• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3-Fluoromethcathinone (3-FMC)

What the government should do is fund research into these research chemicals to determine the pharmacology and the health risks for the public's sake. Then the public can make an educated decision with this publicly funded science.

At some point humanity is going to completely explore the pharmacophores of everything, and see what just about every possible substitution can do to change the biological effects. Instead of playing catch up, why doesn't America take the lead in this category of scientific progress?

Show me one well to-do tax payer who would be even remotely okay with having their dollars go towards that.

The same people whose tax dollars are going towards research on MDMA, psilocybin, LSD, and cannabis?

Back to the title compound, obviously this is not recreational at all, but is there anything therapeutic to be gained from 3-FMC? For example as an anti-depressant (probably too short lived) or for increased concentration for improving your everyday performance, anything like that possible? Sexually stimulating? Otherwise we have to write it off. Anyone able to compare to Bupropion btw?

I would be more curious about 2-FMC as 2-Fluoroamphetamine appears to be a very clean stimulant, albeit only sparse information is available. But, then, why isn't straight 2-Fluoroamphetamine itself on the market if its so good? And who knows what N-methylation brings...

I do think the fluorinated PEA's are an interesting class of compounds (wondering why still none has tasted DOF yet!). All of them should be screened!

and would anyone else with experience with the pure compound please come forth and describe it?

i know some of you have it, and have tried it.

opinions?

I have it, but i havn't done much with it. the only time i took a real* dose of it, it was combined with weed, which i think probably substantially changed the character of it. Was quite surprised by it though, was rather enjoyable.
I'll update as i try it more, and on it's own.

I'm in a bit of a "too many drugs too little time" situation. I still havn't gotten around to testing the ethcat beyond threshold. Next weeks i'll be trying to get an idea of the effects of EthCat/3FMC vs Buphedrone (which i've taken a few times now), amphetamine and ephedrine (i have a large pre-ban bottle, can't believe i ever liked it). I have some mdpv too, that i've not tried even beyond threshold, because the threshold effects were none too pleasant.

*ie, above threshold, was still small dose by most standards. I tend to need smaller doses of stims than most.

DOF is probably much less active than DOC, which is less active than DOB/DOI, and none of the DOx's were considered particularly amazing. 2C-F is more than an order of magnitude less active than 2C-C.

Last edited:
A lot of people consider DOxs particularly amazing, many pointing to DOM in particular.

A lot of people consider DOxs particularly amazing, many pointing to DOM in particular.

Ah, yeah, i've heard almost nothing bad about DOM, it sounds like a real winner. I was thinking only of the 4-halo ones when i posted that, which i've heard far more negative than positive comments on.

I would be more curious about 2-FMC as 2-Fluoroamphetamine appears to be a very clean stimulant, albeit only sparse information is available. But, then, why isn't straight 2-Fluoroamphetamine itself on the market if its so good? And who knows what N-methylation brings...

Probably because they're illegal in Britain.

And then in the US under the analogue act too...but then again, we Yanks' 'illegal' analogues are like that cat in Schrodinger's box, a vendor brought to trial marking a peek in said box.

Further experiment with ~7-10 mg over 3 hours. I think Yopo hit the nail on the head when he described it as adderal without any euphoria whatsoever. Touch of chest pain after last dose.

Garbage drug. Might be useful at low doses as substitute for adderall for focusing (might be worth pharma researching it, as a non-abusable alternative to amphetamine).

Buphedrone kicks 3-FMC's ass.

Thumbs down on this one...

Edit: At least it didnt really have a bad comedown, then again, it didn't have a very impressive high either.

Last edited:
Is 3-FMC likely to have stronger affinity for dopamine reuptake over 4-mmc and buphedrone?

I'd think that the ratio of DA to NE reuptake would be more important, as would propensities to release vs. block reuptake. I'm rather clueless as to the pertinent SAR though...

ebola

Given the EC50 release numbers below comparing 3-FA with 4-MA. Is it logical to assume that 3-FMC compared to 4-MMC would also follow a similar increase in affinity for DA & NE?

DA/NA/5-HT
3-fluoro-amph: 24.2, 16.1, 1937
4-methyl-amph: 44.1, 22.2, 53.4

It sounds like 3-FMC sucks. I had 4-F-amphetamine, and it was not very good. I don't see why it's hard to see why 3-Cl-methcathinone would be superior in every way to 3-FMC. 3-Cl-methcathinone is a homologue of buproprion btw.

Is it logical to assume that 3-FMC compared to 4-MMC would also follow a similar increase in affinity for DA & NE?

It's the best logic that we have. Where did you get those numbers? DO WANT

ebola

It sounds like 3-FMC sucks. I had 4-F-amphetamine, and it was not very good. I don't see why it's hard to see why 3-Cl-methcathinone would be superior in every way to 3-FMC. 3-Cl-methcathinone is a homologue of buproprion btw.

IMO, 3-FMC is of no or little recreational value (theraputic? maybe).

Why would one suspect that 3-CMC would be any more interesting? That it's a homolog of a non-recreational drug does not make it sound any better to me!

I'll ask the same question I asked in this thread in EADD.
What compound is better (in your opinion) - Ethylcathinone or 3-FMC? What are common dosages for these stims?

Combining it with serotonin releasing chemical, MDAI for example, should produce some interesting results. Something similar to mdma maybe? This may increase neurotoxicity but i think it‘s worth trying.