Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: What do you mean by too indie? That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. What does "indie" consist of? Genuine inquiry.

As for the song: 4. I really like Sigur Ros, but this song just came across as average to me. Nothing bad, but nothing that would bring me running back to listen again like a lot of other sigur ros songs do. Didn't really seem to go anywhere significant. I feel that I would have been bored being there for that performance.

Camera Obscura-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLh9rkvjac

Question: What do you mean by too indie? That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. What does "indie" consist of? Genuine inquiry.

As for the song: 4. I really like Sigur Ros, but this song just came across as average to me. Nothing bad, but nothing that would bring me running back to listen again like a lot of other sigur ros songs do. Didn't really seem to go anywhere significant. I feel that I would have been bored being there for that performance.

Camera Obscura-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLh9rkvjac

Its a certain style of singing and scale that makes up the majority of indie music. This style is something I am not particularly fond of, save a 2 or 3 bands

and in response to your rating, I'm guessing you're more a fan of Sigur's more dynamic records like Takk and Meo. I'm more a fan of their ambient work like Agaetis Byrjun and ( ). I like to think those albums portray what all music sounds like to a fetus in the womb.

I really enjoyed that. Not something i'd listen to every day, but its a nice tune. Something id enjoy listening to sitting by the pool on a summer day.

6/10

are you serious? 4/10 for a bad ass pelican song??? granted the audio quality for that vid sucked, but have you actually heard City of Echoes???

i think you should snatch up a real copy and give me another chance on that one :(

Theres a reason i said if it werent a live video i'd probably like the song a lot more. Find me a non-live video and id be glad to re-rate it.

Passion Pit - The Reeling

I remember seeing these guys when they opened up for Yelle last November thinking "these guys are good but i dont see them going anywhere". Fast forward to Lollapalooza '09 watching them again from the back of a crowded stage thinking "How the hell did these guys get so big? Oh ya they're awsome!"

Im a harsh rater so 10/9's are VERY rare, but the Nas NY State of Mind is an 8/10.

Nas has excellent flow throughout the entire song. Clever and catchy all the way through lyrically. The beat sounds very home grown, with a lack of huge production value. I really miss that in music today.

Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons

wow that is way hotter than I thought it was going to be...at first is was Dave Mathews Band...

you sir may have turned me on to something I would never have found otherwise, thank you...

fucking solid 9.5/10

Hard to follow it, i'll go a little mainstream and down low, with a song that speaks to me in my more drunkard moments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePatJIwB-sI

6/10.

In my opinion the song is bland. With the distortion and low key vocals, I cant very well make out the vocals. Hopefully that does not make or break the song because the lyrics are lost on me. Overall the song seems to fall short with a repetitive rhythm that drones on. Aside from the crescendo at the end, it never seemed to go anywhere.

It does happen to be very hypnotic though.

Anyway, here is my pick.

Somebody to Shove - Soul Asylum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.