Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

Hmmm... love the into, that 8-bit synth, sits so nicely. :)

that strobed base line on the end of the bar is nice as well. And thank fuck the voice isn't breathie. However it is the standard dnb/dub style of voice.

The repeated "this-way" sits a bit off over that dub bass/kick... at parts anyway. The bass line, i don't feel my hd-25's are giving it justice. But it is heavy, and it does move about a bit.

The "this-way" repeat could have been smothed out, with a different repeat effect, listen to some la-riot for ideas. But overall, when the 8-bit synth comes back in again for the break-down is fun. I feel some of that synth over the top of the this-way repeat would of worked wonders.

6.5/10 if I was in a club with a decent system 8/10 for sure.

Shadow Dancer - Drivetime

but time I posted something a bit more minimal.. the melody in this track makes me want to take mdma :(

Hatiras and Jelo - Speakerhumper (Original Mix)
I must know nothing about music or have crappy speakers or both. Thizz and everyone who commented on this track on youtube claims to soak their pants whenever they hear it but I thought it was pretty monotonous. 4/10
Towa Tei-"Mind Wall"

^^ this is one of the best tracks I've heard in this thread. 9/10

Downloading from beatport as I write.

The energy sits well with what I play. The melody is just enough, the 8-bit esk, with that nice almost distortion over it. Thanks for the link man.

My favorite infected mushroom track. This track shows that both these producers have classical music degrees, the melodies, the harmonies. Owe, a favourite of mine.

Infected Mushroom - Elation Station

^^ the IM track is from converting vegetarians, disk 2, which isn't a psy-trance cd. more of an experimental cd... disk 1, psy-trance all the way, and a favorite cd of mine.

I like the melody, but I am not one for cheesy vocals... the drop is nice, and moves a round a bit, and like the bass line.

5.5/10

Now.. to make up for elation station... Infected Mushroom - Muse Breaks <-- my favourite psy track of theres.... saw them live in brisbane, a few years back, after travelling on public transport for ages..... train 3hrs, plane 3 hrs, bus 1hr, bus 1hr... was very much worth it.

Last edited: