the following night. Throughout the rest of the day, he continued
to see movement out of the corner of his eye, but when he turned to
look nothing was there. Just wanted to share my friends
experience.

Diphenhydramine is like that drunk cousin that you hate at your
reunion, you know, the one that reminds you of Ambien and Benzo, but
well, he's too dumb and shitfaced.

Dosage: 12 x 25 mg (250 mg)

So this is swallowed all at once, no time interval. Erowid qualifies the following dosages:

-Threshhold 10 mg

-Light 25-150

-Common 150-300

-Strong 250-300

-Heavy 400-700

-Lethal (with rats)500 mg

I would definitely never go over a dosage of 300 mg. I mean,
what's the point? You can only feel so drunk, and this is not a
drug that will enlighten you or provide you with spiritual
experiences. The most I've ever done is 275 mg. This is as
follows.

Diphenhydramine was bought at pharmacy. It is a OTC found in some
allergy medicines (mainly the infamous Benadryl) and also sleep
meds. I've only used sleep meds, they have less inactive
ingredients. Just try to find one with only diphenhydramine
listed as the only active ingredient. 12 of the 25 mg pills were
swallowed on empty stomach, effects were noted within exactly one
hour. I have no idea why, but they always exactly kick in one
hour later. Almost to the dot.

Anyway, overdosing on these pills will give you a drunken sense.
This is a purely physical drug. You will feel very sleepu, almost
as if your muscles were in some kind of cement or quicksand. Your
mind will slow down. Everything will slow down. You will
try to stay awake, and it will be very hard. This is the fun
part; you fighting the sleep. You can try caffeine pills or
energy drinks.

It is my theory that this fighting your desire to sleep creates the
"diphenhydramine feeling." It is hard to describe.
Basically, the closest I can come is to ask you to remember what it is
like when you are in your bed, trying to fall asleep. You know
that period when you realize that you are falling asleep? That
usually only lasts a few seconds, because you are soon asleep.
With diphenhydramine, that feeling is prolonged as long as you stay
awake.

I have never lasted more than 2 hours before I fall asleep.

I have also attempted this once during the day, and the effects were
greatly diminshed, leading me to think that it works much better in the
dark. So stow all the breakable things in your room away, close
the door, put on some heavy beats, and lie on the ground until the drug
kicks in. Then try to stand up.

That is the diphenhydramine feeling.

Please be safe when you do this, I don't know if it is illegal to
overdose on these whatever, I'm assuming all of this info is
legal. Just remember this is a crappy drug. It really
is. There are much better things out there, this is mostly a last
resort/want to try it once. At least in my opinion. Oh, and
you will not want to do anything the next day, you will feel extremely
drowsy (obviously).

60 x 25mg benadryl (1.5g diphenhydramine) on top of a lot of alcohol

I went to the bar with a friend and my brother. Drank a bit before we left so I wouldn't have to spend much at the bar on drinks. We shared a couple pitchers (just my brother and me mainly, other friend doesn't drink much) and I had a long island ice tea or 2. Got home and downed a mug full of red bull and vodka, my brother left, and my friend passed the fuck out. Might have had more than 1, but even just 1, those mugs are pretty stout.

I vomited a bit (didn't make it to the toilet... nasty nacho vomit... I think there's still tiny bits of nachos in the front grill of my computer case) but that never stops me from partying. Was annoyed that I was left by myself so early in the night. Decided to give dph a go. I kept taking handfuls of them, and then after a few minutes I'd be like "fukk not feeling anything but alcohol!" and swallow another handful... well, ended up taking 60 of them.

I remember typing suddenly felt really weird, all my actions were slow and deliberate. Stood up and realized I felt it, don't know how long it had been at that point. I stood up, suddenly felt extremely heavy, and basically fell to the wall a few feet away.. dunno how else to describe it. Like a more dramatic/desperate stumble I guess. Made my way to the bathroom bracing myself up with stuff on the way.

Rest of the night/morning is a blur, until much later, but I did stay conscious I guess because I drilled into my head that I need to stay awake as long as possible to get as much out of the drug as I can. I remember my friend waking up, and he was sitting there on his computer a few feet from mine and I kept talking like I was responding to him just to have him give me this dumbfounded stare followed by "... what the hell are you talking about" or I'd say "what" and he'd say "I didn't say anything dude." I remember I was trying to clear my throat between every word, but it was no use, my voice was cracking so bad. I could get 1 syllable out before everything else went to shit.

I remember my grandma coming back in this room at one point that morning and being really upset, thinking my friends got me too drunk or something. She asked if my throat hurt and I said yes.

