View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine - first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's klean ket then 100-150mg would probably be enough to fall down a big ol' k-hole. Definitely best to start on the low side cos they're quite the experience - good to work your way up to it and get a feel for the landscape cos it's a bit of a strange one 8o

There's also The Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread in PD for all you ketamine needs :)

I really think 100mg would be too much.

I'm pretty sure if you had 100mg of pure ketamine, for someone with no tolerance to it, you could get several doses out of it.

I think Too Many Doses' idea of ~50mg is more accurate.

This is far too much for a first time user. :\

Don't start with 100mg lines. I recommend starting out with bumps about 1/4 that size and working your way up. [25mg is about a threshold dose, which means you will feel it and get a taste for it off that amount.]

AND DO NOT TAKE THE WHOLE GRAM!

Good advice JC.

okay :) i'll do small bumps of around 30-40mg and build up :p by the way, whenever i've sniffed drugs in the past i have always done it in lines. What do people mean by 'bumps'?

Also my friend wants to know how bad the side affects are for K compared with weed. Thanks

of course i'm going to redose if it turns out well :D :D so if i'm fine and having a good time after about 50-100mg, it would be okay to k-hole? (remember this is my first time) By the way, you have no idea how much i want to try this right now haha

You won't want to K hole your first time.

You can't really compare drug side effects to each other, they are unique. However, if you space your K experiences out by a week or longer, you should be fine.

People mean "bumps" as in as long as it is wide, whereas a line is about 10, 20, 50 times longer than it is wide. Does that make sense?

Ketamine is a drug which is a lot more potent than the crap-quality cocaine that UK sees, for example.

Yeah what do people mean by bumps? And what would u feel if u only did a bump of k ?

Bumps just means a small amount really. Small lines are the same thing. Assuming you're not going to be weighing it, I'd say around an inch or so and pretty thin as a very rough guide.

Side effects are mainly being very unco-ordinated (walking can be difficult even on a fairly small amount,) nausea and feeling generally dopey for a few hours afterwards. Nothing too unpleasant :)

I really think 100mg would be too much.

I'm pretty sure if you had 100mg of pure ketamine, for someone with no tolerance to it, you could get several doses out of it.

I think Too Many Doses' idea of ~50mg is more accurate.

That's what I said - 100-150mg if you want to hole but take it up in stages. As s/he is in the UK it will most likely be uncut - ket is one of the few drugs here that is konsistently top-notch in terms of quality and reliability so it's reasonable to base dosing on it being pure :)

Is it crystal or powder ket, incidentally? If it's crystal then you need to crush it very well or it'll shred your nose :|

On a bump there shouldn't be much nausea. Depends on how big your bumps are though ;)

I never get nauseous on ket but it's a common side-effect for many. Alcohol is often a contributing factor - ket and alcohol is not a pleasant combination for most (not too safe either) so best avoided. Other than that nausea is an individual thing - some get a bit, some get it bad and some don't get it at all :)

On a bump there shouldn't be much nausea. Depends on how big your bumps are though ;)

i have had nausea twice with weed and both have been due to drinking alcohol at the same time, so i wont be doing that with K. Other than that i have never felt sick when having weed. Does this mean i am more likely not to experience nausea when having K?

Nioce im thinking of trying some . . .I hav sme the vets use . So im guessing decent quality . . . People say bumps can make you feel like your in a dream state ? Like when u walk u feel like ur floating ?

That's what I said - 100-150mg if you want to hole but take it up in stages. As s/he is in the UK it will most likely be uncut - ket is one of the few drugs here that is konsistently top-notch in terms of quality and reliability so it's reasonable to base dosing on it being pure :)

Is it crystal or powder ket, incidentally? If it's crystal then you need to crush it very well or it'll shred your nose :|

Yeah, I'm glad that pure K is coming around here too. %)

Read my post when I say bump I put a mg amount. ~50mg is a fat bump its usually like 25mg which I beleive shambles pointed out aswell.

2,000 post!

Does this mean i am more likely not to experience nausea when having K?

If you do a lot, you could get nauseous. But, smaller doses shouldn't make you "as" nauseous. There's always the possibility of it though.

Read my post when I say bump I put a mg amount. ~50mg is a fat bump its usually like 25mg which I beleive shambles pointed out aswell.

2,000 post!

Yeah, pure K is very very strong.

Happy 2000th post man.

i have had nausea twice with weed and both have been due to drinking alcohol at the same time, so i wont be doing that with K. Other than that i have never felt sick when having weed. Does this mean i am more likely not to experience nausea when having K?

No way of knowing that - really is completely individual. It's often best to lay back in a chair or lay down completely on moderate-high doses of ket cos it can make you feel quite seasick if you try moving about too much. This is another good reason for taking it steady and going up slowly :)

People say bumps can make you feel like your in a dream state ? Like when u walk u feel like ur floating ?

That's a pretty good description actually :)

The ketwalk/shuffle is unmistakable =D

^Good advice. Dont try to walk around when super high, the feeling is like a really weird vertigo and can lead to projectile vomiting ;).

Edit: refering to shambles

Last edited:
I think it will be powdered ket but im not 100% sure. How many times would a gram get two beginners high would you say? and when i say high i mean k holing :)

^ That's exactly what I did my first time. Me and Mrs Shambles got a gram, accidentally holed and kept on holing till it was gone. Took us about 12 hours to get through it - maybe 6 or 7 holes each? Can't remember but there is a cumalative effect - it builds up in your system - so it's pretty easy to keep diving in at first. Tolerance builds fairly quickly though so doesn't stay that way for long :\

Hey Shambles, do you want this thread? I'll move it to PD if you want to.

In PD it would probably be closed an Meeples pointed in the direction of the Ketamine thread and Beginners Guide anyway so probably better either here or maybe in BDD perhaps? I just like to stick my oar in when ket is being discussed :D

So taking a bump wont put you in a dreamlike state? ? It will just make u dizy leading to throwing up?

Taking a small bump gets you feeling more drunk than tripped out, now 2 or 3 and you'll be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.