Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nucynta/100 mg) - Experienced - Full Review

vin1382

Greenlighter
I posted these on another forum. Will repost here:

8-25-2009

"I have done nucynta now after being off pain meds for a few weeks. Swims pain is now back at full force. My brother confessed that he only took half the pill. No wonder it was not effective...

I has taken 100 mg and can certainly see why its a schedule II. This is a fairly strong drug. Swim would say its stronger than hydrocone, and about 100 mg feels similar to 7.5-10 mg of oxy. works well for the pain, you definatly get loopy, and you do get a pretty decent euphoria. its more sedative than ultram. much stronger than ultram. fairly typical opiate high...but not exactly. hard to describe. you can think a bit more clearly on this than oxy, but not as clearly as you do on ultram. on empty stomach takes about 20-45 minutes to kick in and then you get that warm feeling in your stomach.

I think that other people who are complaining about this drug are ones who are on other opiates already and have a higher tolerace...and since this drug isnt a true opiate, its not cross tolerant and therefore people are experiencing withdrawl from their original opiate and confusing it with the effects of nucynta.

I am also taking paxil CR 50mg and trazodone 75mg per night and have not noted any serotonin like syndrome effects.

Me.

8-26-2009

"This drug only just came out in June/July I believe. I think for a lot of people who have been on pain management for a while, it wouldn't prevent withdrawals of other opiates. however for newer users to pain management, I believes it would be fairly effective as the analgesic quality is about 10mg nucynta = 1 mg oxy. 50-100 is what swim has done in one shot and it works very well for swims pain and also produces euphoria, relaxation, and seems to last about 5-6 hours. Swim can see abuse potential with this drug, but so far I feels no cravings for it and I do have an addictive personality when it comes to opiates(but no other drugs, not even smoking!). Swim has a high pain level with Lyme disease, babesia (malarial like co-infection with Lyme's disease) and chroens disease. I will update this thread as I learns more about being on this drug, potentiation, withdrawals, hangovers, etc

Me.

vin1382 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

PS, I just popped another 50 pill, and the pain is melting, u can feel that opiate like feel in ur stomach, and swim is feeling good. swim likes
"

8-29-2009

"update:

So far I have not had any tolerance build. drug is great for pain and a good feeling drug. not as euphoric as oxy, but you still feel some euphoria, feel very good, and you get the opiate warmth in your legs and body. swim plugged a 50 mg tablet with a percocet 5mg, and both of them potentiate each other significantly. felt like swim took 30 oxy. took 50 mg nucynta last night, and took 15 mg of percocet and swim was fucking DONE!

Highly recommend trying.

Me. "

9-1-2009
"Another update. Snorting burns like hell!! Quite nasty. But it hits you pretty hard and quickly. Not worth it IMO. So far a mix of a small amount of oxy(5-15mg), and about 75-100 mg of nucynta is AWESOME(tolerant depedent of course.

My brother tried 75 mg and was impressed also.

Please add experiences to this thread as you get them. I will add more experiences as I get them.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tapentadol
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
have yet to see this drug around, but from what i've heard from a majority of people who have tried it, it's shit.

also, we do not use "SWIM" here. check out the stickies at the top of the OD section.

Latest update:

Plugging doesnt seem to work as well as other opiates. Snorting hits very fast, but burns like bloody hell. Oral seems best bet.

swim still has no noted tolerance on his second full week of the drug. Still wipes him out at the 100 mg doseage. Pain is completely elimated by me(and Swim has pain on a scale of 7-9 most days. I believe an extended release of this drug will help alot of people that arent already on high doses of opiates. Swim still dont think its cross tolerant personally but haven't seen that officially.

As for abuse. Swim swear, Swim had the best high since IV dilauded a few days ago. 175 mg of nucynta oral, and plugged 25 mg of oxy, and when that kicked in...swim nodded almost out of existence. felt like a rush. Swim just closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth, euphoria, glowing feeling, extreme relaxation, and lasted for about 20 minutes, Swim was stuck to the ground. My mind was wandering and Swim wasnt scared at all. Just great!

