• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Temazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i take diphenhydramine a few hours after ive tooken 30mg temazepam?
Still cant fall asleep and no more other stuff. except xanax

so should i take 1mg of alprazolam
or 50 mg of diphenhydramine?

which would be better for me to fall asleep faster . please
withdrawls are hard rite now.... or which one is safe? or are they even safe at all?

Yup yer fine to take some Diphen. Taking some Alprazolam will likely result in blackout citaayyyy, but if yer fine with that then that's also fine (fine fine fine).

i get a script of kpins, so i have only done xanax maybe 20 times. they are about the same as my kpins at least imo.

for the past two months a person gave me their temazs and i must say, this is the best benzo hands down

I tried temaz once but I had purchased so many different benzos this day that I can't really recall if it was better than the others (had purchased maybe 10 different benzos). I have some generic Xanax right now, so I can't really compare, but I have clonaz too and I prefer clonaz.
I'll try to find my contact and purchase some temaz, they're still yellow jellies here.

Someone above asked if temazepam (30mg I believe) was good for using as a sleep aid. The answer is a definite yes. I had it prescribed (at 15mg) for a sleep aid in the past and loved it (30mg was much better). Temazepam DOES have an excellent buzz to it much different, in my opinion, than other benzos. For someone addicted to opiates, temazepam works best (more than xanax or other benzos) for calming the urge when opiates are out and benzos are the only option. The high is more euphoric and 'blurry/fuzzy' than other benzos.

For someone addicted to opiates, temazepam works best (more than xanax or other benzos) for calming the urge when opiates are out and benzos are the only option. The high is more euphoric and 'blurry/fuzzy' than other benzos.

What she said. Read my mind.

Someone above asked if temazepam (30mg I believe) was good for using as a sleep aid. The answer is a definite yes.

Well of course it is, thats what it is prescribed for. Its only prescribed for insomnia related problems, although it is an effective anxiolytic. Although I prefer Xanax when it comes to helping curb anxiety. Temazepam for a pleasurable night. I enjoy hypnotics.

For someone with a very high tolerance to benzodiazepines, 120mg does me very nice (4 of the 30mg capsules).

I thankfully got 7x20mg Temazepams today in an effort to get more than a couple of hours sleep (which is all I've had in 4 days). I took 60mg earlier and only managed to get an hour or so :(
I think it was silly to take them in the afternoon but it took a lot of the Opiate withdrawals away and made things much easier.
They are very lush.. While I didn't get much sleep, it was really nice to lie there with a grin on my chops =D

The only thing holding back the hypnotic benzos from being used as anxiolytics is that little extra bit of sedation. If you are able to still function throughout the day on hypnotic benzos, then more power to you using them in this way.

The only thing holding back the hypnotic benzos from being used as anxiolytics is that little extra bit of sedation. If you are able to still function throughout the day on hypnotic benzos, then more power to you using them in this way.

The hypnotics just have more direct action on the alpha1 sub-unit which results in more sedation then the anxiolytics. All the classic benzodiazepines initially have the same qualities.

temazepam is a hypnotic primarily, but its next best use is actually as an anticonvulsant (as opposed to an anxiolytic, though it still an effective anxiolytic aswell).

it is one of the best anticonvulsants among the benzos.
it is a 3 hydroxy benzo, which typically are very powerful anticonvulsants (ie. temazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam).

same goes for the nitro benzos, excellent anticonvulsants (clonazepam, nitrazepam, nimetazepam etc).

Temazepam, definitely.

I've tried alprazolam (Xanax) and frankly I don't get what all the hype is about.

I've been on and off benzos for about 8 years (the last 4 of them ON) and i have tried allmost every single one of them (at least) the ones that are available in europe and in my book XANAX is EASILY the best one. Hands down. Just goes to show you how differently people react to medications/drugs.

