• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread (Second Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ It seems that may be different for some daily users of mirtazapine cos a few EADD folks report no significant reduction in the effects of acid, a few 2C-x and other surprises - was pretty amazed myself but presume it maybe has more of an effect in those without tolerance to mirtazapine. Some even trip just fine whilst on long-term anti-psychotics. MDMA seems to be blunted for sure though.

Someone recommended using diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to cancel out the negative body load of 2C-E.

Does this actually work? If it does, any idea WHY it works?

I have had my 2c-e for a while and other than a few initial trials I haven't really dove in yet. It is fantastically visual for me especially with CEVs but the body load and nausea was not very enjoyable so this possibility of using Benadryl intrigues me.

I really wanna start experimenting with this one as it seems to have a lot of potential.

I find the visuals from 2c-e to be MUCH more colorful and a greater variety in texture than LSD. Metallic fluorescent :D

Last edited:
8mg of 2c-e was taken rectally to test dose response. previously have tried 12mg oral with manageable nausea and amazing trip.

with 8mg rectally (the day after halloween, so some hangover was present and may be to blame), moderate to heavy nausea was noted about 1 hour after injestion, including heavy body load (cold sweat, tremors, muscle tension). was able to safely get to toilet before puking up guts. felt very cleansing and began to trip fairly well (++) for the next 5-6 hours.

one week later, 4mg was taken rectally, 30 mins after 75mg oral diphenhydramine. mild nausea was noted, but controllable. no open eye visuals, mild color enhancement, and slight stimulation noted. tv was interesting yet annoying during ads. was not able to test music appreciation. four hours after injestion, a bowl of weed was smoked, causing typical thc effects. one hour later sleep was difficult due to sudden appearance of swooping neon closed eye visuals, auditory pulsing, and heavy tactile stimulation. face was felt to melt into the pillow.

i consumed 50mg of 2ce

I had some slight visuals when i concentrated on the walls or ceilings

I was buzzing somewhat chronic and couldnt really sit still and relax, had no stomach discomfort.
I couldnt stop laughing for about 10-12 hours when it finally started to wear off and left me mentally exhausted.
No comedown the next day, and fell asleep fine.

Overall it was a good experience but no where near as powerful as people make out it to be, if this is the closest thing to LSD then LSD must be pretty tame tbh.
Was expecting alot more visuals.

^bighooter, didn't you already report that you're on some kind of medication that negates the effects of psychedelics... which is why you didn't get much from 2C-I? If you're still on those meds, why would you expect anything different from another 2C?

2C-E is as powerful as made out to be, and more. 50 mg would be a potentially traumatic dose for most people.

And it's not all about the visuals. 2C-E is a rather serious psych best utilized in the committed unraveling of difficult psychic knots, and tends to resent being used for entertainment. Sorry if that wasn't your intention, but that's how it comes across.

Na thats fair enough

I am on mirtazapine so suppose thats why I didnt get what I was looking for.

Just a shame really. Would I be able to 'come up' off LSD?

As I really want to hallucinate.

I expect it would inhibit the effects of all serotonergic psychedelics. That includes lsd.

Yup. If you're on mirtazapine you probably won't get much from any psyches. Some still get decent effects but very few. Acid will be just the same. I'd save what you have until you're off the meds cos trying to trip on anti-depressants is pretty pointless, to be honest. I get very few visuals from 2C-E or any psyches and am on no AD meds - tripping and hallucinating are not the same things. 50mg is a ridiculously high dose. 20mg (or less) would seriously take your breath away without the meds.

Thats a shame, because I might be on it for a few years :-/

thing is i do get psychedelic effects on ketamine

2c-e is a seratonergic psychedelic, ketamine is a dissociative anasthetic that works on NMDA receptor sites, as well as Mu Opoid & sigma's. These are all very different systems in the brain, thus ketamine is relatively unaffected by SNRI's & 5ht antagonists, but things such as 2c-e & other "classical" psychedelics are.

Last edited:
^ Think you meant 2C-E is a sertonergic psychedelic rather than ketamine, Dude ;)

Hooter: I see you are also using testosterone and 'roids. Have no idea how they interact with psyches but I'd do some research on that too cos interactions can be very bad news even if they don't ruin the high.

