• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3-Fluoromethcathinone (3-FMC)

I think it has more to do with the electronegativity of COOH.

I was trying to show (with lackluster rhetorical flourish) that the sole reason that people will ingest things things like mephedrone is the artificial lack of safer, legal alternatives.

ebola

Oh, I absolutely agree then. Seemed to be a misunderstanding on my side.

Say if I wanted to take an oral dose of 3-FMC, what do you think the absorption rate would be. Say, how many 'lines' of 3-FMC would go into a bomb? I'm talking about lines because the legal product called Charge doesn't state how much active ingredient is in it. Last time I snorted, I felt that about 0,5 gram (snorted all at once) got me properly high.

On a side note, Charge is WAY overpriced (30 pounds for a gram) but hey, it's still cheaper than coke and at least there's no levamisole and all that crap in it. Comedown wasn't that terrible either. Surely it made me pretty depressed for 2-3 hours but it cleared up quite quickly.

It's probably pretty diluted if a half gram intranasal was a good dose. If I were guessing from the data on fluorinated amphetamines, and I am, it's probably about half to one-third as potent as methcathinone, so an active dose should be in the range of 40-100mg

3-halogen substitution reminds me of fenfluramine. Although fenfluramine has a pseudohalogen in the 3-position, but it is quite cardiotoxic.

3-FMC could possibly have issues with cardiotoxicity.

It all depends on the 5HT2B affinity, which we won't know for sure about until it's assayed professionally. Trifluoromethyl groups are a bit peculiar, their electronegativity is somewhere between fluorine and chlorine and they are much bigger than either. The less electronegative a substitution in the 4-position the greater the affinity for the 5HTT and 5HT release. In amphetamine 3-Fluorination is selective for NE/DA release, while fenfluramine is selective for 5HT release.

INFLUENCE OF CHLORINE POSITION ON THE RING
In our initial studies, we observed no significant depletion of brain serotonin
16 hr after administration of either o-chloro- or m-chloroamphetamines, in
contrast to the marked depletion that occurred after injection of p-CA.' A more
careful analysis revealed that these compounds are, like amphetamine, rapidly
metabolized in the rat.22 The rat metabolizes amphetamine mainly by parahydroxylation,
and amphetamines that contain a substituent in this position
persist in the brain and other tissues much longer than does amphetamine
itself.23 Thus, the inability of the o-chloro and m-chloro compounds to affect
serotonin in rats, particularly at longer times, could be attributed to their failure
to remain in the brain at effective concentrations. The metabolic differences
between these chlorinated amphetamines in rats can be eliminated hy pretreatment
with desmethylimipramine or iprindole to block para-hydroxylation.
When that is done, m-chloroamphetamine lowers brain serotonin in exactly the
same manner as does p-CA. And, in the guinea pig, a species in which
para-hydroxylation of amphetamines does not occur, m-chloroamphetamine acts
like p-CA in lowering brain serotonin. o-Chloroamphetamine, on the other
hand, does not lower but, instead, increases serotonin concentration in
desmethylimipramine-treated rats and guinea pigs. Furthermore, the addition of an
o-chloro substituent to p-CA markedly diminishes its ability to lower brain serotonin,
although the reduction of 5-HIAA was perhaps even greater with
the dichloro compound. Since the dichloro compound is a more potent
rnonoamine oxidase inhibitor, this finding supports the idea that inhibition of
monoamine oxidase does contribute to the decrease of 5-HIAA caused by
these compounds.
Ray W. Fuller, "STRUCTURE-ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIPS AMONG THE HALOGENATED AMPHETAMINES" Annals New York Academy of Sciences 1978

My guess is that like with 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Fluorophenethylamine, the fluorine molecule is simply too electronegative and small to interact with 5HT receptors effectively.

Last edited:
A mate bought some over priced well known branded stuff. First thoughts were, very disappointing.

Started with 10mg insufflated, waited 15mins, no adverse reaction, so cracked on with 30mg. Then 5mins later another 40, 10mins later another 40. This is garbage, a slight feeling of having had a coffee.

Blow this, bomb capsule with 200mg. Then spend next 2 hours railing a further 250mg. About 600mg in total.

Similar to meph, but not as intense and much longer lasting without the same strong urge to redose.

Meph is kind of up in 5mins, flying for 30mins and crashing for 2 hours. With meph making sure to keep session dose below 300-400mg and being finished by 1am to sleep at 4am and feel vaguely human.

