• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

I fell into the cycle, I started to need amphetamine every day and just did not sleep, I felt rubbish and the amphetamine made me get to work everyday this lasted for 6 months, I then took 6 months off before allowing my self to have amphetamine a few times a month.
If you take it everyday you will start to have problems!

I was in the cycle as well, but honestly getting proper sleep and proper nutrition is far more important to your brain and perception...

well im f*****, I originally started taking adderall in 20 mg and 30 mg IR's back in september. my productiveness at work and school skyrocketed and is still up there. only problem is that i know i have a problem and have tried to quit twice before. I have been to the doctor and they said that I have all the symptoms but since my grades were fine, then they didnt want to start me on any meds. unfortunately adderall isnt as readily available as it used to be when i started, i no longer take it responsibly, once a day before school 5 days a week, and now whenever i find some, i usually binge on it for a couple days.

and i know that i just bumped a 6 year old post, so dont include that in your response haha :p

wow, i never knew the exact term for what i went through during my withdrawals a month ago. i dropped coke, vics, oxycontin, methadone, and xanax. (cold turkey is definitely not the way to go with those but anyways....) for a good week, everything seemed like a dream and i know that cant even be compared to your 5 years but i figured i would throw my experience out there

wow, i never knew the exact term for what i went through during my withdrawals a month ago. i dropped coke, vics, oxycontin, methadone, and xanax. (cold turkey is definitely not the way to go with those but anyways....) for a good week, everything seemed like a dream and i know that cant even be compared to your 5 years but i figured i would throw my experience out there

Acually, man, I've been OFF of amphetamines for a little over 5 years. I actually always thought about the concept of everything being fake and me being inside a virtual video game of sorts, and no one was real and nothing was of considerable consequence. Then I got hooked hardcore on dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine at the same time and it became the only thing that made any sense to me at all.

Ever since I quit, this part of my thought process has stuck. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I'm wrong and it's just crazy to think that way, it permeates my every thought, whenever a decision regarding my moral compass comes into play. I still think that I'm crazy, that it's just me being off, but you know what? It's normal to me. I think like this all the time. It takes other people making comments and observations regarding my behavior for me to sit back and think: "maybe I really do think differently than everyone else". And I don't use the term 'crazy' lightly; in fact, I hate using it...but I am just, realistically speaking, probably way more throwed off than 99% of the world's population. I'm very lucky to still have a grasp on "reality".

nice post bro.

stage 2 says that-

"The decrease in empathetic feelings is likely responsible from a depletion of serotonergic vesicles."

Is this the same as amps causing 5HT downregulation? (sorry for the stupidity)

Sometimes I am afraid of the emphysema shit...I have been breathing shallow since I quit over 5 years ago.

I think you can always get stage one on your first high. I used to binge and go to the tool stage but have always been able to get a mdma like high after a few months off, maybe I'm lucky. The worst part of amps is the evil come down. Which benzos solve. Moderation is key.

Acually, man, I've been OFF of amphetamines for a little over 5 years. I actually always thought about the concept of everything being fake and me being inside a virtual video game of sorts, and no one was real and nothing was of considerable consequence. Then I got hooked hardcore on dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine at the same time and it became the only thing that made any sense to me at all.

Ever since I quit, this part of my thought process has stuck. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I'm wrong and it's just crazy to think that way, it permeates my every thought, whenever a decision regarding my moral compass comes into play. I still think that I'm crazy, that it's just me being off, but you know what? It's normal to me. I think like this all the time. It takes other people making comments and observations regarding my behavior for me to sit back and think: "maybe I really do think differently than everyone else". And I don't use the term 'crazy' lightly; in fact, I hate using it...but I am just, realistically speaking, probably way more throwed off than 99% of the world's population. I'm very lucky to still have a grasp on "reality".

yeah i was more of a drug cocktail type till it finally hit me on how bad things were getting. im still in reality but ill experience the whole dreamlike/functionless state every now and then which lasts anywhere from an hour to a couple days

Sounds like any addiction.

Right?!?!?! like to a T.........i just read this and was like wow explained perfectly cause that is exactly what happened to me until i just quit taking it and started sefl medicating with opiates which just made everything worse obviously

I think you can always get stage one on your first high. I used to binge and go to the tool stage but have always been able to get a mdma like high after a few months off, maybe I'm lucky. The worst part of amps is the evil come down. Which benzos solve. Moderation is key.
It better be, as benzos have an even more evil 'comedown' if you get hooked on 'em (and cross that with a stim comedown). I think if someone is doing amps regularly, staying away from benzos and just taking the stim comedowns would be wise, particularly seeing as how it can get tempting to dose benzos in the middle of a high to mitigate tweakiness.

I have never found amphetamine comedowns to be all that bad, unless I used Adderall. D-amp, meth, have never been "bad" for me in terms of coming down.

However, how bad you feel when you come down is greatly dosage dependent. Despite this, I have used equal dosages of d-amp and Adderall, and only Adderall's comedown has sucked that great for me.

i am tellin ya man it will come however you are on some other things too correct??

i am tellin ya man it will come however you are on some other things too correct??

I don't take benzos often at all, I either use one benzo once per week, or I go months without it. It varies.

I take dextroamphetamine for ADHD, and I am on buprenorphine for mild to moderate pain. I have been on it for a while as a means to distance myself from heroin addiction but I have been away from cravings for years now.

I am on a rather low dose of buprenorphine as well. Buprenorphine tends to have a "feel good" effect to it from kappa antagonism, along with its partial mu-agonist effects.

yeah well iam curious to how the sub and amp work together so its probably something i am gonna pursue

^I think the bupe helps negate the effects a little bit also. I dont think come downs are that bad there just fucking annoying.

Both buprenorphine and amphetamine are two drugs which tend to vary in effect, depending on the person.

It could probably be a very different experience for some people, but it works well for me.