Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

Fuckin' banger. I love me my psydub and downtempo and dubstep and all that slow, syncopated, trippy music and that kind of thing ... but when I'm candyflipping at a warehouse party at 3 AM with a thousand other people, this is the kind of shit that I want coming over the system. Booty-shakin' goodness through and through. 10/10.

Edit to review the post that beat me to it ...

Wofgang Gartner - Flashback

I've definitely danced at many a party to this song ... in fact it's so recognizable that I almost find it a little played out. I think it's because a friend of mine who DJs drops it at most of his sets. It's a really good track, but I can't quite get into it to the same extent that I used to. 7.5/10.

Let's take this in the opposite direction ...
Ohrwert - Control

Last edited:
^ Sorry, that was too monotonous. not deep enough for me. It felt like a build that was turned into an entire song, it kept building towards something that never happened. Nothing good ever dropped. At about 5:20 it kinda finally starts to kick something in there, but not much. I also liked that little tweak at 7:20, and was ok for about 30 sec after that... but still, it took forever to get there. Maybe it would sound better live on a good soundsystem or something. I dunno. 3/10.

I was looking for some songs on youtube i wanted to put in here, but they weren't there, so I had to settle for on of my recent vinyl purchases:

Fast Eddie - Yo yo get funky (Deekline and Tim Healey 09 mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY38wo3TgGU

Heard this for the first time at burningman this year on the night of the burn at opulent temple (Dj was cosmic selector i think)

^
Sweet video, 8/10

Mstrkrft - Bounce

actually neon knights/bounce, but really i just picked this because the hipster scene in the video is so epic :D