• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Cannabis - Worst Pot Trip Of My Life - Bad Trip

nono, guys. this can definitely happen. i've heard stories like this from numerous people before. unfortunately, that's not how pot ever affected me!

@Asante
Sounds like good times, eh?

Man, that blows! I've had "bad trips" on everything from acid to 2-FMA to 4-HO-MET, but nothing came close to my worst pot trips. You truly feel like you're dying, which also happens with some psychedelics...but the anxiety is never as bad as pot for me. With bad psych trips it's more like "Oh, so this is what dying feels like. Bummer." Too much weed is a one-way ticket to Hell.

Super scary experience! Glad you're okay and well though. Unfortunately, bad trips stick with ya in your memory :(

The only bad trips I ever had were from weed.

The worst was the first time I got properly stoned. I had tried it once before and this guy had absolutely beautiful nuggets, some of the best weed I have ever seen, and I took two rips off a large bong, completely clearing it both times. All of a sudden I couldn't take it. Time stopped. I still remember my walk down the dorm hallway back to my room, it felt like a multi hour ordeal, and my vision was in strobe mode, and I felt like I was watching a movie from inside my head. If I had known What to expect, it would have been awesome, but I was ill prepared. Everything was off. My buddy, who I really barely knew at that point was a nice guy and walked with me, and chilled watching aqua teen while I wondered if I was gonna die on my bed. ATHF has always had strange sinister overtones since then.

That happened to me yesterday! Since I'm a newbie at cannabis yesterday I took like 15 long hits cuz I wanted to get really high but let me tell u it was the worst feeling in my life. At first I felt normal high but after like 5 minutes it hit me. I felt so bad my head felt nauseous. I had the munches right away so as I was pouring myself a bowl if chips I was like nope I can't do this. I went straight to my room and threw myself in the bed and tried to sleep but after a few minutes I got up to get that bowl of chips. Once I got to the kitchen I felt paranoid as fuck everything seemed to scare me I felt so much anxiety I couldn't even stand right my whole body was shaking and I remember trying to eat a cheeto and for some reason I got scared to a new extreme level. I went straight to bed and lay there like if I were dead for like 3 hours when I got up it wasn't as bad but at least I could have tolerated it. Anyways I'm not so sure If I should do it again because it felt like a living hell I wasn't even aware of time...

I've got strong hallucinations on weed as well on a few occasions, most times it was a bad trip, I had audio hallucinations (hearing other languages in my mother tongue), open-eyed visuals (morphing faces, stop-motion exactly like what is described on DXM, massive trails, etc.), very detailed 3D closed-eye visuals, time dilation... everytime it was on a very strong dose or in particular circumstances, like extreme physical fatigue.

That was not just weed, there was probably some PCP in that joint. Not LSD, that wouldn't work to put it in a joint and the effects you describe also sound more like an extreme dissassociation than psychedelia.

It's incredibly uncommon for PCP to be laced into weed, unless it's on purpose with people who are aware of it, because PCP costs extra money so there's no incentive for someone to do it and sell it to people unknowingly. That's an urban legend for the most part, though of course it has happened. But it usually happens when someone gets some on purpose and then shares it without telling their friends/smoking partners (because some people suck like that). MANY people report these types of experiences from strong doses of marijuana, I have had incredibly powerful and at times frightening experiences on weed, although my reaction was always "wow, I can't believe this is possible, I want to do it again!"

I used to have visual and audio hallucinations every time I smoked. I would feel like I was falling through space at a million miles per hour and like I was buzzing with a violent energy. My vision would strobe and frame and I would see an empty void behind the corners of my vision. The visual hallucinations would include colored orbs, purple and other colored lines cross-crossing, and extreme visual snow. The audio hallucinations would include peoples' voices (sounding like they were coming from the other room or across the house or something, I could sometimes make out what they were saying and sometimes not). I'd have extremely weird and intense thoughts. I loved all of this though, I thought it was so interesting even though it was sometimes a little hard to take.

The only time I really had bad experiences on weed was during a period of time a few months into heavily smoking, my first marijuana winter... for about a month I would always uncontrollably imagine being impaled or dismembered, and it was so vivid I would feel the sensations, without the pain. It would make me really uncomfortable and freaked out because I'd be sitting there in the car with my friends and then sudden;y imagine, say, a long, paper-thin spike coming through the window and spearing me through the eyeball, and slowly working its way through the back of my head, and I'd feel that terrible sensation. After a month that stopped and it's never happened again.

These days I never hallucinate from weed and I smoke it pretty regularly, that was really just the first year or so. Lately I haven't had any of my own but I smoke it probably 3 times a week on average.

