• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

cola said:
ok...so i'm getting LSD this saturday and it's my first time with acid...and i have a few doubts...
~i'm on daily heroin, a few units a day...will it be okay if i take my heroin shot before taking the acid? (i mean i know it can make a trip less potent...but i don't mind...i wouldn't imagine taking acid in a wd )
~i'm taking it on saturday, just a half of a tab(i wouldn't have the guts to take a whole tab) and i need to be able to function properly on monday(exams and shit) will it affect my memory too much?
~i heard it thousands of times, if a trip goes bad xanax should help with that,right?
thanks
You'll be fine. I actually read somewhere that bad trips occur like 1 in 1000 trips. And I already told you the circumstances I was in on acid and still didn't get bad tripped =D .

Bavanai said:
You'll be fine. I actually read somewhere that bad trips occur like 1 in 1000 trips.

which . . . means absolutely NOTHING.

Way to go, pal.

Now ain't that peculiar...

When I listen to music some times, to a really good song and I get really into it, I have a brief moment of euphoria, and a very pleasant sensation flow over my body. I asked a couple of people if they have had similar experiences, and some people I asked claim they recognize what I was talking about. So now to the point. This sensation, for me at least, is EXACTLY like the body high I get from LSD. I mean exactly like it. I find this extremely interesting.

When I listen to music some times, to a really good song and I get really into it, I have a brief moment of euphoria, and a very pleasant sensation flow over my body. I asked a couple of people if they have had similar experiences, and some people I asked claim they recognize what I was talking about. So now to the point. This sensation, for me at least, is EXACTLY like the body high I get from LSD. I mean exactly like it. I find this extremely interesting.

Sometimes I get a euphoric swell inside that reminds me of rolling. It's cool. =D

Oh yeah, and last week I truly experienced LSD for the first time. Had two sugar cubes and had loads of visuals, became a 5-year old and had one of the greatest experiences of my life!

Oh, I love Lucy. ;)

I just got back from Allgood 2008 and talked to a few different people with L and they mentioned something about a mix in the blotter.

One of the guys was talking about some swiss crystal that had an extremely long name than I could remember and talked about how it was different "types" of acid blended together to produced the best possible trip. The best I could figure out is that it might be different LSD molecules or have different molecules bonded to it that help to change its effects.

I hadn't ever heard of different types of acid and I know there aren't too many possibilities as to what could be put on blotter. I did notice a pain in my inner thigh that I've experienced with other acid that wasn't as clean, but this swiss stuff seemed pretty legit.

Does anyone know if there are different types/mixes/lsd-molecules out there?

There are stereo-isomers of LSD, but only one of them is active if I remember right. Sounds like a bullshit story to me, unless they mean that it was just 'adulterated'. :\

^ I've wondered if LSD can improve people's ability to read body language and subtle signals to the point where conversation can take place entirely without speaking. I haven't experienced it yet, but I tend to trip solo.

rpm said:
Yeah I've wondered that too. The number of times I've known exactly what someone else was going to say, or finished their sentences when I couldn't possibly have known.

There was one time (on about 400mics) where I suddenly had this feeling of presences all around me and said "does anyone else feel like..." and before I could finish my friend went "...like there are people all around us". Weird shit!

Yeah its pretty amazing hey.. i wanna further explore on that ability next time i trip. Takes you too a whole new level of understanding..

I've been quite curious about this for some time after past trips..

I've found that when i trip in a more 'chaotic' environment.. such as a rave/doof, it's less intense somewhat.. like theirs SO much going on, that the acid cant enhance everything at once, my visuals arnt as crazy. But i find that if im in a room of a house with just a few people.. the intensity is insane.. incredible visuals, and one hell of a mindfuck. Almost like it's a more 'simple' environment soo everything becomes very enhanced.. and my mind thinks more on 1 thing then a million things at a rave/doof.

Is this anything close too true? or have i just experienced weak then very strong tabs?

Yeah, I'd say I've experienced this. Often my craziest visuals have been lying on my back in a tent ... watchin the rain fall ... after a night of seeing all sorts of supposedly "trippy" shit ...

Question: I'm about to take some Lucy for the first time tonight and I'm wondering what I should do with my cell phone? The ringer might scare the piss out of me and I might freak out if I feel it vibrating in my pocket. Should I just keep it off or should I just not worry about it?

Eh.. i find i can still acknowledge that the vibrating is my phone. The thing is, if it's a txt.. you probably wont beable to read the words lol. I can never read on acid, the words are all jumbled up and wiggling.

But if ya worried, just turn it off. Or put it down somewhere.

Just turn it off. Whatever anyone would call you about can wait until after the trip is over and done with.

TheMightyBoosh said:
Question: I'm about to take some Lucy for the first time tonight and I'm wondering what I should do with my cell phone? The ringer might scare the piss out of me and I might freak out if I feel it vibrating in my pocket. Should I just keep it off or should I just not worry about it?

Hehehe, just don't worry about it- its only a phone. Turn it off if its off concern. 8) ;)

You mean 'must do' things as in for having a good time? I find that if you try to plan shit out ahead of time, you can sometimes end up feeling 'trapped' into that plan during the experience. I don't know, it's hard to describe. My point being that I think it's better to just 'go with the flow' and do whatever feels right at the time (within reason of course).

Just be sure to have enjoyable music on hand. :)

Strangeness said:
Just be sure to have enjoyable music on hand. :)

Yeah id recommend this too.. without music i tend to think WAY too much, and i sometimes go places in my head i dont want too.. music keeps it pretty balanced and enjoyable (for me anyway).

Plus dancing on acid is an unbelievable experience :)

Lingering After Effects?

Is it at all common to remain at a + for a couple days afterwards? As in, very faint lingering visuals still there after 48 hours?

The world always looks a little 'different' for me until I've gotten a few nights of sleep. I don't know how to describe in what way it's different though... it really is a subtle effect.

Regardless, you'll notice it less and less as time goes on. Laying off any substance use in the meantime helps. :)

In my opinion, the LSD is either potent enough or not at all. There's not much you can do to enhance a trip. Maybe being in a very intense environment, such as watching someone else that you know and love go crazy on LSD effects your trip but that's the only thing that I can think of.