European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

shake n bake meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can ephedrine not be used instead of pseudo-ephedrine? (I was under the impression it could). The reason I ask is that jars of 30mg ephedrine tablets (1000 in a jar) are pretty easy to get hold of (in the UK anyway and not illegal). ...Really good fat burner if mixed with caffeine and aspirin...although the anxiety it causes is pretty awful.

I've never understood why meth just has never taken off in the UK. I mean in the US and Australia it's huge....why not here? From what I understand it's limited to the gay clubbing scene pretty much and police seizures are pretty much nil (like a couple of kg a year or something). Also drug support agencies report virtually no-one saying they use it in the surveys I've read.

There must be a reason for this but I'm fucked if I can work out what it is. Maybe that the precursors are harder to get or something but I doubt that would be a serious barrier.

Anyone chime in with the reason for the lack of meth use in the UK?

Societal demonisation is my guess.

I'm always shocked that people still use such outdated synth routes

I guess sulphate is easier to make. Probably harder to hide a large meth lab in England than in rural usa or australia.

"Sulphate Sid" had his lab on a barge and used to just potter up and down the canal system stopping off at a quiet spot to cook up then move on to sell the (damn fine) product. He made meth as well as sulphate. I see no reason why this bizniz model could not be scaled up.

If you can't hide a narcolab, you shouldn't be in a narcolab.

You also shouldn't be cooking stimulants in a "narcolab" by definition.

You also shouldn't be cooking stimulants in a "narcolab" by definition.

haha!! damn fine semantics there Mr Shambles....although technically a misnomer the yanks use the word narcotics (as you know meaning sleep inducing) to refer to ALL illegal drugs from coke to meth to heroin and everything in between.....fucking yanks eh? always bastardising the English language lol!

"Sulphate Sid" had his lab on a barge and used to just potter up and down the canal system stopping off at a quiet spot to cook up then move on to sell the (damn fine) product. He made meth as well as sulphate. I see no reason why this bizniz model could not be scaled up.

I can imagine Breaking Bad set in the black country would be quite a different show.

I can imagine Breaking Bad set in the black country would be quite a different show.

haha!! that's just given me the most amazing mental images.......Walt and Jessie in a canal barge passing through rural Wales with hazmat suits and gas-masks on and a dead drug dealer dissolving in the bath.

Or guys doing their "ingredient shopping" in the local B&Q or Wilcos LOL!

"Saay muuy name!!".....

Aww classic!

If you ever get lost in the desert, away from any signs of civilisation, try this. Start up a conversation among yourselves, and casually misuse a word even although everyone present understands exactly what you meant by it. Somebody is bound to show up sooner or later brandishing a dictionary ..... and you can ask them for directions to the next town.

the black country. it's some place ...

great advice Julie. Happy new year to ya!

what can you shake and bake with a bit of simple equipment and ingredients such as a mortar and pestle?

Methamphetamine is quite simple in terms of chemistry. Even acquiring the chemicals and glassware is straight forward. You can buy everything you need from eBay, so it's surprising there isn't more of a "scene" for methamphetamine over here in the UK. Especially given how easy it is to acquire the precursors and general ease to manufacture.

Methamphetamine is quite simple in terms of chemistry. Even acquiring the chemicals and glassware is straight forward. You can buy everything you need from eBay, so it's surprising there isn't more of a "scene" for methamphetamine over here in the UK. Especially given how easy it is to acquire the precursors and general ease to manufacture.

if it was that easy and profitable why aren't people making it then?

because cocaine seems to fill that market up. coke is a lot more soically accepted. meth is very cheap that is why it is popular in countires where coke is even more exspensive than Europe. so persons will do meth over coke.

ps lol@ homebake and shake and bake meth. very stupid. Are you serious?very fucking dumb to do. you can blow youself up. that is not a lie. leave it to the pro's (persons/chemists who get paid to do it).

shitty bikie gangs (and local gangs) here try to make good stuff, and have their kids that 'cook' . no matter how good it is, the Asian gangs always bring in better quality product and are putting those shitty bikie gangs out of bussiness.

Meth is terrible drug, most likely the worst i've seen. it is an understatment on the bad effects it can cause. even moderate use is no good for you. full time depression, life sucks unless you are high

People are making it.
Lab grade, small distribution, no need to get busted for distribution on a larger scale if someone leaves a trail...

Can ephedrine not be used instead of pseudo-ephedrine? (I was under the impression it could). The reason I ask is that jars of 30mg ephedrine tablets (1000 in a jar) are pretty easy to get hold of (in the UK anyway and not illegal). ...Really good fat burner if mixed with caffeine and aspirin...although the anxiety it causes is pretty awful.

You can use ephedrine (aswell as pseudoephedrine) but you would not be able to just substitute one for the other and just continue using the *lets just say* the red phosphorus route. If using ephedrine you would first need to make sure if its eph hydrochloride or not, then use a route thats specific for the precursor.

