Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methedrone (bk-PMMA) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul Shroom

Greenlighter
The Small & Fiendy Methedrone (bk-PMMA) Thread

Methedrone.png

This is PD's main methedrone (not mePHedrone) thread, meant for the discussion of the drug also dubbed bk-PMMA (beta-keto-paramethoxymethamphetamine) or methoxyphedrine.
There is much confusion regarding the similarities of the names of mephedrone (4-MMC) and this substance, methedrone, discuss here your experiences with it - the prevalence - and also possible dangers or side-effects.

This thread started off as a discussion about the comparison between methedrone and mephedrone:

[original post:]

Hi All,
Just wondering which one has better cleaner effects as SWIM has tried one but they’re not shore which one?

Mephedrone (4-MMC,4-Methylmethcathinone)

or

Methedrone (BK-PMMA,)

The one SWIM took was similar to mdma but smoother and lasted about 1 hour or so with no real come down. It seemed quit a clean effect but heart SWIMS nostril a bit.

and are these both legal in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay away from both. There's tons of evidence piling up about the obviously hideous toxicity of mephedrone. Methedrone is a similar compound, which could very well have similar issues. Probably even worse, considering the structural similarity to PMA & PMMA.

Considering what mephedrone can do to your body, I don't want to even imagine what either of these substances can do to your brain...

ditto

I have tried both

both are great fun

methedrone is even more fun than mephedrone... but after using 200mg twice in just a a week, I got a horrible comedown, And i do mean horrible.

and a binge on mephedrone made me break out in some sort of horrible localised skin rash and I was left with a strange zit that still wants to heal cpmpletely... that was months ago. Something truly dirty about that chem, i wpon't rule out the possibility that the skin thing and the drug are unrelated but I have a hunch that they are.

^ Agree wholeheartedly. If you want a psuedo-MDMA type effect, stick with methylone as it has very few reports of negative consequences of use (except for the standard feeling fucked afterwards). Mephedrone (4-methylmethcathinone) is IMO nasty shit which I wouldn't touch with my now infamous shitty stick. Methedrone (4-methoxymethcathinone) on the other hand, I would even get close enough to havbe to decide to touch it with a shitty stick asd it just seems like it'll be as bad, if not worse.

One more thing to rant about. It's bad enough that the cathinone derivatives are getting hyped to fuck by certain people, but do we really need easily confused names for the fuckers as well (if we do need such names, I nominate 'shit' & 'shite'! =D)?

PS Check out the 'How toxic is mephedrone' thread ih ADD if you need any more convincing

Yes^ and yes.

Mephedrone scares me, not only the stories but the way it feels in my body and mind. You really don't wanna be messing with it. And I quite liked the euphoria but it scared me bad enough to not find it worth the risk ... even without addictive hindsight.

Methedrone is indeed in theory even worse just as the N-methylated version of that is apparently a downright nightmare.

I'd get a freakin restraining order if they knew what I was talking about.

Methedrone is N-methylated...

Oops yea what I meant was 4-methoxy-methamphetamine, that could be the biggest killer of the bunch. That one is unprevalent though.

LOL just noticed a vendor stating that mephedrone is also known as methadrone and MMC Hammer. These guys crack me up, in a very concerned manner.

Oops yea what I meant was 4-methoxy-methamphetamine, that could be the biggest killer of the bunch. That one is unprevalent though.

LOL just noticed a vendor stating that mephedrone is also known as methadrone and MMC Hammer. These guys crack me up, in a very concerned manner.

I was just going to mention that too
Just to clear this up in my head what is the cas number and the proper chemical name of the one that is preferred as psuedo-MDMA type effect that the majority of people find enjoyable?

