• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3-Fluoromethcathinone (3-FMC)

neilios

Bluelighter
Hi guys - just a quick post as have already enquired about this substance in the Flephedrone Megathread.

Have noticed recently that on a report this substance has shown up in some legal highs (originally thought it was 4-FMC aka Flephedrone but the report claims this substance from analysis).

Just wanted basic info on this substance (i.e. toxicity etc.) even if hypothetical and potential contraindictions, thoughts etc. if possible,

thanks =D

xNx

Hi guys - just a quick post as have already enquired about this substance in the Flephedrone Megathread.

Have noticed recently that on a report this substance has shown up in some legal highs (originally thought it was 4-FMC aka Flephedrone but the report claims this substance from analysis).

Just wanted basic info on this substance (i.e. toxicity etc.) even if hypothetical and potential contraindictions, thoughts etc. if possible,

thanks =D

xNx

where is the report?

It won't let me post attachments but here is report (thanks to The Kid for supplying)

I have deleted sources, a bit hard to read as copied from PDF.

REPORTING FORM ON NEW
PSYCHOACTIVE DRUG
In accordance with Council Decision 2005/387/JHA of
10 May 2005 on information exchange, risk
assessment and control of new psychoactive
substances.
This section should be filled in by Europol or EMCDDA
Transmitted by Europol Transmitted by EMCDDA
Ref. nº: OEDT/EPI (08) D/30055 Date of transmission: 20/10/08
The following sections should be filled by the Europol National Units (ENU) or REITOX
National Focal Points (NFP) based on the information available and their respective
competences
1. Member State: UK
Ref. n°: Date:15 October 2008
Reporting authority:
ENU REITOX
2. Chemical name: 3-Fluoromethcathinone
Other name(s): The β-keto analogue of 3-fluoromethamphetamine; 2-methylamino-
1-(3-fluorophenyl)propan-1-one
Street name(s): Various
3. Source of information (fill one or more as appropriate)
Seizure(s) Specify amount (weight, number of tablets, etc.):
Seizing authority:
Date: Place:
Biological sample(s)1 Specify type:
Identifying authority:
Date: Place:
Collected sample(s)2 Specify amount (weight, number of tablets, etc):
Collecting authority: TICTAC Communications, Toxicology Unit, St. George’s
Hospital Medical School, London, SW17 0RE. Structure confirmed by synthesis of all three
isomers (2, 3 and 4- fluoromethcathinone) and by 1H, 13C and 19F NMR.
Date: August – September 2008 Place: Obtained as test purchases
from Internet suppliers. xxxxxxxx

Other substances present (if more than one case, specify for which one):
Psychoactive ingredients: None
Other ingredients: Products 2, 3, 4 and 5 contain caffeine
1 Biological (human) samples e.g. body fluids (urine, blood), tissues, hair, etc.
2 Actively collected by drug monitoring systems for monitoring or research purposes
Early-Warning System on New Psychoactive Substances Operating Guidelines
Annex III The EMCDDA-Europol Reporting Form
4. Physical description (in case of seizure/collection)
Product 1: Yellow Capsules Biorepublik
Form: powder tablet capsule liquid other (specify):
Colour: Yellow
For dosage unit: weight: diameter: shape: logo/markings:
433mg 19.1mm x 6.6mm
Product 2: White Capsules Biorepublik
Colour: White
391mg 18.8mm x 6.6mm
Product 3: Yellow/White Capsules Biorepublik
Colour: Yellow/white
303mg 18.9mm x 6.6mm
Product 4: Orange Capsules Biorepublik
Colour: Orange
405mg 19.1mm x 6.4mm
Product 5: Charge +
Colour: Undecided
A small plastic pot containing a ziplock bag that contains about 200mg powder. It is
labelled as "novelty bath salts not for human consumption".
Product 6: S.C.D.
Colour: White
470mg 18.7mm x 6.7mm
Product 7: High Spirit
Colour: Yellow
430mg 18.8mm x 6.7mm
Product 8: Lift Neorganics
Colour: Orange/white
370mg 18.8mm x 6.8mm
5. Circumstances: production trafficking distribution use
6. Price: retail (per dosage unit): wholesale:
€7-12 per item
7. Chemical precursors:
Not Known
8. Patterns of use:
Not Known
9. Other possible uses3:
Not Known
10. Effects in man
Not Known
Objectively observed:
Subjective (described by users):
11. Context of use
Not Known
User group(s):
Setting(s):
Availability at consumer level:
12. Indication on possible risks
Not Known
Health (individual):
Public health:
Social:
13. In case of production: large-scale small scale unknown
Has any form of organised crime been detected: yes no
14. In case of trafficking: large scale small scale unknown
national international
15. In case of distribution: large-scale small scale unknown
3 For example, for medical, industrial, ritual, cosmetic, etc., purposes

Was just looking for info on 3-FMC for safety/harm reduction purposes - in a way a little bit irresponsible for these companies to be selling this stuff to anyone without proper info on the substances,

Just wondered if people could give info on whether this product could potentially be as cardiotoxic as 4-MMC -

I am a bit concerned about Mephedrone at this stage after reading through all the posts/literature (even though I greatly enjoyed my first time with it, which incidentally was only ~100-200mgs - I will never take a bigger dose now after reading more).