I've never understood why meth just has never taken off in the UK. I mean in the US and Australia it's huge....why not here? From what I understand it's limited to the gay clubbing scene pretty much and police seizures are pretty much nil (like a couple of kg a year or something). Also drug support agencies report virtually no-one saying they use it in the surveys I've read.

I think a significant reason (but one often ignored) on why the UK has not seen similar methamp usage patterns as the USA, AUS & NZ etc due to the UK not having a significant OMCG culture like the others. I dont think the UK/europe had international biker gangs (like hells angels, Bandidos etc) presence until well after AUS, CAN or NZ saw. The hells angels were in aus/nz in the early 70s, and both countries had a OMCG culture and clubs from the 1960s (vietnam vets) which the UK never really developed. The international OMCG's were responsible for methamphetamines presence into the canadian, aussie and kiwi drug landscape from the late 70s/early 80s.

If australia didnt have the outlaw bikie culture like USA then methamphetamine would not have first entered australia 30+ years ago, the speed market would never have been taken over by methamp (it would still be amphetamine sulphte) and aussies wouldnt have had the experience and therefore more willingness to try crystal meth because of the exposure to meth from snorting speed, to comsuming pills etc. the speed market here in australia would be more like how the UKs is than how it is currently if Ustralia didnt share a OMCG culture with USA.

Even before meths appearance, speed was a drug commonly produced, used and sold by OMCGs, but speed in those days was amphetamine sulphate. But when An australian Hells Angels member went to the USA and was shown how to cook their new recipe by the The southern Cali Hells Angels, he came back to australia and started making 'speed' from this new 'recipe', it Produced a stronger, better quality product and through demand and demand only (had nothing to do with precursor availability) the new methamp 'speed' gradually killed off amp sulphate from the market.

Then aussie hells angels chapter and the entire international drug syndicate got busted (they were smuggling meth for their hells angel 'brothers' into california in tinned pineapple) and thrown in jail, the 'cook' was given life sentence so in jail he sold the meth recipe to whoever wanted it for a low $1000! Lol after that every significant drug 'cook' was producing methamp 'speed'.

There must be a reason for this but I'm fucked if I can work out what it is. Maybe that the precursors are harder to get or something but I doubt that would be a serious barrier.

Anyone chime in with the reason for the lack of meth use in the UK?

You can use ephedrine (aswell as pseudoephedrine) but you would not be able to just substitute one for the other and just continue using the *lets just say* the red phosphorus route. If using ephedrine you would first need to make sure if its eph hydrochloride or not, then use a route thats specific for the precursor.

I think a significant reason (but one often ignored) on why the UK has not seen similar methamp usage patterns as the USA, AUS & NZ etc due to the UK not having a significant OMCG culture like the others. I dont think the UK/europe had international biker gangs (like hells angels, Bandidos etc) presence until well after AUS, CAN or NZ saw. The hells angels were in aus/nz in the early 70s, and both countries had a OMCG culture and clubs from the 1960s (vietnam vets) which the UK never really developed. The international OMCG's were responsible for methamphetamines presence into the canadian, aussie and kiwi drug landscape from the late 70s/early 80s.

If australia didnt have the outlaw bikie culture like USA then methamphetamine would not have first entered australia 30+ years ago, the speed market would never have been taken over by methamp (it would still be amphetamine sulphte) and aussies wouldnt have had the experience and therefore more willingness to try crystal meth because of the exposure to meth from snorting speed, to comsuming pills etc. the speed market here in australia would be more like how the UKs is than how it is currently if Ustralia didnt share a OMCG culture with USA.

Even before meths appearance, speed was a drug commonly produced, used and sold by OMCGs, but speed in those days was amphetamine sulphate. But when An australian Hells Angels member went to the USA and was shown how to cook their new recipe by the The southern Cali Hells Angels, he came back to australia and started making 'speed' from this new 'recipe', it Produced a stronger, better quality product and through demand and demand only (had nothing to do with precursor availability) the new methamp 'speed' gradually killed off amp sulphate from the market.

Then aussie hells angels chapter and the entire international drug syndicate got busted (they were smuggling meth for their hells angel 'brothers' into california in tinned pineapple) and thrown in jail, the 'cook' was given life sentence so in jail he sold the meth recipe to whoever wanted it for a low $1000! Lol after that every significant drug 'cook' was producing methamp 'speed'.

Not strictly true mate - the UK has had Hells Angels chapters ( as well as other clubs) since the 60s, though not to the same scale as the US & AUS. So the lack of meth popularity over here is still somewhat a mystery....

Though I've a feeling this will change now we have the darkweb.

Edit: apologies - having reread your post I now see you said 'the UK had no significant OMCGs'. This is true...

Last edited:
has anybody tried uk/euro speed and meth and can compare the 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.