• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

Very interesting, Thanks for the post.
Stage 5 is a bitch, never understood it or even recognized it for what it is until now.

^I think the bupe helps negate the effects a little bit also. I dont think come downs are that bad there just fucking annoying.

thats good because i havent taken any amphet's for my ADHD since the negative side effects such as the come down and what not were more over powering than the good effects........only way i would back then was if i was gonna have an opiate to come down with cause i couldnt stand the feeling so

Both buprenorphine and amphetamine are two drugs which tend to vary in effect, depending on the person.

It could probably be a very different experience for some people, but it works well for me.

well thats good then i guess i should pursue it especially if it is gonna help keep me from going back to using the opiates everyday

Interesting read OP, thanks.

Base speed is blatantly evil and should be avoided at all costs.

**Shudders at bad memories**

well thats good then i guess i should pursue it especially if it is gonna help keep me from going back to using the opiates everyday

It's not Necessarily going to work for you just because it worked for somone else. Everyones body chemistry is different. However it's worth a shot if you have bad add/adhd.

Posts like these are why I love Bluelight.

Yeah where do these people come from haha. They have like there 1 second of fame, state a really funny opinion, then never post again8)

I would say for the majority of people, something like d-amp could help that person from turning back to opiates.

Some other people may find d-amp in itself addictive, others might use the d-amp and its addictive nature as a diving board to catapult themselves back into an opiate addiction, and if this is the case for you, make sure you can cut yourself off before you make a very large splash.

D-amp can cause anxiety, and if anxiety is a trigger for having cravings, in this sense it may not "help" you stay away from opiates. However for me and other people - I personally find d-amp to be anxiolytic in nature.

It's not Necessarily going to work for you just because it worked for somone else. Everyones body chemistry is different. However it's worth a shot if you have bad add/adhd.

Exactly. Doing a trial of the medication is going to be better than just jumping into a full month's worth, only to find out it isn't working out well for you.

There are a lot of different reasons why people get into using opiates in the first place, and it's useful to know what's likely to cause a relapse and what is not, before you get there and the temptation begins.

Idk, I use pharmaceutical grade dextroamphetmenmine evey now amd then, and it always feels great... until later at night when you feel like you want to get off the ride, but even then, benzos, seep aids, and oxy really take the edge off. I rarely do dex more than twice a week, so I think the space I give it makes things less worse.

wow "THE DRUG YOU LEARN TO HATE..."

aint that the fuckin truth. ive been clean from meth for 3 weeks. i keep using, going on long runs with it, then get completely disgusted with myself and the drug, and decide to get clean again. its always the same cycle i just cant stop. but i have to. and i know its possible to get clean and stay clean...its just not easy. i cant handle the psychosis anymore and how crazy it gets when i use...things get very dark, very fast with this drug for me.

Pretty interesting, though I think this could have been more useful if it were limited to 3-4 steps.

Something like:

Stage 1) All positive, minimally negative -- euphoria, increased drive, warmth, etc.
Stage 2) Some positive remains, such as increased motivation and focus, but negatives like weight loss etc. become more prominent
Stage 3) Drug needed to remain "normal"
Stage 4) Drug continues to deteriorate mental/physical functioning, i.e. user is now below baseline with drug

Just a thought

Trouble with learning to hate amphetamines (and all stims really) is how quickly the hate is forgotten in between 'runs'. You can have mostly crappy experiences, and still be like totally stoked to be buying more. It's a weird aspect of stimulants, kind of inexplicable really.

Trouble with learning to hate amphetamines (and all stims really) is how quickly the hate is forgotten in between 'runs'. You can have mostly crappy experiences, and still be like totally stoked to be buying more. It's a weird aspect of stimulants, kind of inexplicable really.

Yeah it is and for the first hour or so you are like dam why did i quit this and then it hits you how much you hate it

this explains my weekendly pre-ban mephedrone binges precisely. the come down was horrific. thankyou

There's somthing interesting I got from this thread. The part where your brain doesn't learn it's lesson from the negative effects from amphetamines. I've told my self this and try to keep amphetamine use down to as needed. And so far it's worked. So my brain couldn't learn, I learned. LOL

Now it's funny because I thought I got burned out taking dexedrine everyday for awhile. But a line would put me in a ecstacy world, like the first time all over. So it really comes down to moderation and not relying on the stuff as a crutch.

It makes me think that you can push the limits a little and still recover without permanent damage and get high again.

It makes me think that you can push the limits a little and still recover without permanent damage and get high again.
Oh, you can prob'ly push them a *lot* and still recover/get high again. In the short run, anyway. Long term gets a lot murkier in this regard (think the difference between trying to run a mile in 3 minutes, 10 miles in 30 minutes, and 30 miles in 90 minutes).

Last edited:
good analogy
p.s. this is my 50th post so i really justwanted to post so i could officially become a bluelighter :)

wow! im pretty fucking speechless right now. ive just read the last 22 yrs of my life. its so true its all in stages. the stuttering mentioned in stage 8, right on the money!! i didint always stutter until about maybe 5, 6 yrs ago. its embarrassing sometimes, because if ive been up for about 2,3 days it starts happening. its actually rather comical, but overall its fucking disgusting. thank you for posting this its a great informative read, thats for sure.8o

"been using for 5 years, no tolerance here"

maybe, but i guarantee you the high is nowhere remotely close to what it was like in your first 6 months of using. that's the thing with meth (or whatever), you can still get spun up on a half gram, but that high is a measly imitation of what it once was. at that point, using seems to be driven by the compulsion of addiction more so than by the pleasurable reward, cause the reward shrinks a little bit with each use cumulatively - in my experience anyway.