• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Temazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, many who say alprazolam I would bet that they haven't even tried temazepam once in their life, or they've had a one time thing with temazepam - it knocked them out and so they can't remember anything, lol. So they stick to their "xannies".

Yes, Temazepam has less affinity to the alpha2-3 subunits but much higher action at the alpha1 subunit. Along with its powerful hypnotic qualities it is a very good muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant. I think this is the reason I like Temazepam.

I use to be prescribed 30mg temazepam and it didnt do a damn thing, wouldnt even help me sleep, Yes I used them plenty over a year, I'd take a xanax anyday. oh and btw I have taken large amounts of it but I have a huge benzo and opiate tolerance.

Temazepam is the only benzo that actually works for me. It relaxes and makes me really sleepy. Xanax is good for acute panic attacks, I find if I take 4-6 mgs of it then it will kill my panic attack, but other than getting rid of it I don't even feel it in my system. The one time I took 10mgs just for the hell of it....I don't remember anything that happened. My girlfriend told me I was wandering around the apartment looking for something but I didn't know what I was actually looking for.

Four hours of looking for this "thing" and eating about another 10mgs of Xanax during that time I was in "limbo" I passed out and woke up 8 hours later. I didn't remember one single thing that happened 20 minutes after I took those first pills.

Temazepam is the only benzodiazepine that will produce true euphoria, different than opiates. It is nicely intoxicating and blissfully relaxing. My muscles become really light and so do my eyes. I feel just right, no stress.

temazepam blows xanax WAY out of the water. best benzo imo and the most euphoric

Funny thing about Temazepam I've noticed is that it makes me feel really comfortable, patient, somehwat happy and euphoric the next day at work. Everything seems to be just ok and easy to accept. A day after Xanax or Valium I tend to feel a bit dull and clouded....can't say this of temmies....feel clearer and more productive...maybe I'm just more slammed and don't notice I am. Either way, despite temazepam having a reputation of being stronger than the other 2, I find it to have less side effects the day after. Anybody agree?

Oh and also....it does a better job of soothing psychological opioid withdrawals/cravings.

Last edited:
What she said. Read my mind.

Totally agree-temazepam, it's just more profound somehow.....the main reason opioids are usually better (or more habit-forming) than benzos. Temmies share this profoundness to some degree.....leaves a bigger impression. Hard to describe though. Valium comes over as bland, and Xanax just somehow makes me heavy and slower. (not that I mind Xanax though) Valium is too long-half life....it's kind of like the bupe/methadone of benzos. Not ideal for chippers.

Anything that's too short (codeine) half-life sucks and anything that's too long hl sucks. (done/bupe/valium)

Has anyone ever tried snorting or iving them? just wonderin i am getting ready to go cold turkey off of 60 mg of morphine sulfate a day
any suggestions for me. ii am taking restoril 15 mg at nite. But i am still going to be really sick from wds. Any ideas or where i could obtain some from a relieable souce on internet. email me at <snip> thanmk=== Can restorials be iv'd?

Do not use BL for sourcing. Thats not what we are here for, and its a term you agreed to when you signed up. Please read the BLUA (Bluelight user agreement) which can be found in the big green box following you around at the top of the screen. -fizzle

Last edited by a moderator:
xanax (now I use clonazepam) for panic during the day if needed
Temazepam for getting to sleep at night

please any ideas will be greatly appreciated since i am very worried and dreading going thur the next week being sick and in bad withdrawls. Any ideas are welcome!thanks so very much since i am scared to death about what i am getting ready to go thru. much sickness and pucking i am sure. any info would truely help me in this time of need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever tried snorting or iving them? just wonderin i am getting ready to go cold turkey off of 60 mg of morphine sulfate a day
any suggestions for me. ii am taking restoril 15 mg at nite. But i am still going to be really sick from wds. Any ideas or where i could obtain some from a relieable souce on internet. email me at <snip> thanmk=== Can restorials be iv'd?

Sorry, but we can't help you try to get temazepam from online sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old thread, but I like Xanax better overall. I have more experience with Xanax than with Temazepam also however. Another thing to consider is if you take opiates or other downers like myself (I'm on MMT), Temazepam basically just knocks you out unless you get up and do something, then it can be calming and similar to Xanax. So really I guess it's hard to decide. I like different benzos for different situations. If I am having an actual panic attack - Klonopin (Clonazepam) works best for me. I get no high or buzz, but as soon as it kicks in the panic attack is over and I'm relaxed. For going out and partying or hanging out with friends I could see using Temazepam because I would be too busy than to fall asleep. Xanax is just more of an overall benzo for me. I can use it for panic attacks, and I can use it recreationally. However, tolerance rises extremely quickly, which leads to taking higher doses and mixing it with other drugs to chase that high, which leads to bad situations... so yeah.... just be careful.

%)

Thanks for your input Deadhead Chemistry! :)
We try not to resurrect old threads here - if you have a question, you are more than welcome (and encouraged) to make your own thread. Take a look at the BDD guidelines in my sig, and the "State of BDD" sticky.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.