Wow, that is pretty crazy. I'm glad you are okay and didn't end up calling 911. I've always wanted more profound and intense effects from sativa strains--well all strains in general, but that sounds a bit too intense. Just curious, do you still smoke at all?

I agree, I think he smoked a high Sativa strain, and being he had not smoked much in his life prior, that could have done it! Sometimes people underestimate Sativa strains, the good ones can make your heart race and then that leads to the person kinda freaking out thinking that it is laced with something. Personally, I love Sativa strains! I am not an Indica strain fan, unless of course that is the only type strain available at the time.

As for the seeing the dead girl, I saw dead people while sober one time, when I was a teenager before I ever did drugs or smoked bud or anything. Shit was crazy man, a rotting, bloody corpse in my bed at random made for an interesting night. Maybe, I'm just kind of crazy :? I dunno, but whatever, it wasn't that bad or anything. Made me think I had some kind of weird powers for a while though so that was pretty cool. But yeah, getting high can be some crazy shit, trust me, I know, I've been blazing for years and literally spent an entire year stoned, never seeing sobriety for even a second =D Also, I'm not making it up and I am actually a "sane" person who has seen into the world of the dead and the realms of hell while sober

Im 18 and when I was 17 I tried weed and didn't really have much experience when I met this girl and after one time meeting her she Invited me to her house. I went to her house and she pulls out a bong she told me she bought day tripper medi strain I hit it 4 times and it was my first time with a bong but It took about 15-20 minutes until it hit but I felt like I was melting and my throat was closing in so I had to get water I asked her foursome water and she brought me it. I drank some and a little after the melting turned into still framed black and white ghost trails vision mode and I started to Hallucinate really bad my eyes were super heavy and my face had a permanent frowning feeling to it. I watched myself melt into a puddle and the feeling I had with my face scared me I tried to sleep as soon as I closed my eyes my thoughts started to race I though she was going to kill me or rob me or something then I vividly visualized a cement saw ripping my stomach open I instantly sat up on the couch face still in a frown but now I'm freaking out panicking. I put my elbow on my knee and my fist to my head and bounced my knee because I was nervous but then I had insane trip from it as if I have seen it before and I'm stuck doing it I can't control it I see it happen over and over again but
I can't stop myself I though I was going insane I had no control over my body or thoughts this went on and on and I got so scared I though I was going to commit suicide even though I knew I wouldn't it scared me I wanted it to stop I couldn't stop it I texted my friend to come save me I texted him over 100 times in 5 minutes I though it was hours between each text I asked if he was there my face still super heavy I could barely keep my eyes open. The girl had set up her Xbox and I hadnt even noticed finally my friend got there her door was dead bolted with a key from the Inside but she opened it for my friend and I made it to his cares drove to his house I threw up and passed out in his bed for two hours and woke up still feeling mild effects which lasted for 13 hours. I had a flashback to it and though I was still stuck in the time and had seen that moment that I had the flashback when I was at her house. I don't know if she drugged me or whAt a lot of people have told me it was acid.

LONG STORY BUT PLEASE HEAR ME OUT I too have had my share of bad experiences with Cannabis, except in the form of dabs. I'm 17 (am I underage here?) and I've been a semi-frequent dabber for about a year, and have had just one bad experience resulting in my vomiting. But the rest until recent have been enjoyable. It was a Saturday, and I took a a quarter gram of oil at a friend's house. Things were going alright at first, but then I felt the need to move my bowels. When I close the bathroom door, I get a look at myself in the mirror. Bad Mistake. I start thinking. Horrible Thoughts. You know the feeling of 'ascending' when you get high? Take that feeling, and have it suddenly stop, and this feeling of... Bad-ness or SOMETHING taking over me, breaking down my high. I thought I was dying. It was indescribable. I don't remember exactly, but I tried to calm myself down, and try to do things one step at a time. Things got worse. I suddenly felt cold, mechanical, like I was ACTUALLY a robot. I started panicking, unsure of what the fuck was happening and how the fuck do I human. I didn't end up relieving myself, and I stumble out of the bathroom, and eventually make it to the back patio where my friends were. They asked how I was, which I said I was fine. I don't exactly remember what happened next, though we were heading out to a different friend's house (we are quite mobile), so we walked (I kept stumbling) and I to the best of my ability opened the passenger door , I must have hit my head against the car we were going out of, because I fell on the pavement as a wave of horror swept over me. I don't want to think about it. I start screaming, calling out to every deity I knew, begging for relief of this nightmare.One of my friends was on top of me, trying to calm me down. I had absolutely no idea of what was happening in my mind. I started shrieking to a force only I could feel. "NO! NO! NO! THIS FEELS SERIOUS GUYS! I'M FUCKING DYING! JESUS! NO!NO!NO!NOOOOO!' and so forth. My shrieking turned to whining as I felt ever closer to death, whimpering 'no,no,no, please' This continued on as my friend and other peers circled around me, with them probably scared shitless, my friend covering my mouth, whispering how it is impossible for me to die, though I felt as if he was finishing me off. I went back and forth (I think, I don't exactly remember.) between the two cycles, which went on for, I guess, half an hour. It felt like countless lifetimes. Another friend called my mother, and she would rescue me there.We eventually managed to get into the car, where I continued to have close-eyed visuals beyond my comprehension. I had to stop and vomit nothing but water. We got to my other friend's house, where I tried to rest a bit, I then went home, slept and, I felt a bit better the next day. I talked to my friend and he explained what happened. This was 4 weeks ago. I took a dab Sunday, and it was tiny (or smaller), I feel the same way, but a bit different I've been having phases of really weird body highs and then completely losing it, and losing sense of... I don't even know I've been feeling like this all throughout school yesterday. I sometimes can't feel my fingers, hands, and arms. I have no idea what the hell is happening and I am really concerned. I haven't been able to sleep last night , I feel the sleep coming on, then suddenly I feel like I was falling, and I'm wide awake. If anybody can help me, please, I'm begging for relief. PM me, anything.

