Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methedrone (bk-PMMA) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ i was under the same impression.

maybe it is less neurotoxic but ODing on it is easier due to the dose respose curve.

I thought PMMA was much more dangerous than MDMA

Yes, its less neurotoxic but take 1 pill and have a good night, take 2 and your dead... Thats the big issues with PMA and PMMA. We can assume its the same with methedrone...

I wish they made flephedrone availible instead of methedrone, sounds like a way better option the meph and methedrone.

When measering the correct dose (wich seems impossible at this point as we dont know the lethal dose on this one) I think this one would be safer then mephedrone wich seems very dodgy in my opinion.

But yeah staying away from this one untill we know more is recommend.

Last edited:
I wish they made flephedrone availible instead of methedrone, sounds like a way better option the meph and methedrone.

Me too. Flephedrone or other new bks.

I adored flephedrone...

though I am wondering is it just that much better (not that potent tho) or
is it the meph demonization that has me split?

Thats hardly a stimulant, isn't it

users report sedation, pharmacology fits the bill

though I am wondering is it just that much better (not that potent tho) or
is it the meph demonization that has me split?

F&B said there were no obvious toxicity issues, I believe. Presumably that's compared to other stims cos I doubt any are completely non-toxic. Seems to definitely be far less damaging than mephedrone. And indeed methedrone. See? I can post on topic sometimes :D

F&B said there were no obvious toxicity issues, I believe. Presumably that's compared to other stims cos I doubt any are completely non-toxic. Seems to definitely be far less damaging than mephedrone. And indeed methedrone. See? I can post on topic sometimes :D

Good, all they have to do now is make it availible instead that toxic waste called mephedrone!=D

Stay away from both. There's tons of evidence piling up about the obviously hideous toxicity of mephedrone. Methedrone is a similar compound, which could very well have similar issues. Probably even worse, considering the structural similarity to PMA & PMMA.

Considering what mephedrone can do to your body, I don't want to even imagine what either of these substances can do to your brain...
I'd say comparing mephedrone with methedrone is fairly useless, since it's thought that most of mephedrone's serious side effects are caused by it's metabolite 4-methylephedrine, which is NOT the case with methedrone since it's 4-methoxy cathinone, not 4-methyl cathinone. Not saying that methedrone is safe, actually it has potential to be pretty lethal since it's propably a MAOI+SRA/SRI.

I'd say, stay away from 4-methoxyamphetamines.

^^
That's some good advice--just stay away from 4-methoxy-amphetamines in general. There's no need to risk that kind of toxicity just for the latest ketone flavor of the week.

I'm wondering the same thing, all we can do is gues... In my opinion i do think its a better option then mephedrone wich is incredibly dodgy. PMMA isnt as neurotoxic as MDMA apperantly but is lethal in overdose. We can gues the same applies to methedrone.

What makes you say PMMA or bk-PMMA is/are not as neurotoxic as MDMA by the way? Does anyone know anything about that that isnt hearsay?

What makes you say PMMA or bk-PMMA is/are not as neurotoxic as MDMA by the way? Does anyone know anything about that that isnt hearsay?

Evaluation of the neurotoxicity of N-methyl-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane (para-methoxymethamphetamine, PMMA).
Steele TD, Katz JL, Ricaurte GA.

Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224.
These studies assessed the neurotoxic potential of N-methyl-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane (para-methoxymethamphetamine; PMMA), an amphetamine analog that has surfaced in the illicit drug market. Repeated subcutaneous injections of PMMA caused lasting, dose-related reductions in regional brain concentrations of serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA), and in the density of [3H]paroxetine-labelled 5-HT uptake sites. Comparison of the neurotoxic potential of PMMA to that of para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA) and 3,4-methyl-enedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) showed that equivalent doses of PMMA and PMA (80 mg/kg) produced comparable depletions of 5-HT, but that these depletions were not as pronounced as those induced by a lower dose of MDMA (20 mg/kg). Striatal DA was not affected on a long-term basis by any of the ring-substituted amphetamines evaluated in this study. These data suggest that PMMA, like PMA and MDMA, produces long-term (possibly neurotoxic) effects on brain serotonin neurons, but that PMMA is less potent than MDMA as a 5-HT neurotoxin. Further, they raise concern over the illicit use of PMMA since humans could be more sensitive than rodents to the 5-HT neurotoxic effects of PMMA and related drugs.

I got 7 grams of meTHedrone. Green powder!

Ive no idea how much to take, the colour relly puts me off!

I got 7 grams of meTHedrone. Green powder!

Ive no idea how much to take, the colour relly puts me off!

There's no-one that can tell a safe dosage, your probably gonna play russian roulette that could end deadly

Start as low as possible and DO NOT redose.

To be safe i would order cyproheptadine online in case serotonin syndrome occurs.

Last edited:
I would never take that, aside from the high risk factor involved with bk-PMMA regarding effects on heart and veins do you know what kind of freaky reagents are used in synthesis? Don't know the exact synthesis of this compound but it's somewhere between possible and probable that they are poisonous.
Ask yourself: what on earth could be worth putting that into your body? Think of the consequences.

I would never take that, aside from the high risk factor involved with bk-PMMA regarding effects on heart and veins do you know what kind of freaky reagents are used in synthesis? Don't know the exact synthesis of this compound but it's somewhere between possible and probable that they are poisonous.
Ask yourself: what on earth could be worth putting that into your body? Think of the consequences.

Yeah this shit is definatly not wort it.

I concur that the potential risks probably greatly outweigh the negligible gains. On the other hand, it's green - am I the only one who would find it hard to resist taking a green drug just cos it's green (and not weed)? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.