Last edited:
im assuming you mean f&b's pseudo-mdma reference: methylone or bk-MDMA. 2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one. cas# 186028-79-5
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methylone/

its still a very different substance, it should be enjoyed in its own right instead of looked at a pseudo mdma substitute imo

im assuming you mean f&b's pseudo-mdma reference: methylone or bk-MDMA. 2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one. cas# 186028-79-5
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methylone/

its still a very different substance, it should be enjoyed in its own right instead of looked at a pseudo mdma substitute imo

Thank you for all your replies think SWIM must have had Methylone (NOT mephedrone or methedrone) then cos it was very nice and had no come down.
These on line vendors have confused things. There seems lots of people referring to one and meaning the other like me at the start of this thread.

Yes, that is a tricky thing! If they seem to be confused themselves about the differences and identities of compounds that are sold, how can you be sure what to expect? It should be pointed out that people involved in this can range from fellas wanting to make fast cash to people who are well at home in chemistry. If you are "dealing" with the former - and it is often hard to be sure if you are or not! - you may get a different thing you expect. I've encountered a-MT with a DPT molecule depicted.

We are entering dangerous source discussion now though, I started it a bit but I will stop it as well. But general examples, I think, were useful for the sake of harm reduction by revealing the reality of these matters and the risks involved.
No directions are given though to these vendors, lets prevent that shall we :)

Stay away from both. There's tons of evidence piling up about the obviously hideous toxicity of mephedrone. Methedrone is a similar compound, which could very well have similar issues. Probably even worse, considering the structural similarity to PMA & PMMA.

Considering what mephedrone can do to your body, I don't want to even imagine what either of these substances can do to your brain...

There is nothing but "anecdotal" evidence and basically hearsay concering Mephedrone. Stop with the doom and gloom.

^ Bollocks! Have you read the 'how toxic is mephedrone' thread? It has photos of the purple knees reaction. Also when so many people report the same sort of negative side effects, it becomes a bit more than somerthing you can dismiss as anecdotal

The gloom & doom will continue as mephedrone is turning out to be nasdty toxic stuff for people who've used it more than a handful of times (that's not me deciding it will continue, but the people who post of their negative reactions with the stuff)

Sorry to say, but you sound like several other mephedrone users who are in denial about the possible consequences of their use. Not talking about the serious side effects to it will not make them go away...

^ agreed. This being said, I can't think of a stimulant off hand that isn't pretty toxic. I'd also venture to say that there probably isn't one, probably because any stimulant mechanism I could think of would also have toxic effects

This being said, I can't think of a stimulant off hand that isn't pretty toxic.

Yeah well, by that logic, if you drink a glass of wine every day you might as well start smoking crack... ;)

Of course most recreational drugs are more or less toxic or harmful. There's little enough fun in this world that wouldn't be harmful to you one way or another. However there are varying levels of harmfulness, and in the name of harm reduction we should advice people to try choosing the less harmful options.

well, in some respects the dose makes the poison, with all things, even food. However, stimulants, as a general rule, are the most toxic of the standard "recreational" substances. Obviously there are exceptions, and i'm not counting huffing gasoline & hairspray here...

btw, i prefer to smoke the hard with a glass of wine, a nice pinot-shiraz blend complements the buttery high notes of a low acetone high baking soda rock...

^ What about alcohol (which is horribly toxic, no matter which way you look at it) or certain dissociatives, never mind a whole swathe of CNS depressants, such as the barbiturates. Compared with a stimulant like fencamfamine, they are pretty toxic

There is nothing but "anecdotal" evidence and basically hearsay concering Mephedrone. Stop with the doom and gloom.

Are you shore you don’t meen Methylone!:):):\

it seems much better for you than Mephedrone or Methedrone

no idea mate, but mephedrone does have a nasty combo, have ur benzos handy;)

Mephedrone scares me, not only the stories but the way it feels in my body and mind. You really don't wanna be messing with it.

That's strange because i feel exactly the opposite.
On my side, mephedrone is the more easy on the mind and body compared with butylone, methylone, mdpv, 4-FMA (one of the worst).

Note that i never abused from stims, majority of stims are well know toxic in general.

methedrone seems good in term of effect and nasty in term of comedown.

Status
Not open for further replies.