Yeah stop smoking weed, at least for the near future. Maybe at a future point in your life you could give it a try again, but it may just not be for you.

I will say that I had a period of time a few months into when I started smoking where I would have very unpleasant highs... almost every time I smoked I would obsessively, uncontrollably think about ways to be maimed, dismembered, or killed. It was extremely uncomfortable, because I would imagine it and then feel the sensations vividly of it happening, minus the actual pain. Like for example I'd be riding in a car and imagine that a long, razor-thin spike came through the window at eye-level and stabbed through my eye into my brain at high speed. I would feel the gross, disturbing sensations and my friends would see me just clenching my fists until my knuckles were white. Then a minute later I might imagine that I fell ass-first onto a spike and impaled myself. It was really unpleasant, but I never actually freaked out like you did, and after a month perhaps that went away and it's never happened again. I was also 17 at the time, for the record. It concerns me that you reacted in such an extreme way, and my recommendation is to refrain from ingesting cannabis (dabs or otherwise).

This same shit happened to me bro. Minus the devil face, our stories are almost identical. I was just falling through what i thought was hell and my life was a joke. The thing is, its been almost a month and im still freaking out and getting flashbacks. Im still not sure life is real. I don't know what to do. Will this ever go away? I keep telling people but no one seems to understand. They just look at me like im some crazy pot head but im not. It was only like the 4th time ive ever smoked. Its really driven me crazy and i need help.

Bro I smoked about 3 years ago and had a horrible trip..... And it feels like I never came off the trip. Everything feels like im still high and I'm always freaked out about being around weed again. I get panivk attacks all the time and take anxiety meds it sucks and I don't know what to do either bro

Badtrip, I had nearly the same experience as you did. Twice. I just moved back to oregon from the midwest, where pot is frowned upon. I rarely smoked back there and got into cannabis when it became legalized in OR. I have a friend who is a supplier of medical and recreational Marijuana for dispenseries throughout oregon. He brought me a free sample of this mango flavored tonic drink for medical use. I wanted to try it at home. I took a few sips and felt nothing. So before I knew it half the bottle was gone. I never felt anything so I tried to force the effects on myself by staring intently at my bed sheets. Which have a pretty intense pattern. This definitely set it off, much to my surprise. I turned on some dubstep and eventually my heart was beating faster and faster and everything was spinning. I've never felt this faded before and eventually started to panic. I had an anxiety attack. I thought about death. And that it'd be much better if I were dead then to live through this paranoia. I switched my music from dub to chill electro. The music was softer and calming. But, once the lyrics started I over analyzed everything in them. I thought about my family back home. My boyfriend who was coming to see me in a month finding out I had died from an overdose. I had no idea that I'd feel this way. I felt like vomiting. So I crawled off my bed and to the garbage can. I hovered over it for what seemed like an eternity. But, I couldn't bring myself to commit. Even though I thought it'd make me feel better. I have a real phobia of vomiting. I crawled back into bed and laid there until I eventually fell asleep. The next morning I still felt very high but without the trip. I let my friend at work try it. He said he felt like he was on drugs. I read up on acid trips and felt like that's what I had experienced.

