• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom First Time Help

w01fg4ng

Bluelighter
I am about to go pick up some Kratom (first time user here). I would rather not spend time making tea out it, so is it safe to just eat it whole (crushed and soaked of course) or maybe sub lingual or chewed? What is the quickest method here and is there anything I should avoid while on it?

Any quick tips would be greatly appreciated.

I think you will find that the taste is not something you will want to try sublingually. Its fine to just eat it...I usually try to get it down ASAP as I find it tastes gross as hell.

Capsules are alright but you can just eat it straight up. tastes like dirt though

I also been told not all Kratom sold is equal.
Some brands suck while others are very good. If you try one brand and arent getting much out of it switch to another brand. Keep trying brands till you find one thats good and then stick with it

Lost and Confused: You are right. Sublingual is out the question with Kratom.

Fresco: I think about getting clean capsules too, or just use water mix to drink.

cocacrazy: yep. like eatable dirt.

Anyone know if a grain alcohol extraction would work on these?

The Krats are chill......thank you
%)

Research Into Use of Kratom In Treatment of Opiate Addictions and Withdrawal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratom...Treatment_of_Opiate_Addictions_and_Withdrawal

Kratom is currently being researched for its potential use in the treatment of addiction to, and withdrawal from, opiates. While this has been a well known "street" remedy for a long time, its efficacy has recently been taken more seriously as a possible treatment for issues surrounding opiate abuse. However, the concurrent risks are not well known. Early research seems to indicate that the alkaloids in Kratom affect the same areas and receptors of the brain as many opiate based compounds, and are effective in replacing opiates during withdrawal. Research continues into these potentially useful alkaloids.[1][2][3]

kids, don't try this at home.

hilnap: sounds like tea is the NOT the way to go with Kratum, I mean 10g and nothing? Worthless. This stuff isn't cheap.

Fresco: This is a very interesting find (THANK YOU). I should have mentioned that I did have a very low dose of poppy straw (5g) right before I dosed the very low dose of Kratum (1g) and with moderate opiate tolerance.

All I have to say is wow. just holy fucking awesome wow. I'm gonna keep the rest of my Kratum for when my tolerance goes back down (hopefully I can make it a week at least!) and see how much it affects me without this 'magical' blend I stumbled upon.

I'm gonna use Kratom for getting me off the codeine. The first week of codeine withdrawal is the hardest, so if I take Kratom every day for 1 week I wont feel withdrawal and hopefully 1 week wont cause too much Kratom withdrawal either

Lots of cinnamon and a tiny amount of stevia work wonders when trying to make something with kratom. Add extracts to the leaf or take a blend(leaf plus extracts or whatever the vendor thinks of)... If you have tolerance plain leaf won't do much. I have discovered the easiest way to take kratom... Put a banana in a blender with a small amount of milk or yogurt(or water), add the kratom, cinnamon, stevia, a teaspoon or so of brown sugar, and a small pinch of some kava extract (makes it kinda numbing which is cool) then blend it up and consume fresh. Sometimes I don't have time so I'll make it less thick and blend it until it's watery and just drink it all at once. I can never taste the kratom when I make it like this.

My Kratom came in the mail today, I just popped about 500 mg of the 20X extract.
I took it in liquid and it actually numbs your mouth and gums a little

The 500 mg Kratom hit me but it feels like a mild caffeine buzz.
Probably not enough so I took another 1 gram

The additional 1 gram hit me, its a very mild buzz. Nothing special

Tomorrow I'm gonna try regular non-extract powder. Probably start at 5 grams or so

I said fuck it so I took another 5 grams of the non-extract powder just now.

Will post back in 30 minutes when it hits me

The 5 grams of non-extract Kratom has just hit me, very nice mellow buzz.
Almost exactly like codeine, but a bit speedier and generally different in a way thats hard to describe.

Pretty good though, I like it

I didnt like the 15X extract at all. But the plain powder works beautifully.
The stuff I got is called 'Golden Indo Kratom Powder', you can google it.

I took 5 grams, dissolved it into hot water, added some koolaid to mask the taste and bingo, I'm feeling groovy.

I'm gonna try adding it to vodka and see if my stomach will absorb that even better

The Kratom doesnt taste nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
It has a green tea type taste.

Also its best to take it on empty stomach, it tends to cause mild nausea if taken with food

If you wanna sleep around midnight I suggest you take a dose no later than 6PM.
It takes 6 hours for it to get out of your system.

Once you do sleep its good and refreshing