Mirtazapine
Mechanism of Action
Mirtazapine is an antagonist of presynaptic alpha 2-adrenergic autoreceptors and heteroreceptors on both norepinephrine and serotonin presynaptic axons. It is also is a potent antagonist of 5HT2 and 5HT3 receptors. As a result, there is increased NE and 5HT activity, especially increased 5HT activitity at the 5HT1A receptors.
Common Side Effects
Sedation, increased appetite, dizziness, and weight gain.

Metabolism
CYP2D6, CYP1A2, and CYP3A4 are the primary enzymes involved in the metabolism of mirtazapine.

Recreational Drug Interactions
Alcohol, GHB (and related substances), Benzos (Xanax, Valium, Klonopin etc), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, Vicodin, Oxy etc), Barbituates: The effects of these drugs will be stronger than normal, as they will add to the sedative effects of mirtazapine. CAREFUL and go easy on these drugs and stick to low doses until you are sure how they interact with the mirtazapine.

Ketamine: The effects of this drug should not be altered by mirtazapine and the combination is not known to be dangerous.

DXM (Dextromethorphan, Robotussin): Because mirtazapine and DXM are metabolized by some of the same enzymes, this combination is most likely quite dangerous. Avoid taking DXM and mirtazapine together!

MDMA/Ecstasy (includes MDA, MDEA etc): Rolling on mirtazapine is relatively safe. Some people find that they do not roll quite as hard as they usually would, and that they need to take about 1/2 an extra pill to obtain normal effects.

Amphetamines (Methamphetamine, Adderall, Dexedrine), Ritalin (methylphenidate), Cocaine, 4-MAR (4-methylaminorex): Using stimulants while on mirtazapine seems to be relatively safe as well. The mirtazapine does not appear to affect the recreational effects of the stimulant (i.e. you will get just as high as you always did).

Hallucinogens (LSD/Acid, psilocybin/Shrooms, Tryptamines, 2-ct-2,DPT, DMT etc, Salvia) Hallucinogens seem to be MUCH stronger in combination with mirtazapine, so please be VERY CAREFUL! A dangerous interaction with shrooms has been observed in one person taking mirtazapine. Please avoid hallucinogens while taking mirtazapine or dose very carefully.

so according to this (which i got off a bluelight post) I should be able to come up off 2ce and for it to have remarkably stronger effects?
and lsd should work aswell

I've never heard of that being the case before. People on mirtazapine seem to mostly report decreased effects if anything. Some people even use it to try to abort trips with some success, I think. 50mg of 2C-E is a shitload - very few people would ever take such a high dose. Something appears to be reducing it's effects in you unless you have cut or low purity 2C-E (unlikely, I'd think, but possible). I'd still be looking at mirtazapine myself.

Where was that post from? Is it actual research or a subjective opinion? Seems odd to me from what I've read of mirtazapine interactions so would be good to know.

Interesting. That FAQ is quite old now and I wonder if any more research has been done since. The're's been some talk recently that some of the FAQs may need updating as most of them are getting on a bit now and there are a few possible inaccuracies therin. Wiki (yeah, I know it's only wiki) says the opposite and just about all the user reports of using MDMA/psyches on mirtazapine seem to suggest the same: reduced effects. Odd. Any of the more knowledgeable folks got any light to shed?

ye i know bud it definatly affected my experience

I mean from what ive read 50mg is a incredibly stupid dose, however I must add that I feel ok considering the hefty amount I took.

Ive heard of some people never feeling the same after doses close to 50mg region

anyone ever hear of markedly increased effects in people with decreased renal function? I know of one instance of this, and I'd imagine it may be the same for all 2c-x's, but haven't seen any literature on the subject

why are you on the mirtazapine? if i were on a prescribed neuromodifying drug, i would reconsider my 'need to trip' until finishing the course of medication. i assume there's a reason your doc wants to antagonize your 5ht receptors

why are you on the mirtazapine? if i were on a prescribed neuromodifying drug, i would reconsider my 'need to trip' until finishing the course of medication. i assume there's a reason your doc wants to antagonize your 5ht receptors

because i have been suffering/battling with depression for 7 years and for about 4-5 of these years i didnt use any medication which probably made things worse because I just got more n more depressed.

My doc said we cant rule out the option of staying on Mirtazapine for life.:\

Status
Not open for further replies.