• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oral morphine sulfate concentrate...Can it be injected?

I find it a little humorous that people are so concerned with a some of the ingredients in the oral solution and are claiming that dope is so much better.. i think people would be surprised at whats in their dope..

Source: Morphine is a naturally occurring substance extracted from the seedpod of the poppy plant, Papaver somniferum. The milky resin that seeps from incisions made in the unripe seedpod is dried and powdered to make opium, which contains a number of alkaloids including morphine. Morphine concentration in opium can range from 4-21%. An alternate method of harvesting morphine is by the industrial poppy straw process of extracting alkaloids from the mature dried plant, which produces a fine brownish powder. Morphine is a schedule II controlled substance and is available in a variety of prescription forms: injectables (0.5-25 mg/mL strength); oral solutions (2-20 mg/mL); immediate and controlled release tablets and capsules (15-200 mg); and suppositories (5-30 mg). Heroin is a schedule I controlled substance and is produced from morphine by acetylation at the 3 and 6 positions. The majority of heroin sold in the U. S. originates from Southeast Asia, South America (Columbia) and Mexico. Low purity Mexican black tar heroin is most common on the West coast, while high purity Colombian heroin dominates in the East and most mid-western states.

Potency, Purity and Dose: The dosage of morphine is patient-dependent. A usual adult oral dose of morphine is 60-120 mg daily in divided doses, or up to 400 mg daily in opioid tolerant patients. Recreationally, daily heroin doses of 5-1500 mg have been reported, with an average daily dose of 300-500 mg. Addicts may inject heroin 2-4 times per day. Depending on the demographic region, the street purity of heroin can range from 11-72% (average U.S. purity is ~38% ). Heroin may be cut with inert or toxic adulterants such as sugars, starch, powdered milk, quinine, and ketamine.
from >here<

so with the average daily dose of lets just say 400 mg for an active physically dependent heroin user.. and the solution in question it think is 20 mg per ml.. and since a ml is a cc then you will get 20mgs in a 1cc insulin syringe.. twenty shots a day..

so why bother?

Last edited:
Hey All, I know this thread is old and all, but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

A buddy of mine's father passed away from cancer a few months ago. while his family was cleaning out the house my buddy found 3 bottles of Morphine Sulfate Oral Concentrate 100 mg / per 5 ml. We debated IV'n it for a few days, but ran low on dope one day so decided to give it a shit. At first we tried banging it straight, starting at 10 units at a time. Eventually after about 40, I felt a little something...not much though. The next day what I did was prep a shot of tar, about .3 (little less then usual). Added about 40 units of water, heated it, mixed it, then added 20 units of the Morphine. Filtered and hit......OMG, what a difference it made. If anyones debating iv'n the morphine sulfate oral, that's def the way to go. I took a pic of the box it came in. Its linked to my dropbox http://db.tt/Em8PnY89
It intensifies the initial rush, makes it last longer, and gives the whole high some legs.

Shouldn't this thread be closed since its so old? I'm proud of all of you who had the sense to stop the experienced Drug addict. As I was, experience or not we risk our lives trying to catch a buzz all the time. Even know I have to wear a patch, I never even think of doing it anyother way. I understand what its like to use smack everyday and the desperation it causes, but I do have to work very hard on eat hung my oxy use for breakthrough pain. Peace

Yes, it's an old post but I found the discussions highly informative... just my $0.02's worth.

hey every 1. I have a bottle of 100mg.per5ml. of this stuff. its called morphine sulfate oral solution. here are the EXACT ingredients. citric acid, edetate disodium, glycerin, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, and water. it also contains :FD&C green #3. the green stuff has: methylparaben and propylparaben. that's all right from the page inside the box. so? is this stuff ok to boot? I don't know. this sounds like a lot o crap in a bottle. don't know if I want to boot it. I am and have been addicted to pain pills, fentanyl, opana, methadone, morphine, azinza, Xanax, lortab, oxycontin, oxycodone, oxymorphone, Percodan, Percocet, basically....u name it, ive been on it. all legal too. a person forgot to take it with him 2 months ago. I called him and he said I could have it. so...........if I dood it, im a bad boy.hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. ok! I dood it. let ya know. tonyo

