• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin(West Coast) vs. Powdered Herion(East Cost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yes i've heard the same thing.

the other alkaloids that can be present in tar are: diacetylmorphine, mono-acetylmorphine, unreacted morphine, and acetylcodeine, among other things.

I've had the chance to do both. Here in AZ all I've ever gotten is tar. When I lived in the midwest it was always powder. I notice the tar to be pretty much the same every time. I think it would be easier to cut powder. I remember potency of the powder varying a lot.

I honestly prefer the high I used to get off of the powder. It just gave me way more euphoria from what I remember. But it could have had something to do with having a lower tolerance back then.

I agree with others about nodding off of tar. I nod like crazy off of it everytime I smoke it. I never nod of oxy or any other pills. I never have and never will IV tar. I've seen people fuck up their veins really bad with that stuff. I'd rather smoke mine just to be safe.

I agree with others about nodding off of tar. I nod like crazy off of it everytime I smoke it. I never nod of oxy or any other pills. I never have and never will IV tar. I've seen people fuck up their veins really bad with that stuff. I'd rather smoke mine just to be safe.

Try and keep it that way please! I only smoked tar for over a year and then one day I IV'd it, and slowly i'd IV a few times here or there, then i'd ONLY IV it. Stick to smoking it and be happy with it. Once you IV it tar definitely screws your veins up quick. If i hadn't quit doing H and moved to Idaho I bet i'd have some real screwed up veins.

I do want to hear people's personal experience on powder vs tar and there different feel for each. For instance, I read due to tar being less refine, theres some other alkaloids in it making it feel more sedating...can anyone confirm?

I think I remember hearing once that there was a lot of MAM (not exactly sure what it is, but its one of the alkaloids which is left in tar), and its this remaining MAM which makes tar so much more sedating than powder. Not sure if this is correct, just something I heard from someone a while back.

^ i kinda doubt its the 6-MAM making it more sedating because heroin is metabolized very very rapidly into 6-MAM and morphine anyway.

Thanks for all the input guys. This was basically what I wanted; First hand accounts and comparisons between the two. Before I wrote this thread, I did know that generally powder on east is diacetylmorphine while the tar over here has some morphine content as well as a fist full of other opiate alkaloids which do in fact also get you high.... Nice discussion guys. I can't wait to take a trip back east and cop some powder to see the difference. Keep up the discussion..=D

After getting spoiled by the newer customer friendly face of mexican heroin i've gotta say the whole package is where its at. It's on the pretty high end for purity for tar, i think somewhere like +-60% and always consistant even year to year more or less. I'm pretty sure its basically identical to obecalps chiva in AZ, i think they have about half of the major western cities. It's got to come straight from mx like that and never gets fucked with at all down to $10 pieces. They are all chill as hell here too, well they are hondurans at the bottom but their shit always runs like clock work and are all very friendly from street guys to up a couple for ozs. Always perfectly overweight and never jerked around a bit in years.

If I could get all that and real good always the same columbian dope hell yeah i would. But except for a unique period in boston the best i had it on the east cost was a pretty solid guy at his house for g+ that dope always stayed pretty good to ex and nothing else ever went too crazy and he stuck around for a good while. Below that street sales in balt or dc or the casual meet up dudes shit often went weird or worse and the dope could end up being ass up to good.

Fuck all that noise now even if it was always fire. Which it almost? never is anywhere near the low end, and fuck the occasional sketchy cut or whatnot. Of course that still beats the shit out of the worst unacceptable dope ever sold in places like san francisco and seattle, shit is like 10% and worst case could have anything in it.

By the very nature of tar, it can never be even close to 100% pure, which is also why, say, if you had 2 grams, one of tar, one of powder, and both were 50% pure, there would be more diamorphine in the gram of powder. Powder can be absolutely pure, so most of the time, unless you are getting shit that is actually a gram of cut that's been cut with a little bit of heroin, it is going to be stronger than the tar.

No doubt tar starts off way worse and still lags by some avg at retail but you are going to extremes. Nobody usually bothers going quite to 99.x% i dont think, some aging SA alkaloid % on avg from the UN tries on 2.2% acetylcodeine 2.0% papav. 0.2% nosc 0.2% diff now i'm sure but still best of the 4 by far. Cuts gotta dwarf it all for any avg joe though.

And if you mean some measured 50% im sure the mx o6m which nobody counts in % would get ahead by a nose :D

Jeez I need bed sorry for boring % rambling zzz

Living in Jersey, we never see tar. We have powder adn for the most part it is fire. True you can get some batches that are cut up way too much and not that great, but that happens anywhere. I had a friends who went out to cali for a year for college. when he came back he brought some Tar that he would get down there. That was the first time I shot tar and compaired it to the powder. The powder was definatly stronger and it also was a more mellow, calm, relaxing high. the tar, while still strong had more of a sloppy, disorienting type of high. Both got you fucked up. The tar you needed more of to get the same reults as the powder. I am personally glad I live where the powder is. I think it's stronger and a hell of a lot easier to mix up and shoot.

