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12