• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

CP 47,497/55,940 soluble in water?

JJ03

Greenlighter
I have seen multiple threads here discussing synthetic cannaboids and solubility was brought up into discussion. Some people have stated that they dissolved CP 47/55 cannaboids into water and/or alcohol while others say they were not able to do it in either water or alcohol.

The thread kinda reads as follows....

"I dissolved 5mg's of CP 47 into 10ml's water and drank it down, I felt effects in 60 minutes."

"Oh thats wierd, I couldn't even dissolve 1mg of CP 47 into 50ml's of water."

"Try a high proof alcohol instead. I used some 151 and 10mg's seemed to dissolve into a shot glass's worth of 151."

"I tried some 160 proof and 5mg's of CP 47 wouldn't still wouldn't dissolve."

I am unable to find the threads but if someone could answer this for me I'de appreciate it. The people who have posted this stuff never answered each other. They just stated what they could or couldn't do and that was it. I read all the posts in every thread I saw it dicussed in.

I'm failing to see how 3 - 5 people all got different results using CP 47 or CP 55 while trying to dissolve it in either water or alcohol.

Do they contain a nitrogen atom that can form a amine type salt (can't remember structure)? If not, I doubt it'll have much water solubility at all - large organiuc molecules without such things tend to not be water soluble

Do they contain a nitrogen atom?

No they don't. The CP 47 molecule looks particularly nonpolar to me.

240px-CP-47%2C497.svg.png

Makes me wonder though, if the phosphate ester of CP47 would be more water soluble, like the phosphate ester of THC?

I was under the impression that CP 47,497 is not water soluable, but CP 55,940 is.

this is complicated by some of the 55940 around not being 55940 rather unscrupulous vendors selling C8 47497 and C7(true) 47497 as 55940

^^^
vecktor im not sure what you mean when you say "vendors selling C8 47497 and C7(true) 47497 as 55940" are you saying that the circulating CP47497 is actually the 1,1-dimethyloctyl homologue? or something else all together?

i spoke with john huffman a while ago and told him that CP55940 appeared as a grey market research chemical before the AAIs and his response was "impossible" he thought the the synthesis was far too difficult...

No they don't. The CP 47 molecule looks particularly nonpolar to me.

240px-CP-47%2C497.svg.png

Makes me wonder though, if the phosphate ester of CP47 would be more water soluble, like the phosphate ester of THC?

Should be as there are another two hydrogen atoms attached to the phosphate group that can ionize and be replaced by an alkali metal etc to form an ionic salt (the same way the sodim salts of 5,5-disubstituted barbituric acid derivatives are soluble - actually with a phosphate group the comparison with ionic surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulphate might be more appropriate). It might even form micells in solution, making it useful as a cleaning agent! =D

^^^
vecktor im not sure what you mean when you say "vendors selling C8 47497 and C7(true) 47497 as 55940" are you saying that the circulating CP47497 is actually the 1,1-dimethyloctyl homologue? or something else all together?

i spoke with john huffman a while ago and told him that CP55940 appeared as a grey market research chemical before the AAIs and his response was "impossible" he thought the the synthesis was far too difficult...

what I am saying is that certainly CP55940 from one source on analysis was not CP55940, it was too small, and on reflection it was probably the dimethyloctyl analogue of CP47497.

additionally all the chinese source CP compounds were a mixture of isomers.

also the potency of the purported 55940 was way off the genuine material.

It seems once agin the chinese RC manufacturers had pulled a fast one on the gullable westerners, knowing for certain they would get away with it.

It seems once agin the chinese RC manufacturers had pulled a fast one on the gullable westerners, knowing for certain they would get away with it.

Not be the first time; I remember a mate getting what was supposed to be MDPV & in the end it turned out to be alpha, alpha-diphenyl-alpha-(2-pyrrolodino)methanol (the pyrrolidine analogue of pipradrol). Not a happy bunny as it's 1)not what he paid for, 2) a much less active compound. They know they're dealing with people working on the edge of legality in the west, so no risk in taking the piss

what I am saying is that certainly CP55940 from one source on analysis was not CP55940, it was too small, and on reflection it was probably the dimethyloctyl analogue of CP47497.

additionally all the chinese source CP compounds were a mixture of isomers.

also the potency of the purported 55940 was way off the genuine material.

i have experience with one of the first purported batches of CP55490, i dont think it was any of the available JWH-xxx as the duration was much much longer than any AAI i have ever used - it took almost 50 hours to reach baseline after a low oral dose.

why is it bad that the chinese CPxxxxx were racemic? so you are implying that both the CP55940 and the CP47497 were the CP47497 dimethyloctyl homolog? interesting.

i have experience with one of the first purported batches of CP55490, i dont think it was any of the available JWH-xxx as the duration was much much longer than any AAI i have ever used - it took almost 50 hours to reach baseline after a low oral dose.

why is it bad that the chinese CPxxxxx were racemic? so you are implying that both the CP55940 and the CP47497 were the CP47497 dimethyloctyl homolog? interesting.

no
please read what I write and don't put words in my mouth, I am simply saying that the material which may or may not be the same material as whatever it was you ate, that was analysed was not 55940, and it most certainly wasn't a JWH compound as they are really distinctive.

the molecular weight was too low for 55940. however there was no reference for data genuine 47497 or the octyl at the time. what was obvious was that the fragmentation pattern was wrong for dimethylheptyl

The story behind CP-47,497 & its C-8 analog is interesting. Here are the structures of both along with the Wikipedia article on how the C-8 analog was found. It's also interesting that the C-6 & C-9 analogs are weaker but the C-8 analog is several times more more potent than CP-47,497. I'm surprised that the medicinal chemists at Pfizer missed the C-8 compound.

With 2 chiral centers, CP-47,497 compounds would exist as a mixture of diasteriomers, so the active form could be isolated from the racemic mixture via recrystalization, so no need for chiral steps in the synthesis.

CP-47_497.jpg

Link to the Wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_47,497

Last edited:
Do they contain a nitrogen atom that can form a amine type salt (can't remember structure)? If not, I doubt it'll have much water solubility at all - large organiuc molecules without such things tend to not be water soluble

Alprazolam (Xanax) & most other benzos are not soluble in water.

They are somewhat soluble depending on pH. Medically they are dissolved in propylene glycol. I do not recommend anyone trying to use PG to inject benzos. The effects are far more prominent, spectacular sometime (looking at people receiving it) but also a license to end up dead. Not from OD but because outside a medical setting, IV benzo users often harbour insane beliefs such as being invisible so they can shoplift. Thumbs down.

I would also point out that benzo withdrawal is vastly worse then opioid withdrawal. Take it from one who knows.