No doubt tar starts off way worse and still lags by some avg at retail but you are going to extremes. Nobody usually bothers going quite to 99.x% i dont think, some aging SA alkaloid % on avg from the UN tries on 2.2% acetylcodeine 2.0% papav. 0.2% nosc 0.2% diff now i'm sure but still best of the 4 by far. Cuts gotta dwarf it all for any avg joe though.

And if you mean some measured 50% im sure the mx o6m which nobody counts in % would get ahead by a nose :D

Jeez I need bed sorry for boring % rambling zzz

I know the numbers were a bit extreme, but it's just to show that on average, powder is going to be more pure than tar.

Why is it that Arizona has such consistently fire tar? From what I hear you can't even find bad tar in AZ, like even if you went to look for it, you can only get very pure stuff.

Maybe the supplier has good connections? I wouldn't be complaining about potent heroin.

Iv always have gotten tar (or mexican heroin) that is ether a solid piece of varieing qualitys and textures (the best is a hard crystal like consistency). But, even if I get very fine mexican powder(like) dope once its exposed to mositure in the air(like your breth) it becomes congeled and very hard and sticky. Does east coast powder do the same thing?......... also, mixing east coast dope must be a breeze compared, I always heat my dope until the springs in the cheap lighters shoot out from to much heat.

Last edited:
^ no ive never had dope get sticky from moisture. It usually all dissolves very quickly in room temp water. Ive definatly never had it gel up from my breath.

East Coast powder can get moist if it's very humid. I've seen it happen a couple times, but it's not common, unless you are leaving it exposed to moist, humid air.

i'm west coast and have had that kind of powder you describe. i just assumed it was dried-out ground-up tar, because it did what you said -- kinda turned back into tar if it got humid, and it looked like tar when you prepped it. i only had it from one connect, for a little while.

i'm west coast and have had that kind of powder you describe. i just assumed it was dried-out ground-up tar, because it did what you said -- kinda turned back into tar if it got humid, and it looked like tar when you prepped it.

That shit was the goods though(the powder that returned to tar like dope). The stuff that is crap is always one stickey clump........Beware of the sticky clump!, thats when it has usualy been cut with something. Not to say that I havent gotten good dope that is a sticky clump, but thats the shit that is cut with (you hope) just sugar or worse shit.

Maybe the supplier has good connections? I wouldn't be complaining about potent heroin.

haha no I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I kinda have a feeling that many of the mexican drug cartels we all hear about have set up in Arizona due to its close proximity to mexico and many smuggling routes and are bringing nothing but pure uncut tar to the state. Anyways, this probably isn't the thread for that topic but has anyone on the west coast ever gotten balloons of fine tan powder which doesn't turn back into tar or clump up when blown on or exposed to air? I keep hearing about the powder which is really just ground up tar, but I remember a few years back I was getting this real fine, tan powder which didn't clump up and turn back to tar when blown or breathed on (I tried just to make sure it wasn't powdered tar). The dope dissolved very very easily and was really good but not as good as the tar I get. Has anyone else in Cali or anywhere else on the west coast seen this stuff? I'm guessing its just some real mexican brown powder, as in mexican #4 heroin.

Last edited:
I've never seen tar, I've never left New England in my life but I wanna know what Lacey K says, if she's had it.

It can't be any different than the powder in the way that some of it is killer and some of it sucks, and from what I think I know it seems like a pain in the ass to fix it up.

haha no I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I kinda have a feeling that many of the mexican drug cartels we all hear about have set up in Arizona due to its close proximity to mexico and many smuggling routes and are bringing nothing but pure uncut tar to the state. Anyways, this probably isn't the thread for that topic but has anyone on the west coast ever gotten balloons of fine tan powder which doesn't turn back into tar or clump up when blown on or exposed to air? I keep hearing about the powder which is really just ground up tar, but I remember a few years back I was getting this real fine, tan powder which didn't clump up and turn back to tar when blown or breathed on (I tried just to make sure it wasn't powdered tar). The dope dissolved very very easily and was really good but not as good as the tar I get. Has anyone else in Cali or anywhere else on the west coast seen this stuff? I'm guessing its just some real mexican brown powder, as in mexican #4 heroin.

It's possible that is what the cartels are doing.

Just so you know, there is no such thing as pure, uncut tar. It can never be pure, since it has more drugs in it than just heroin, and besides that, it has all the unrefined crap in it that keep it from being pure (actual weight does not equal actual weight in drugs).

I've never seen tar, from what I think I know it seems like a pain in the ass to fix it up.

Nah, it just needs some heat from the lighter. You cant throw it in a spoon and the just swirll and shoot. Although some people do not cook, I do pretty much all the time when fixing tar.

Status
Not open for further replies.