This took an hour to get going, was flying for 2 hours, relatively slow and softish landing. But the really crappy thing, totally awake at 6am, 5 hours after last line, with heart rate still at 120bpm (rest usually 57-60). In fact, didn't really feel able to sleep until 1pm next day. Tried sleeping at 4am, but just lay there for 6 hours. Lack of sleep makes everything crappy.

So, it's sort of like C, closer than meph is. And it's in some ways nicer than meph because its not so manic, not so up high down low in 30mins, so you don't have to spend every 10mins dosing. For the first 90mins it was ok to listen to some chilled music too, Counting Crows, which would not be possible on meph.

Having said that, would need to investigate how to avoid not being able to sleep!!!! And the price is at least 30% too high imho.

Maybe next time, bomb 150 and limit to further 200.

from the flephedrone thread:

Anyway, long story short, being a good friend he told me the truth with regards to the Blow, Charge+ etc. they sell.
Basically, he buys flephedrone (4-FMC) in bulk, cuts it 60:40 (fleph:inactive cut), make up 1 gram bags & just put different labels on all the bags!

In other words the Blow he sells isn't cut meph & the Charge+ he sells isn't cut 3-FMC. Both products are cut flephedrone (4-FMC)!

This suggests that 3-FMC does not even exist, they invented it?!?!?!?

So is this one entactogenic at all? Any kind of confirmation or citation regarding the "plain stimulant" claims?

I would certainly not expect it to have any entactogenic properties.

First off, the substituent is a florine, and secondly, the ring substituent is in the wrong place (3 vs 4 position), and nobody has said anything about it being entactogenic, and it's sold in some areas as parts of "legal highs" as a cocaine substitute.

I had about 0.2g in about 5 lines over an hourish. It was just a little confusing, very stimmy, high heart rate but no worrying palps, no empathy, very wobbly eyes and generally everything felt a little more intense, was on the wii at the time which was good fun. Found it to be fiendish tho, comedown wasnt great but it didnt seem to last very long which was a plus. Mainly just horrible guilty feeling. Friend who i was with had trouble with the comedown but after a bath he said he felt a lot better so... yeah. Probably worth saying i am pretty sensitive to stims. Found it to have less side effects than meph, but i have only done meph once. Still, meph did nothing but make me worried, shaky, sick and really really hot. Had around 150mg of meph when i tried it.

I'm having difficulty determining dosages here since it's unclear whether we're discussing pure 3-FMC or possibly cut "legal highs".

For the pure compound, what dosages are we looking at? Similar to buphedrone?

I had a legal high, but i was wondering how much it would be cut? I mean, it did say caffeine and some other stuff (it was Charge i think). it wasn't obviously cut, like, it looked like a single powder (i know this is a stupid thing to say), was a sort of a very light brown and sticky/clumpy which isnt like caffeine. I remember a lot of people saying it reacted funny when left out in the open air from an old legal high forum. But i guess there's not anyway of knowing really. It was also on that forum tho i think that i first read it was 3-FMC, a post which either was removed for some reason or i couldnt find when i looked again

I still want someone to say "flephedrone" in a Daffy Duck voice. Just once.

this induced quite a hearty lol...

My guess is that like with 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Fluorophenethylamine, the fluorine molecule is simply too electronegative and small to interact with 5HT receptors effectively.

My thoughts exactly, However DOEF is active, though i imagine the ethyl group plays a much larger role than the fluorine atom, but who knows...

Last edited:
^^^
forget DOEF, straight DOF is active at 8mg or less. i have not doubt given a mescaline level doses (500mg+) 2C-F will show full psychedelic activity, its would probably even be quite a nice chemical as the general pattern seems to be less tension/body load as you move up to the lighter halogens.

i wonder if anyone's taken doses that high? It might just not have caught on in the RC market due to its low potency. I'll have to look into that.

i have not doubt given a mescaline level doses (500mg+) 2C-F will show full psychedelic activity, its would probably even be quite a nice chemical as the general pattern seems to be less tension/body load as you move up to the lighter halogens.

IIRC, It was assayed to ~250 mg in the PiHKAL entry, but without even a threshold.

ebola

Hi,

I have just been given some 3-FMC (uncut) but can't find any info regarding the starting dose.

Does anyone have a start point they can share, please?

I was thinking about 100mg but i don't want to end up a mess, i just wanna have fun (if you get me).

Thanks in advance. :)