Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMan737

Bluelighter
Why hasn't one of these threads been started here???

I'm gonna have to take initiative.

You know the rules; rate the song above you on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being absolute best and 1 being absolute worst, and then post a song to be rated by the next poster.

I'll start :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpMQA0qfuM

Death Cab for Cutie- 'Grapevine Fires'

Its a nice and mellow song, there is nothing to really dislike about it. This type of music isn't really my cup of tea but I would have no objection to listening to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwynAlYNS0

Bob Dylan- Mr Tambourine Man

I have a soft spot for 60's music.

4. Something about Beck's singing just rubs me the wrong way. Really grating and hard to listen to. Musically it's not bad, but the singing just kills it for me.

Earlimart-Cold Cold Heaven

lmao ok. show me a hip hop song which is alot better than that. dj premier beats are fucking epic, his scratching is brilliant, rakim is an great mc

I'd give this a 4. I like the verses ok, but the chorus left something to be desired for me. Overall, a bit generic sounding. Not bad, just nothing really grabbed me. Also, I wish the music was mixed a little louder. The guys voice was a little too upfront I thought. Might just have been the quality of the video though, I don't know.

Beirut-Nantes

There was a thread like this before. I think there should be a rule that you have to wait two reviews before you can do another review. Cause last thread there were some retaliatory "You think my song sucks? Well your song sucks too!!!" reviews.

on to the review

6/10

The singing reminds me of Rufus Wainwright of xanax. Now, this is a personal pet peeve of mine but I find it annoying when a band has, like, one musical idea and then tries to stretch it out into a four minute song. It's the same chord progression repeated throughout the whole song. No changes. Now they add different instrumentation on top. Instrumentation that I can't decided wether to describe as "textured" or just "clustered".
It's pleasant enough. It's one of those songs that I think is more interesting than it is good.

Evangelicals - "Midnight Vignette"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.