They say Temazepam (Restoril) has the highest rate of drug intoxication, including overdose, among common benzos:
http://mylanpills.freehostia.com/mylan-4010.htm
I think Xanax can be listed as a common benzo, can't it? Even Xanax is dangerous (addictive) and may cause severe withdrawal symptoms. If so, Temazepam has to be used with a greater caution than Xanax. IMO.

Well of course it is, thats what it is prescribed for. Its only prescribed for insomnia related problems, although it is an effective anxiolytic. Although I prefer Xanax when it comes to helping curb anxiety. Temazepam for a pleasurable night. I enjoy hypnotics.

For someone with a very high tolerance to benzodiazepines, 120mg does me very nice (4 of the 30mg capsules).

120mgs.......faaaaark!!! 10-30 will do me fine thanks.

xanax is great short acting everyone is diff tho. i personally prefer klonopin it last long,i take 2 mg of xanax and 1 mg of klonopin.

alprazolam is a little more utilitarian. It can be sedating but nothing like temazepam, or say triazolam.

Alprazolam has mediocre muscle relaxant properties, it has mediore sedative properties, and it has weak anticonvulsant properties. However, it's anxiolytic properties are extremely powerful. That's all that alprazolam is good for, anti-anxiety.

Temazepam has powerful sedative-hypnotic properties, strong muscle relaxant properties, strong anxiolytic properties, powerful anticonvulsant properties, and powerful amnesic properties.

Here are temazepam's indications and usages:

Temazepam is officially indicated for severe or debilitating insomnia and other severe or disabling sleep disorders. Temazepam is an hypnotic agent. The prescribing guidelines in the UK limit the prescribing of hypnotics to two-to-four weeks due to concerns of tolerance and dependence.[10] In sleep laboratory studies, temazepam significantly decreased the number of nightly awakenings[11] but has the drawback of distorting the normal sleep pattern.[12] The United States Air Force uses temazepam as one of the hypnotics approved as "no-go pills" to help aviators and special duty personnel sleep in support of mission readiness. "Ground tests" are required prior to authorization being issued to use the medication in an operational situation.[13]
In addition to treating insomnia, temazepam is also used as a pre-anaesthetic in surgery. A study conducted on adult women undergoing minor gynaecological surgery in a dose of 30 mg and compared to 10 mg of diazepam. The sedative effect of temazepam was found to be profoundly superior to that of diazepam, using both objective and subjective criteria for assessment. There was also a highly significant degree of patient acceptance of the drug. It is suggested that temazepam is a suitable drug for premedication for minor surgery.[14]
Temazepam is also a potent anticonvulsant and has been used to treat refractory epilepsies in the past. However, long term prophylactic treatment of epilepsy has considerable drawbacks. Most importantly the loss of antiepileptic effects due to tolerance which renders prolonged temazepam therapy ineffective. Temazepam also has the drawback of significant side effects such as heavy sedation, which is why benzodiazepines in general are only prescribed in the acute management of epilepsies. Temazepam has even been found to be more effective than clonazepam in treating a wide range of epileptic conditions, but long term therapy becomes ineffective with prolonged therapy and the side effects of hypotonia and strong, heavy sedation are troublesome with temazepam therapy, unlike with clonazepam therapy.[15]

They say Temazepam (Restoril) has the highest rate of drug intoxication, including overdose, among common benzos:
http://mylanpills.freehostia.com/mylan-4010.htm
I think Xanax can be listed as a common benzo, can't it? Even Xanax is dangerous (addictive) and may cause severe withdrawal symptoms. If so, Temazepam has to be used with a greater caution than Xanax. IMO.

The study which concluded temazepam was the most toxic benzo, had alprazolam as one of the test benzos. BTW, it wasn't just one test - it was several in different countries spanning decades - all found that temazepam was the most rapidly absorbed, the fastest acting, and along with it's affinity to the receptors it was concluded that temazepam not only was the most toxic, but had the highest abuse potential.

Temazepam. I bet most of the people who vote for Xanax either haven't had temazepam or they haven't tried it enough! Not even a close call. I love xanax, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.