Another friend allegedly came over that morning but I never knew until he told me. "I came over and you were sitting on the floor, your legs shirt your whole fucking front side was covered in vomit, your desk and floor and table by your desk were destroyed, you were mumbling to yourself and just completely fucking out of it like I've never seen someone so fucked up ever" ... my grandma yelled at him too thinking he was one of the people who influenced me but he had just shown up that morning and had no clue what was going on

I remember the TV was on for whatever reason, and we were watching The Scorpion King. I swore that I knew one of the bad guys irl and it was this guy I was making fun of at the work Christmas party. He was doing crazy martial arts shit and I kept panicking like HOW THE FUCK DOES HE KNOW ALL THIS STUFF I'M IN SO MUCH TROUBLE IF HE FINDS ME I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS SO POWERFUL etc. I was sitting in a chair by the couch and my friend kept reminding me not to brush against it whenever I got too close because I was still covered in vomit.

I don't remember my hallucinations specifically, I just remember how mad they made me. Just reaching for something and realizing it was never there pissed me off to no end. And my short term memory was so fucked I'd just keep falling for it.

At something like noon or 2 pm or w/e my friend convinced me to go to sleep. Went to sleep Saturday afternoon, woke up Sunday afternoon. Woke up with random piles of vomit all over the room, mostly directly on top of white objects, like there was a small puddle on top of my white alarm clock right next to the bed. My theory is that I thought they were toilets, idk. I don't remember if my friend was still there or not.... I think he may have been.

Also had a shitload of texts/voicemails asking me what I wanted or what I was talking about last night etc.

Was hungover for a week. Best way to describe the hangover is an elephant was sitting on my head 24/7. I actually got written up and suspended for 3 days from work because I was just wandering around in a fucking daze refusing to get anything done and left early one day without permission.

I would like to tell a story about a friend who I once knew
and I'll be honest and say he has had some struggle with this drug for almost a year now and doeses anywhere from 400 to 600 mgs but this praticular story that I am about to tell you took place yesterday morning at a dose of just 500 mgs.

The last few days Carl " our subject " had not gotten any sleep due to a heavy diphenhydramine binge and this was typical for carl day ater day.
Carl returned home after work around 3 am yesterday morning and took his usual dose of 500 mgs " keep in mind he has been doesed for a few days " Carl was sitting on his bed doing some design on the computer. Things began to get weird like expected but what happend in this trip really blew his mind because this is not or never has been typical for carl.

Carl looked up at the window and noticed that it was daylight " Morning " He remembers looking at the clocks reading " 7:30 AM "
Carl continues doing work on the computer and looks about and realizes
its now 8:30 PM. Carl does not remember where that time went or why It flew by in just a blink of an eye. He slightly remember kind of like waking up but already being awake. Carl added that It was really odd and disturbing not knowing what had happened even on a little dose of 500 mgs.

Carl wanted me to let you know some of the long term effects he may begin to take on
+ Increased Paranoia / Anxiety thinking someone is always tryng to shoot him thanks to watching army movies while dosed on ths drug " Not Reccomended "

+Slight Distortion in thinking " nothing pshychotic " just different way of thinking about something .

Carl says not to take this around anyone because you will be found out.
Carl trys to play it cool around his friends but little does carl know that everything he is saying or was saying did not make any sense but to him it did.
He would be walking with a friend talking laughing only to look at his friend and realize they are shaking their head while looking at carl as if he were pitiful

Last edited:
Diphenhydramine is like that drunk cousin that you hate at your
reunion, you know, the one that reminds you of Ambien and Benzo, but
well, he's too dumb and shitfaced.

Dosage: 12 x 25 mg (250 mg)

So this is swallowed all at once, no time interval. Erowid qualifies the following dosages:

-Threshhold 10 mg

-Light 25-150

-Common 150-300

-Strong 250-300

-Heavy 400-700

-Lethal (with rats)500 mg

I would definitely never go over a dosage of 300 mg. I mean,
what's the point? You can only feel so drunk, and this is not a
drug that will enlighten you or provide you with spiritual
experiences. The most I've ever done is 275 mg. This is as
follows.

Diphenhydramine was bought at pharmacy. It is a OTC found in some
allergy medicines (mainly the infamous Benadryl) and also sleep
meds. I've only used sleep meds, they have less inactive
ingredients. Just try to find one with only diphenhydramine
listed as the only active ingredient. 12 of the 25 mg pills were
swallowed on empty stomach, effects were noted within exactly one
hour. I have no idea why, but they always exactly kick in one
hour later. Almost to the dot.

Anyway, overdosing on these pills will give you a drunken sense.
This is a purely physical drug. You will feel very sleepu, almost
as if your muscles were in some kind of cement or quicksand. Your
mind will slow down. Everything will slow down. You will
try to stay awake, and it will be very hard. This is the fun
part; you fighting the sleep. You can try caffeine pills or
energy drinks.

It is my theory that this fighting your desire to sleep creates the
"diphenhydramine feeling." It is hard to describe.
Basically, the closest I can come is to ask you to remember what it is
like when you are in your bed, trying to fall asleep. You know
that period when you realize that you are falling asleep? That
usually only lasts a few seconds, because you are soon asleep.
With diphenhydramine, that feeling is prolonged as long as you stay
awake.

I have never lasted more than 2 hours before I fall asleep.

I have also attempted this once during the day, and the effects were
greatly diminshed, leading me to think that it works much better in the
dark. So stow all the breakable things in your room away, close
the door, put on some heavy beats, and lie on the ground until the drug
kicks in. Then try to stand up.