The next trip was even worse. I was with a couple of friends at their place. They had a dab bong. I've never tried a dab from a bong so I thought I'd give it a go. My friends both said "Daaaamn that was a huge hit" and at that exact moment I felt it hit me like brick. I instantly felt sick and felt my heart pounding like the last time. But this was different. I could hear my friends freaking out in the other room as a lay over the toilet trying so hard to vomit. Again, I never could. They had never seen someone trip so hard off a dab. They all smoked for several years and had a very high tolerance. I on the other had had very little. They turned on a show about tornadoes. It was very very intense. I related my trips to that of a tornado. I felt like the first round of my trip was the entail hit of the tornado. When it first hits you, you panic. Then suddenly it's calm. Like you're in the eye of the twister. You feel as if it is over. Then you are hit again. This time much harder and much more terrifying than the first round. I felt paranoia like no other. I saw things that still scare me even now as I write this. I felt for my boyfriend. The friends I was with. My family. I thought for sure that I was going to die this time. My friends had a blanket thrown over the couch that appeared to have a devils face in it. It looked like a skull with blood dripping out of it. It freaked me out so bad that I wouldn't look over there and I eventually had them move the blanket. I felt like I was staring my fate in the eyes. And that I was indeed going to hell. We had planned on going to the Sharon Needles concert that night. I wasn't going to let it ruin my night. They put on a hilarious show that cheered me up and made me laugh. We then got into the car. I was fine as long as no one was being negative. They got into it in the car and it intensified everything. I told them to chill cause I was starting to flip. They did. I made sure, before I went into the show that I wasn't shaking as much as I felt I was. I felt I couldn't walk right. My friends said i looked fine so I believed them. Trying to make the best of it. I went to the show and drank water the entire night. I felt great there. Until some girl pushed me put of the way so she could see. But I just removed myself from the situation and didn't let it get to me. After the show I could feel my anxiety try and creep up on me again bit I tried to ignore it. I fell asleep. And the next day and we'll into the next night I felt still very faded. Still felt the anxiety. And still 3 days later I still feel anxiety. I shook uncontrollably while reading the other posts. And I'm straight up beat and sore from all this. I slept for the entire day on Sunday and much of Monday and today. I have sworn off THC for good. I took E at a rave one night and completely blacked out and ended up naked in someone else's bed. I'll just stick to alcohol. I know my limits and when to stop with that substance.

This happened to me last night. I have smoked cannabis every day for the past three years, but I have been trying to cut back lately. I have been tight with funds lately, so I have been smoking some shit outdoor weed that has very low THC content. Well my friend came over with some of the dankest nuggets I have seen in a long time. He rolled up a gram joint and we split it. At first I started to feel my legs tingle and it got steadily more intense. I could feel the situation was uncomfortable so I thought a cigarette might help. WRONG. It made my heart beat so fast that I became convinced I was having a heart attack. I began to feel extremely cold and I began to violently shake. The pounding heart was the most intense I have ever experienced, and it lasted over an hour. I was so paranoid it felt like a really bad mushroom trip. I repeatedly asked to go to the hospital because of the thoughts of my death from a heart attack. Eventually my friend convinced me that it was a panic attack rather than a heart attack, and it eventually settled down. Strangely, I felt overwhelming euphoria after coming down, as if I was very glad to not have died. Needless to say, I am breaking from THC and cigarettes for a while.

I don't know if you'll ever even see this but the EXACT same thing happened to me. At first I thought that I was dying and that I was living out my last few moments on earth until I realized that I was actually already dead and in hell. I kept replaying everything that I've ever done wrong in life and everything that I regretted not doing and hating myself for all of it. It felt like I was in never ending excruciating pain until I'd come back to 'reality' for a split second and get hopeful until I realized it was just a cruel joke and then I'd be spirally downwards again. I was aggressive towards the people around me and probably scared the shit out of them. Two other people were smoking the same weed as me and I'm the only one who had this experience. What really confuses me is that I only had two hits (I've smoked significantly more that that before, on several occasions, and have never had a bad experience). I had been drinking but nothing crazy. I wouldn't even go as far as saying that I was tipsy let alone drunk. Apparently I blacked out a few times and seized in my friends bedroom (the next day I had huge bruises on the side of my leg and when I fell I hit my face on the ground so now my face is swollen and throbbing). My friend asked me if she should call an ambulance and I said yes (apparently I was on the phone when she called as well and the only thing that calmed me down was talking to them), the next thing I clearly remember is being in the hospital coming down off of this. I feel extremely guilty and stupid for freaking my friends out and getting them into trouble because of my dumb ass decisions. This whole experience freaked me out so much and just like you said, I could write a book on this because those few hours felt like days to me. Anyways I guess moral of the story is don't do drugs and if you do, don't get it off some sketchy random. The doctors said that they are almost certain that the weed was laced because of how I acting, they said it either contained something called PCD or maybe PCP because both tend to make people aggressive when their hallucinations scare them). Also, I've been to the ends of the internet and not only is your experience the exact same as mine, it's the only one that is even remotely similar. I most likely won't even get a reply but whatever it was worth a shot I guess.