Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Cannabis - Worst Pot Trip Of My Life - Bad Trip

jfromcali32

Greenlighter
this happened when i was a teenager back in 1993. i still remember it like t was yesterday. i was 15 years old and had only smoked pot a few times before. i had just moved to my dad's house and his girlfriend was a total pothead. so the first day i move there i ask his girlfirend if i could smoke some pot. she says yeah. so in the morning we smoke a joint. it doesnt do much to me. then a few hours later we go down to the beach and score some weed. we smoke it right there on the beach, hidden of course. again it doesn't do much to me. then around 7pm a guy comes around our pad with some pot. this was my 3rd time smoking that day and i was a newby. so this last joint i say screw it and went balls out. took like 10 long hits of it. then i had the munchies bad. my moms girlfriend makes us quessadillas to eat. and everything is funny as hell, i laughing at everything. then the pot guy leaves and its just me and her in the living room. my dad is asleep in the back. well around 8pm i go lay down and start to fall asleep in front of the tv. i nod off and suddenly i'm in a time warp going a million miles per hour through the galaxy (ever see that movie STARGATE). then i get up and something is definitaely wrong. its like i wasn't there. time has slowed down to a crawl, a minute seemed like 2 life times. getting deja vu like a mtherfcker. everything happening 1,000 times over and over and over. i began freaking. i go into the bathroom and suddenly its like i'm being flushed down the toilet. then i realize that i don't exist. life as we know it isn't. i'm and eveything is "nothing". then i'm in another universe 1,000,000,000,000 miles a way from earth. my mind and body ain't one. they have split up. my moms girlfriend tries calming me down to no avail, i yell to her to call 911. i have visions of me in straightjacket in a psych ward at the hospital. she decides not to call 911, instead gives me cold medicine to make me drowsy. she goes and wakes my dad in the back room. i lay down on the couch and my dad comes out and tries to calm me. and as he is, he begins turning into a horned devil about to engulf me in his evil. then everything goes black black black. all together this "bad trip" lasted about 30 minutes. i wake up 2 hours later and am a bit better and i'm off to sleep again. then i wake up the next day fine trying not to think about the previous night to hell.

substancecode_marijuana
explevel_inexperienced
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
exptype_disaster

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you had more than weed. maybe she slipped you some lsd. or maybe it was a dream.

yea it can, but not full on lsd trips for 30 mins! you might see a shadow or sumthin. idk hard to believe.

Sounds like a crazy experience.
Did you ever smoke weed again?

It most definitely does NOT sound like there is any reason to believe that your pot was necessarily laced to me.
People's reactions to marijuana vary tremendously, and beginners (or anyone) who smoke too much can often have extremely intense experiences, like what you describe here.
As it says on Erowid reports that claim to be reports of "laced" weed:

"Some authors report suspicions that their cannabis has been 'laced' (adulterated). While this is possible, readers should be aware that idiosyncratic response to the effects of cannabis (usually higher doses) can lead some users to presume their cannabis has been 'laced'. "

For more crazy first-time experiences, see
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=14584
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=15999
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=19046
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=18895

Wow, that is pretty crazy. I'm glad you are okay and didn't end up calling 911. I've always wanted more profound and intense effects from sativa strains--well all strains in general, but that sounds a bit too intense. Just curious, do you still smoke at all?

I've has some pretty mind blowing experiences just from smoking weed. Eventually they became more and more paranoid and scary over the years so I quit. It's just doesn't give me enjoyment anymore. As much as pot is not physically harmful and can relax most people and make them feel good, it can also give some people a bad reaction and scare the shit out of you. In that regard, it's much like alcohol, just not as toxic. Some people can drink and feel wonderful. Others get sick and suffer bad hangovers.

cannabis has an altogether different effect on me at times than it used to when i was much younger. at times it can take me so very deep. it's because of this that i find it a very powerful and very valuable tool for meditative purposes and for introspection. hardly a social or recreational substance for me much anymore (unless i am very aware of how much i am letting myself smoke)

this happened when i was a teenager back in 1993. i still remember it like t was yesterday. i was 15 years old and had only smoked pot a few times before. i had just moved to my dad's house and his girlfriend was a total pothead. so the first day i move there i ask his girlfirend if i could smoke some pot. she says yeah. so in the morning we smoke a joint. it doesnt do much to me. then a few hours later we go down to the beach and score some weed. we smoke it right there on the beach, hidden of course. again it doesn't do much to me. then around 7pm a guy comes around our pad with some pot. this was my 3rd time smoking that day and i was a newby. so this last joint i say screw it and went balls out. took like 10 long hits of it. then i had the munchies bad. my moms girlfriend makes us quessadillas to eat. and everything is funny as hell, i laughing at everything. then the pot guy leaves and its just me and her in the living room. my dad is asleep in the back. well around 8pm i go lay down and start to fall asleep in front of the tv. i nod off and suddenly i'm in a time warp going a million miles per hour through the galaxy (ever see that movie STARGATE). then i get up and something is definitaely wrong. its like i wasn't there. time has slowed down to a crawl, a minute seemed like 2 life times. getting deja vu like a mtherfcker. everything happening 1,000 times over and over and over. i began freaking. i go into the bathroom and suddenly its like i'm being flushed down the toilet. then i realize that i don't exist. life as we know it isn't. i'm and eveything is "nothing". then i'm in another universe 1,000,000,000,000 miles a way from earth. my mind and body ain't one. they have split up. my moms girlfriend tries calming me down to no avail, i yell to her to call 911. i have visions of me in straightjacket in a psych ward at the hospital. she decides not to call 911, instead gives me cold medicine to make me drowsy. she goes and wakes my dad in the back room. i lay down on the couch and my dad comes out and tries to calm me. and as he is, he begins turning into a horned devil about to engulf me in his evil. then everything goes black black black. all together this "bad trip" lasted about 30 minutes. i wake up 2 hours later and am a bit better and i'm off to sleep again. then i wake up the next day fine trying not to think about the previous night to hell.

hate to make light of your bad time but sign me up for some of that stuff. hope all is better now

Pot scares the fuck out of me. I don't visually trip out, but extreme paranoia and anxiety. Its absolutely horrible. First time I smoked a couple of cones, my body went entirely numb, I couldn't feel myself breathing, or my heart beating. I thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction. I was telling my friends to call an ambulance because I was dying.

Quite embarassing when i think about it now, but at the time I was certain I was dead.

I regularly use MDMA/MDEA, DMT, LSD, and Psilocybin...heck I'm even able to smoke synthetic cannibanoids like JWH-018. Its laughable how comfortable I am breaking through on DMT. But for whatever reason, THC tears me apart. It really bugs me when people advocate how safe it is - for 90% of the population I'm sure it is...not for me.

when i was a kid some older guy smoked me on a spliff and i got so high i was seeing shit and everything was starting to flash, i got so dizzy i puked! while i was puking the fucker told me it was laced with rat poision and started to laugh....i started feeling normal again after puking but i was so pissed off i tackled the guy and rolled him into my puke lol

is it ur mom's girlfriend? im confused.. why was ur dad there?

lol sounds crazy.

one time when I first started smoking I took a fat chronic rip out of my friends infamous "16" bong. I walked home and was seeing/hearing some cool stuff (but at the time I was scared shitless). The only way I can describe it is I heard this guy with a deep ass voice singing "Bum bum bum bum". And when I closed my eyes I saw a rubber cartoon version of myself flopping around and dancing to it LOL