For me a legal alternative would appear to be 3-FMC but is it safer?

Thanks,

Gut tells me this one isn't as toxic as Mephedron,could be clean sailing.In fav. stims thread,I remember one who described 3-F-amp as a wonderful stim.,or was it 2-f-amp?

3-halogen substitution reminds me of fenfluramine. Although fenfluramine has a pseudohalogen in the 3-position, but it is quite cardiotoxic.

3-FMC could possibly have issues with cardiotoxicity.

At least in the peer-review literature, this compound is totally unknown. All discussion about this compound's toxicity is therefore mere guessing.

- Murphy

No 3-FMC, but I heard a bioassay of 3-Fluoromethamphetamine: plain stimulant.

^ Quite a potent plain stimulant at that (personal report from someone who's had repeated doses - bioassay - of 3-fluoromethamphetamine). Comments from friend stated that it has all the crazxy potential of methamphetamine as well.

Probably best left on the shelf, or for those dying for a hit of stimulant

Thanks for that.

F&B -when you say 'dying' does that imply danger?! Why do you say should be put on shelf?!

Just wondering as really enjoyed this substance (potential coke substitute for me, not in effects but in terms of life style).

Thanks for info :)

3-FMC could be OK.

It is surprising that they opted for 3 over 4 because I thought that the starting material for 4 costs less money.

3-FMC could be OK.

It is surprising that they opted for 3 over 4 because I thought that the starting material for 4 costs less money.

My completely untrue tale is that a large mephedrone supplier is currently cornering the market for said precursor in an attempt to control the (very) profitable mephedrone synthesis market...

Is it me, or is anyone else noticing and becoming most uneasy at the increasing trend of unresearched (in terms of animal bioassays, Shulginesque human trials, or even in vitro checks for receptor affinities and neurotoxicity) 'research chemicals' hitting the market?

ebola

^ Yep, no bothering with potential harm it could cause, just finding something that feels good then punting it onto the market. I remember all the research that went into MDPV in that it was picked as being the least toxic of the pyrovalerone analogues (a drug that has undergone clinical trials & is still used in france AFAIK). The new ones being punted to the RC market have no close relatives that have gone through the myriad of trials required for a pharmaceutical, or even worse, are closely related to to drugs that were withdrawn for having really dodgy side effects.

The law of averages make me think that it's only a question of time before some unresearched/poorly researched compound gets released onto the RC market and causes a rash of fatalities or serious medical conditions such as Parkinson's.

Vendors had better get their act together & heed warnings or face a swoop by the powers that be to prevent a nasty compound from being circulated/distributed as they'll not sit by idly and watch hospital admissions rise & do fuck all; if they do, it's a good bet they'll throw the book at the vendors they decide to knock heads with

Was just looking for info on 3-FMC for safety/harm reduction purposes - in a way a little bit irresponsible for these companies to be selling this stuff to anyone without proper info on the substances,

As in my rant above, the great god Mammon is the driving force behind this - all praise the mighty dollar & fuck the rest

Shulgin self-experimented with alot of his new compounds.

Obviously some compounds are going to be safer or more dodgy than others.

He still will have tried compounds like PMA, etc etc even though they are considered dangerous.

Is it me, or is anyone else noticing and becoming most uneasy at the increasing trend of unresearched (in terms of animal bioassays, Shulginesque human trials, or even in vitro checks for receptor affinities and neurotoxicity) 'research chemicals' hitting the market?

ebola

Is it me, or is anyone else noticing and becoming most uneasy at the increasing trend of ever bigger idiots trying these compounds? (one can see everything from a different angle)

Is it me, or is anyone else noticing and becoming most uneasy at the increasing trend of ever bigger idiots trying these compounds? (one can see everything from a different angle)

the morons have now got access to materials which demand respect. Until china is shut down this situation will continue.

More to the point, idiots don't just try these compounds, they hammer them into the ground and then some, but guess which ones bleat the loudest when their knees turn purple & their toes drop off?