Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

I liked it, would have liked it even more if it was longer with some more development, but that's just me

9/10

Gaia - Tuvan (Original Mix)

Pretty cool, nice tune that stays to the core of trance IMO. No overused stuff. It also has a retro kind of vibe, which I like. 7/10

We will save this Younger Brother - All I Want for another day, check this beautiful dubstep remix of Bob Marley & the Wailer's "Is This Love"

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Is This Love (Lojik Remix)

Last edited:
We will save this Younger Brother - All I Want for another day, check this beautiful dubstep remix of Bob Marley & the Wailer's "Is This Love"

Hot shit! This track caught me literally as soon as it started. "Is This Love" is probably my favorite Marley track (due to sentimental associations to the first girl I fell in love with) so I was excited to click the link, and this REALLY delivers. Perfect atmosphere, very nice juxtaposition of the cheeriness of the original with the darkness of dubstep. This is gonna get a full 10/10 from me, I'm a really big fan. Every bit as good as I was hoping it would be.

Nortec Collective - Tengo La Voz

Pretty cool, nice tune that stays to the core of trance IMO. No overused stuff. It also has a retro kind of vibe, which I like. 7/10

Wow. Just wow. That track is amazing. Thank you.

Hot shit! This track caught me literally as soon as it started. "Is This Love" is probably my favorite Marley track (due to sentimental associations to the first girl I fell in love with) so I was excited to click the link, and this REALLY delivers. Perfect atmosphere, very nice juxtaposition of the cheeriness of the original with the darkness of dubstep. This is gonna get a full 10/10 from me, I'm a really big fan. Every bit as good as I was hoping it would be.

Very unique mix of that classic Mexican music sound and EDM. 7/10 for a unique sound I've never heard before.

Starchaser - Love Will Set You Free (Jambe Myth/Luigi Lusini Remix)

Never really heard of it but im sure its ku

Lil Wayne-Swag Surfin

Lil Wayne-Swag Surfin

Well, not a big fan of R&B, but to be fair I listened to the entire song. I would MUCH prefer no vocals, just the instruments. It's actually pretty catchy regarding the brass horn back up, and synth.

4/10 (I'm being generous)

--------------------------------

Delphic - Doubt (Riton Re-Rub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCDx5mqq60

Last edited:

Lil Wayne-Swag Surfin

First, I already replied to him.
Second, of course you've never heard it, that's why he posted a youtube link for you to click on and listen to it.
Third, this thread is for EDM, no Lil' Wang.
Fourth, you didn't even have the courtesy to post a link to your song.

Well, not a big fan of R&B, but to be fair I listened to the entire song. I would MUCH prefer no vocals, just the instruments. It's actually pretty catchy regarding the brass horn back up, and synth.

4/10 (I'm being generous)

--------------------------------

Delphic - Doubt (Riton Re-Rub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCDx5mqq60

8/10. Wasn't expecting it to be good, I never do with boring intros, but it turned into an awesome track. It's just my style. Crazy wobbly electrohouse sounds, nice vocals too. Thanks, I'm gonna download that track.

Jochen Miller - Red One

8/10. Wasn't expecting it to be good, I never do with boring intros, but it turned into an awesome track. It's just my style. Crazy wobbly electrohouse sounds, nice vocals too. Thanks, I'm gonna download that track.

Jochen Miller - Red One

Whoa, it seems I know your style and you know mine. That track was pretty sick, and I'm loving the dreamsynth feel.

A strong 8/10. It needs to be longer!

------------

Daft Punk - High Life (Cassian's Bootleg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXniTulHMK8&feature=related

Last edited:
I liked that - it's got a happy filter-house feel to it. Could've done with a stronger melody imo, but still a nice tune. 6/10.

Alex Smoke - Lux+

It was quite a bit repetitive, and truthfully pretty boring. The vocals were also kind of ehh. I hate giving low ratings but that's just not my type of electronic.

4.5/10

-----------------------------------

Passion Pit - Little Secrets (Hey Champ Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUqbPJmZiY

Passion Pit - Little Secrets (Hey Champ Remix)
This is like all the bad parts of disco and indie rock thrown into one song. The vocals are strained and struggling to stay in tune. The organ stabs during the verse and walking octave bassline during the chorus have cheese all over them. The synths are very early 80's (in the corny pop 99 Red Balloons way, not the early electro-pioneer Kraftwerk way) The only good part was the 1/2 time breakdown from 1:53-2:00. I just read about someone in another thread wanting to take a wild, psychedelic combo at a Passion Pit show. It sounds like one would have to just to tolerate it. 2/10

Sam Sharp-"Roundabout (Simon Patterson Rmx)"

Roundabout (Simon Patterson Rmx)
interesting tune, the intro i thought it was a breakbeat track. during the drop reminded more of trance n' the bassline kind of reminded of psytrance just slower, tho i don't listen to much so im not sure how accurate that statement is hehe. BUT it was fun to listen to and had good energy to dance to 7/10

Starkey - Black Monolith

interesting tune, the intro i thought it was a breakbeat track. during the drop reminded more of trance n' the bassline kind of reminded of psytrance just slower, tho i don't listen to much so im not sure how accurate that statement is hehe. BUT it was fun to listen to and had good energy to dance to 7/10

Starkey - Black Monolith

Nice track! Techno with a soul to it. I enjoy it! 7/10

And now from the original Sofa Rockers (as in, don't worry this is not rap):

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - 1st Of Tha Month (K&D Session)