Swim has taken as much as 300 mg in a day, and its just too much. This was taken thought out the course of the day. by the last 100 mg taken at night, swim was just nodding and having that dream like state where u come in and out of reality. Swim really like that his tolerance has not gone up, or noticeably thus far.

Swim will now experiment with withdrawal. Swim has about a 30-40 mg a day oxy habit since beeing clean for 1-1/2 weeks ago, and been on nucynta 2 full weeks. Swim is going to drop the oxy first and be clean for at least 8-9 days... and take my nucynta as prescribed for pain 3 times a day. Once oxy is over, swim will cold turkey nucynta for at least 2-3 days and see how intense withdrawal are and if its any different from traditional opiates. Hopefully swims diseases don't act up or else it will be difficult to tell diseaes versus withdrawal.

Any questions or creative ways to use drug(swim aint slamming), and swim shall try and report back.

sorry about the swim guys. just habit. I am part of many forums and they all have a milion different rules and its hard to remember which is which. And thanks for the relocation

Last edited:
have yet to see this drug around, but from what i've heard from a majority of people who have tried it, it's shit.

also, we do not use "SWIM" here. check out the stickies at the top of the OD section.

as i said in my threads, i think most of the people who have tried this drug are on other opiates and are probably feeling withdrawal as this drug is not cross tolerant. my brother and another friend has tried this drug and it kicked their asses. and my pharmacist says its been a hit around town.

Ive also read people hating oxy, hating opana, and hating fetanyl. my own personal experience with this drug, and ive tried many opiates... is it is not even in the same league as tramadol, might as well be a different drug. it is strong, and its worth of schedule 2. But if many people dont like it...whoopy! I think its a gold mine in pain management. The only other drug that has taken away my pain completely was 1mg IV dilauded when i was in excrutiating pain. If this doesnt have serious withdrawal effects, its a home run in my book.

Hoping more people try while they are clean from other opiates.

are you on pain management? because i'm glad to hear that it works so well for you!

but most of the people i've spoken to about it were not in withdrawals and usually cleared out a couple of days on their calendar as they were unsure of it's (if any) effects. then only to be dissapointed when they felt it was just like slightly more potent tramadol (as far as it's opioid effects).

but hey man, if you like it, awesome. more for you, right? :p

Yes i am on pain management for disseminated lyme disease and chrons disease.

Ok. Guess it doesnt work for those people. Sucks for them! I didn't feel much at 50 mg, but once i hit 75 it got goin, and then 100 or over and whacked out of my skul. I like the fact its not a true opiate and therefore will not supress my immune systeam/adrenal glands like true opiates as that will allow me to better fight my illness. Also lack of tolerance thus far. My biggest fear for this drug now will that it will have a protracted withdrawal similar to tramadol and other antidepressants. However it mostly effects norepiniphrine and dopamine, not seratonin, so maybe it will not be as bad a withdrawal as tramadol, ssris, snri's. Ill have been on it for 3 weeks when i withdrawal, which should be enough to see some withdrawal effects at least.

My last doseage tomorrow will be nucynta 150 mg, and 25 mg percoset in the AM, and then going clean as my pain has subsided for the past 3 days and im confident im in a break period now.

Any questions let me know.

Vin

PS. did a scan of the drug reviews around the net, and its all over the place, some love it, some hate it. Wonder if the people who like it are generally the ones who respond more to antidepressants? or are on antidepressants already?

Last edited:
Ok. Withdrawal report:

Ive been off and on Nuncynta now for about a month. Ive been on it pretty steady since I came off of oxy a few weeks ago which was pretty horrible in itself. Now, ive take up to 6 pills of nucynta for a span of say 5-7 days from what i can remember(nucynta definately is a forgetful drug). Friday was my last day, i took 1 1/2 pills in the morning(630 am) as I had been seeing if tapering makes a differences(it doesnt unless u spread ur doses out throughout the day).

Summary---- its pretty nasty, comparable to oxy.

around 12 PM -- extreme nausea and hot flashes. appetite is completely gone. Mind is starting to become very foggy.

2 PM- symptoms above increase, burning, nauseated, tingling/painful legs, feeling very uncomfortable.

4 PM - Symptoms continue to increase. Legs are very painful and starting to get that creepy crawly feeling in my legs and even my hands.

8 PM. VERY VERY uncomfortable. Mind is racy, heart is pounding, vomitting begins, diareha begins. Vommiting was not severe though. Nausea is quite bad however. Body is burning. Feeling very very fatigued. Legs are very restless and very painful and creepy crawly feeling is pronounced very well. eyes are very dialated. hard to look at light.

10 PM. Almost intolerable. Take 50 mg of ultram to see if that works for withdrawals as these are similar drugs.

1030 PM. HUGE help. symptoms have been taken down a few notches but still feeling pretty rough. Ultram seemed to give me heart palpitations alot worse however. Never gave me that before. Mind is very racy.

12 PM. Take trazodone and able to sleep. not a good sleep. alot of nightmares. alot of waking up and tossing and turning.

Saturday

9 am - feel flu like. extreme fatigue. take 50 mg ultram. symptoms improve alot. alot more at ease in my mind. Burning feeling, legs/feet very cold. no appetite.

12 pm. very tired. have not moved from couch. had pb&j. little less nausea. diareha worse.

4 pm. make myself get out of the house to walk dog around the farm. start to feel a bit better. go to park next door to shoot hoops for 20 mins.

9 pm. withdrawal is back. feet hurt/knees/wrists/fingers hurt and ache. feeling flu like again. very uncomfortable. very bad headache.

1 pm. very fatigued, take trazodone for sleep. hope tomorrow is better.

Sunday

830 AM. very flu like. cant sleep. restless sleep. nightmares. burning all night and joint pain.

9 am. take ultram. today helps nothing. very fatigued and sick feeling.

now - 1130. burning, flu like, legs,feet have burning/freezing sensation/crawly, joint pain, no appetite, no energy. movie day today.

notes through ordeal:
-So far no real fevers as I've checked every few hours. need to make sure this isn't really the flu.
-anxiety has been elevated but not to the point of panic.
-no bad depression thus far. oxy depression/hopeless feeling is probably the worst depression ive ever felt.
-alot more nauseated throughout time period than oxy.

thats it for now. i feel brutal. ill update either later today or tomorrw. i have a client presentation tomorrow so hopefully this day 3 is the worst. afraid though that the antidepressant effect of the drug will linger the withdrawal longer.

Vin

Last edited:
Thanks for the review.

I am set to pick mine up today to try it out.

Currently on percocet 10mg 4 x a day. which is better than nothing but I havent had any significant pain relief in almost 5 years.

So while I am not entheusiastic , given the nature of my condition anything can happen, so hopefully nucynta will help the pain.

very experienced opiate user. Oxy, MS contin, Fent, IR of Oxy and Morph. Daludid, all been plugged, IV, snorted.

Just shot 50mg of Nucynta, burns a bit going in, then a weird feeling, then a considerable nod.

Does anyone know why the chemical makup would make it burn. I've tried to put a pinch of baking soda in my mix before I bang, solution foamed under heat (indicating a drop in ph possibly?) Rinse gave much more pronounced kick after the addition of a bit more baking soda.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I think you are going to seize up if the pharmacology of Tramadol is an accurate predictor for the effects of this drug. Very stupid idea to bang this untested and potentially dangerous opiate. It probably burns because you just injected pills mixed with baking soda!

Actually adding sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to an acidic solution is very common to bring its pH down.
Also, my junkie friend did a few this way before me and had all of his limbs, so I wasn't the first 8o

Just by reading you would assume Nucynta's effects are similar to Tramadol's because of the chemical make-up. But its really not except for the increase in energy/talkativeness that some get from Tramadol. Nucynta is definitely in a league of its own when it comes to effects. After being on Tramadol, Propoxyphene, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone for pain management now taking Nucynta. It doesn't build as much of a tolerance compared to hydro or oxy at least not for me and deals with the pain quite effectively at 75mg dose.

Just got a few of these today...time to test them out. ill let you know what i find. btw im an experienced opiate user currently holding a very high tolerance due to fent and morph...more to come!

ok just chewed 2 and snorted one...wow! what a burn! wont be doing that again! Ill update in a bit!