That is the diphenhydramine feeling.

Please be safe when you do this, I don't know if it is illegal to
overdose on these whatever, I'm assuming all of this info is
legal. Just remember this is a crappy drug. It really
is. There are much better things out there, this is mostly a last
resort/want to try it once. At least in my opinion. Oh, and
you will not want to do anything the next day, you will feel extremely
drowsy (obviously).

Would like to add if one had not already that talking is one of thee hardest things to do on this substance, thinking about what you are going to say to someone only makes things harder and this is followed up with a eerie awkward silence. " limited but not limited to "

and for the hangover or drop after the so called trip drink some Powerraid or something that will hydrate you because this substance will dehydrate you

Diphenhydramine is something that should only be played with at doses under 400mgs. I've ventured to 1000mgs and then more once I was tripping. The total dosage is unknown to this day. I had an extreme, three hour long, schizophrenic experience that took extraordinary strength to over come having come out of the trip. I was talking to myself in a car window where I could see my reflection but it wasn't me. He was copying me and wouldn't stop. No matter how much I yelled or tried to ignore it. I would see how well he could copy me. If he was as good as a mime. I would turn away and slooowly turn back while looking ever so slightly out of the corner of my eye and he would be doing the same thing. But the problem is, he was me. And I was so far in that I never realized this. I just finally walked away and he never did stop copying me..

When I was 17 I overdosed on Benadryl for three consecutive days -- or so I gather. I'm not quite sure how many pills I ended up taking. Probably about 50 over the course of those three days. Leading up to this nightmare, I had been taking two or three Benadryl each night, to fall asleep and for the feeling of intoxication.

There were spiders everywhere. Bedbugs burrowed in and out of my flesh. I remember siting in the living room, Mariah Carey on the television. I was commenting about how weak her voice was to a circle of my friends. In reality, the TV was off, and I was scaring the hell out of my younger sister, the only other person in the room.

I remember being in school and pencils lifting up off desks and thrusting through the air toward my eyes. Specks of dust were insects marching toward me. I ended up in the emergency room hooked up to an intravenous saline solution; it was too late to pump my stomach.

It's the fucking worst.

I have tried to trip on it multiple times, to no avail. It made me want to die. The hangover makes you feel like a shitted-upon zombie. Everything is so uncomfortable too, like there is no way to experience the hallucinations without the complete unpleasantness. I have tried toking and drinking in addition to it. Nothing.

Seriously this is the worst thing I could ever do recreationally.

I do enjoy it as a sleep aid though.

Diph has such a lot of fascinatingly negative properties I don't even venture to read trip reports featuring it anymore except when I'm in need of distant bad memories for medicinal purposes, to remind me how good life without it has been to me. For a preview of Hell only meth beats this stuff.

Standard-dose sedation is kind of enjoyable, though. At least for me.

My experience has just been given me nightmarish type of dreams. Usually dealing with trust and my roommates plotting against me. It is almost a schizophrenic feeling in my dreams lol. But then I wake up and everything is normal again except I quite tired the next day.

Been taking 25 mg at night. It makes it really easy to get to sleep, but the sleep I get on it seems slightly less refreshing than what I can acheive naturally. It could prove useful for times when I need to go to bed and wake up earlier than usual.

Got 150 mg left, but I'm not going to finish it for a good while. Tolerance builds too fast.

my experience goes as followed:
aged 16
dose 5-7 25mg lil pink pills
exp level mostly just marijuana use

I was walking around my small podunk town with my cousin looking for something to do and my "sinuses where acting up"( in reality I stupidly snored welbutrin and suggest not doing that) so we walked to the store near us and bought some store brand allergy medicine and I head home and I wait until around 8 to actually dose on them

I look at the pills in my hand and shrug and go play some games with my little bros this lasts for about 40 or so minutes because it was rather boring I watch some TV with my other cousin and mostly just lay there expecting nothing more besides this drowsiness but then on the verge of drifting into sleep I hear a noise I can't even describe the noise maybe a screech and my heart started to race and I started to sweat reaching over I just touch my cousin to make sure she's actually there this relaxed me and my panic was gone.

Laying in bed later that night was THE worst my legs were so restless but I was so tired but eventually I did fall asleep feeling normal the next morning

looking back on it I have no idea why that sound scared me so much I was in complete utter distraught for a good 3 minutes and now I can't even describe that sound besides it was sudden and maybe a screech

Deliriants have never sounded appealing to me, though reading other people's experiences is very interesting. I like to feel like I have some level of control when tripping. Not to say I haven't taken LSD and been so far gone I had forgotten myself and the fact that I had even taken a drug. But no euphoria no fun IMO.

The Benadryl just seems too dirty and desparate. Datura maybe. Or Amanitas. If I were to decide one day to try this class of drug, I would go naturally. I'm not passing judgement on anyone who does eat Benadryl recreationally, I just know I will never try it. Makes for a decent sleeping aid though and allergies of course.