Hey all, I just wanted to put in my two cents about IV drug use. It is simple DONT DO IT! I've have been using IV drugs for 14 years. Sure the high is way better than anything else but if you don't use sterile water, alcohol pads, and clean needles every time you will get an infection eventually. And where do all those fillers go when you inject a pill? You may be lucky and go for 3 months with no problems. In the end you may lose a limb. I am speaking from experience, like all addicts that use IV eventually you will end up with no veins and have to use you feet. I did this and had the worse infection in my life. It was so bad they had to remove bone from my heel and a tendon frommy leg. I got lucky got to keep my foot. I know what addiction is like and when your sick you don't care you rush to get well, take it from me a guy that's been there stop while you can. Get on a methadone taper and get your life back. There is so much more life has to offer us than just a feeling. Experience it. Travel. Workout. Do anything but watch life pass by while you wait for your dealer or the tracks in your arm to heal. All we're doing is killing ourselves slowly.

I have a friend who has been injecting the following oral morphine solution for over 10 years (and i have been injecting it for about the last 6 months);

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/r/ramorphsol.pdf

He has had a long term source of the 1mg bottles and about 30ml does the job provided you aren't doing it all the time. I would agree its better to err on the side of caution - but you can't tell me that oral morphine is dangerous across the board. Look at the ingredients of the solution then you can determine whether or not there is cause for concern.

SWIM has come across this oral solution as well and would say SWIM probably IV'd about 6ml throughout the day today.. And while yes, SWIM is alive and fine and have had no problems so far, it could cause problems down the road. What SWIM would like to really know is, can this solution be administered through IM? SWIM would much rather stick themselves once or twice in the glute than a million times in the arms(high tolerance). Can anyone help answer this question?

I noticed no one answered this question. I would like an answer as well. There seems to be some confusion about this type of oral solution. I can tell you the ones that have a color (bluish green) are the weaker concentration such as 10mg per 5ml or the 20 per 5ml. The clear color that has been mention is the 100ml per 5ml which is the strongest one made. Maybe they are different colors to help from mixing them up??

I also get a bottle of morphine solution every month but I don't think it's safe to inject and I shure wouldn't. Just take it orally and there you go. Rather be safe than sorry. Besides you never know what's in those bottles really and it's not sterile at all. Just my 2cents

I just looked at the web site mentioned above and it seems to be more than one kind of this oral morphine sulfate made. The one I have been using is not the same as what what listed on that site. The one I'm using is very rare for some reason and hard to get in my area. Even from the pharmacy. 1 out of 20 may even carry it. It only comes in 3 strengths. 5,10 and 20 mg / 1 ml. The 5 and 10 are a bluish green color and the 20mg/1ml is clear as water. I have looked on the data sheet that comes with it and no mention of any of the other ingredients that are mentioned in the other data article listed above. That's why I'm assuming it's different.

I'm actually interested in this also, I came across some that were pre loaded in oral syringes but didn't have any color nor any raspberry, or any smell at all. It was kinda like water. Supposedly these were excess after someone in hospice care died. The 1ml oral syringes only contained about a 0.25 ml and is supposedly morphine. What dose would something like this be per ml??

I'm actually interested in this also, I came across some that were pre loaded in oral syringes but didn't have any color nor any raspberry, or any smell at all. It was kinda like water. Supposedly these were excess after someone in hospice care died. The 1ml oral syringes only contained about a 0.25 ml and is supposedly morphine. What dose would something like this be per ml??

The solubility of morphine HCl is around 60mg/ml, so maybe you have around 15mg, maybe less, are you 100% sure it's morphine and not something else?

The solubility of morphine HCl is around 60mg/ml, so maybe you have around 15mg, maybe less, are you 100% sure it's morphine and not something else?

Ya, I'm almost positive they're the 20mg/ml oral solution cause they're clear and the consistency of water. The lorazapam were in the same 1cc oral syringes but they were fully loaded, all I could find out about the oral lorazapam is the oral doses go up to 2mg/ml but I have no proof of this. These were leftovers from a friend of a friend's wife's comfort package from hospice after it was no longer needed,(was told the nurse never came back for them) so if anyone knows the dosages of those meds I would certainly like to know them.

Injecting anything which is meant for oral administration only is not at all wise peeps. The problems I encountered when I was iv'ing sugar free methadone in my femoral over 10 years ago were horrific. Trust me on this one. I'm very very lucky to have come out of the other side with relatively good health.