• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Family Sues PA Jail Over Heroin Withdrawal Death

"Maybe the malnutrition part, but they give you food in jail. "

lol yeah they give u ood in jail.. shitty food that would be hard to eat if u even had an appetite

oh and bigbillyretard.. i hope the family gets millions and u die in a fire u pos.. hope someone steals ur car and burns it up when their done using it to go cop.. faggot cocksmoke pos..

yeah seriously bigbillybear, you sound like a fucking douche saying some retarded shit like that. You don't have any sympathy for a guy who was kicking dope so bad in jail that he died as a result?? Let me guess, your going to say some stupid shit like "oh well he did it to himself" right. You sound like some of the dickhead cops I have encountered in the past. It seems like your on the wrong forum. Why don't you go join the DARE message board or something where you can talk to other pricks like yourself about why junkies deserve to die in jail. I'm sure you will be much more accepted there...

In terms of being locked up while on methadone, I just had a friend who recently went through this so I will explain what his experience was. He had been going to a methadone clinic for close to year and was recently arrested here in Orange County on some warrants he had out. It was a no bail warrant so there was no getting out either. He was on 90 mgs. when he was arrested and basically what he had to do in order to get his methadone in jail, was he first had to call his girlfriend and have her contact the clinic and tell them what had happened and how he was in jail and needed his methadone. The methadone clinic he was enrolled in then had to contact the other clinic which was closest to the county jail, and what that clinic had to do was basically bring my friend his dose every morning. However, you can't stay on a maintainance dose in jail (atleast here you can't), and my friend had to detox rather quickly. I think he told me they were dropping him 10 mgs. every other day or something like that, not exactly sure how much they were dropping him, but I know it was fast and rough. Also you only get this methadone detox if you are currently going to a legit methadone clinic, which can be verified. If you were buying methadone off the streets and were dependent, and got locked up, well then you would just get the shitty meds they give for heroin withdrawals.
Yeah, you can get methadone into jail if you are on it prior to being incarcerated. However, you have to sign a release of information and have someone on the outs do all the work for you. They have to go to your clinic, explain what's happening, and then arrange it with the jail.

However, in LA County, it is $75 a day, and they ween you off. They don't give you a maintenance dose, they ween you off.

Is this the first death from withdrawal. Everywhere I've looked I have never seen any reports of anyone dying from w/d's. Maybe the malnutrition part, but they give you food in jail.

strange..

Have you ever tried to eat jail food? If you did you would know that the stuff would test people with even the strongest appetites. I was hungover and withdrawing from oxycodone and one fucking look at the so called omelete they had given me nearly made me spew my guts up. I told the guy who was handing out the food to take it back and bring me a bottle of water instead. To my surprise he did.

Also to anyone who says this guy deserved it then i hope you never end up in jail with a opiate or benzo habit. If you do then maybe you will have abit more sympathy for this person. If you don't die from hanging yourself in the cell or from some complication due to withdrawal that is.

The attitude that junkies and addicts of all kinds deserve to die in jail is a stupid mentality brought on by scare propaganda and DARE bullshit. Also may god help you if you go to jail and have a mental health problem along with a addiction. Pigs really love to fuck with people who have either. Goddamn cunts :X .

I hate hearing shit like this.

A guy where I used to live was found passed out in his car on the side of the road and smelled like alcohol. I guess the cops got him somewhat awake and threw him in the drunk tank at county where later they found him dead. The autopsy found that he had no alcohol in his system and that he died from his diabetes.

lol yeah they give u ood in jail.. shitty food that would be hard to eat if u even had an appetite

QUOTE]

The one time that i was in jail for a night and got some breakfast I thought it was delicious, although I was still a lil drunk

When it comes to benzos. They'll give you barbituats to keep you from dieing. I know alot of people take Suboxone/methadone with a benzo. No one want's to go to jail!! At least some of us can understand where this guy might of been at and do somthing about it.

Have you ever tried to eat jail food? If you did you would know that the stuff would test people with even the strongest appetites. I was hungover and withdrawing from oxycodone and one fucking look at the so called omelete they had given me nearly made me spew my guts up. I told the guy who was handing out the food to take it back and bring me a bottle of water instead. To my surprise he did.

Also to anyone who says this guy deserved it then i hope you never end up in jail with a opiate or benzo habit. If you do then maybe you will have abit more sympathy for this person. If you don't die from hanging yourself in the cell or from some complication due to withdrawal that is.

The attitude that junkies and addicts of all kinds deserve to die in jail is a stupid mentality brought on by scare propaganda and DARE bullshit. Also may god help you if you go to jail and have a mental health problem along with a addiction. Pigs really love to fuck with people who have either. Goddamn cunts :X .

Quoted for the truth.

In the jail where I come from, you'll visit with a psychiatrist within the first or second day in jail to discuss meds. During intake, they ask you what kinds of meds you take, ask if you're suicidal, etc. Although I've never spent more than 35 hours in a facility like that, I seriously doubt anyone would give replacements for opioid therapy. ( I was on suboxone and was a bit concerned) I had a friend who was hooked on Xanax and tylenol PM (yes, i know..) and she had a seizure from going cold turkey. Another friend received tramadol, just one a day. That's the reason why you see people coming out of jail who actually become habituated to drugs like Seroquel and benadryl. In desperation, you'd get your hands on anything. I have never known anyone to get help with their addictions in jail. Just cold turkey. And for those who say you can't die from heroin/opioid withdrawal, it's the complications that come with it such as malnutrition and dehydration. I could def. see that happening. It's horrible, but that's jail for you. The guards are sadistic and the sympathy for those incarcerated for any reason is nil.

my county jail is so bad I'm thinking about asking to be sentenced to prison.

?

I had no idea one could die frrom opioid w/d, disregrding older people already in poor health and infents. Maybe he was taking benzos or drinking, etc. with his dope.:?

I know in my state even if you are on 300mg methadone maintenance and in good standing at the clinic if you end up in county, jail, or prison they will not dose you. Now that's cold turkey.

Whatever details may have been looked over that is real fucked up. If I was a prison guard there (not a chance I ever would be), I would have tossed a little bit of confiscated heroin in his cell.

There is no reason for this type of shit to happen, and I won't start with the saddness that so many non violent drug users are in jail and/or picking up felonies. What does it say about the USA when we have privately run prisons?

well said

Another example of the failed war on drugs. Addicts belong in hospitals, not jails.

also many people do not understand the use does not = abuse. IMO if someone wants to abuse the hell out of something that is their bussiness and help should be available if wanted.

BTW how the hell can there be a war on drugs or terror? I think a better term is the war on drug users:?

"Legalize it" all quoated part from Peter Tosh (SP?)

Last edited:
wow

my county jail is so bad I'm thinking about asking to be sentenced to prison.

I'd never choose prison over county round here. Never been to prison and hate being contained but county was not as bad as I expected. Similer to a downtown detox.

Hope your bid is as short and easy as possible.

I just have to add that is so true

Originally Posted by paranoid android View Post

Quoted for the truth.

All I ate during a rather small stay was suff I could by from other and candy from a vending machine.

Sure I've seen other do the same and coked out as hell so always coming up with new thoughts. Thx for saying something.

Last edited:
^^^ you should put everything in one post instead of mulitple, back to back posts like you did. I'm sure someone would have said it if i hadn't.

^yeah, was about to say that until i saw your post. put everything in one single post bellringer.