Last edited:
personaly im not a fan. Not ur typical opiate buzz not unlike tramadol. Was not something id do again unless i was really hard up.

ahh wd's

i take around 360mg oxycodone + 160mg oxymorphone ER daily. My dr. switched my roxicodone (90mg x 6 hours) to Nucynta (100mg x 6 hours). 100mg Nucynta is comparable to 10mg oxycodone. Maximum dose for Nucynta in one day is 700mg (coming from official website's prescribing information). One days worth of Nucynta cannot cover one of my doses of oxycodone. Why in gods name would my dr. ever prescribe me this. I've taken it now (300mg at once) and feel absolutely no effect, or pain relief whatsoever. 12 Hours since my last oxycodone dose, withdrawals like none other. . . .yet my dr. assures me he would never let withdrawal happen to me and that Nucynta is a new drug that is exactly like oxycodone. I knew from the moment he wrote the prescription it was something like tramadol, and that i was in big trouble. He left the country for the weekend and I have no way of telling him what he just did to me!

f*ck me, and f*ck you un-scintillating "New-CYNTA"

i take around 360mg oxycodone + 160mg oxymorphone ER daily. My dr. switched my roxicodone (90mg x 6 hours) to Nucynta (100mg x 6 hours). 100mg Nucynta is comparable to 10mg oxycodone. Maximum dose for Nucynta in one day is 700mg (coming from official website's prescribing information). One days worth of Nucynta cannot cover one of my doses of oxycodone. Why in gods name would my dr. ever prescribe me this. I've taken it now (300mg at once) and feel absolutely no effect, or pain relief whatsoever. 12 Hours since my last oxycodone dose, withdrawals like none other. . . .yet my dr. assures me he would never let withdrawal happen to me and that Nucynta is a new drug that is exactly like oxycodone. I knew from the moment he wrote the prescription it was something like tramadol, and that i was in big trouble. He left the country for the weekend and I have no way of telling him what he just did to me!

f*ck me, and f*ck you un-scintillating "New-CYNTA"

maybe it was deliberate to get you on a lower dose as he might be paranoid about being watched... feds in america target doctors all the time:)

doctors are often indifferent to suffering from what i can see

maybe it was deliberate to get you on a lower dose as he might be paranoid about being watched... feds in america target doctors all the time:)

doctors are often indifferent to suffering from what i can see

i have crohn's and im in a horrible flare up right now, and my doc knows this, and i see im once a week. he always assures me i'll never have to experience withdrawal symptoms, and we have a close relationship and plan to get off the opiates once my surgery is done( in one month - a total colectamy, or removal of the colon) he basically just read the packet from the drug reps and was told it is an alternative to oxycodone. ofcourse they'll tell you that. this stuff is garbage unless you have no tolerance, in that situation its a godsend because you will not have to go on to true opiate medication. Opiates are also a godsend but for the people who abuse the medication are absolutely making the lives of people who need this stuff a living HELL. its a nightmare trying to get pain meds when i'm in the hospital when my flare up is AT ITS WORST. i only have my meds at home when it's not bad enough to the point yet where i need to go to the hospital for a round of IV steroids. because of addicts and abusers, we with tolerance and true medical problems and must take them over years time HAVE BEEN SCREWED and can never get our pain controlled.

basically i asked to be switched from ms contin to opana er, and my doc like i said is very close with me, so he does this for me and then asks me to try Nucynta because he hears its a great new drug, and i agree. He says to come to the office or call in if it is not working for me. Obviously it doesnt work but he i guess forgot he would be out of the country for the weekend and so now i can't do anything but lay back and enjoy my withdrawal.

ill gladly give the feds back their narcotics if it's such a big deal that i use them (if you use them chronically, your tolerance goes up, the more pain the more meds). I'll give them the narcotics back ONLY if i can trade my disease to them. They can have all the pain, suffering, and medical bills, and prescriptions for not only the narcotics but the 12 other immune system suppressants, chemo, and other insane chemicals used for crohn's disease.

thanks for listening

Wow I'm really sorry you are going to have a total colectomy......is he going to reconnect the small intestine to the rectum or are you going to have to use bags?