• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Will these antipsychotics safe to combine with MDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docus

Bluelighter
Are antipsychotics safe to combine with MDMA? will they interfere with my roll, and if so, is it safe to stop taking them a few days prior to taking MDMA in order to roll??

I am currently on Deanxit (flupentixol 1mg + melitracen 20mg) and 50mg Amisulpride daily. This is part of a low-dose antipsychotic treatment in order to treat chronic tinnitus (ringing in the ears) caused by noise trauma. I am not taking them because of problems with schizophrenia, psychosis, depression or anything.

Any advice from on what to do here?

The anti-psychotics would block the effects of MDMA i would think. Also since Melitracen is a tricyclic anti-depressant (never heard of that one before) it could mess with your heart if you take it with E. Tricyclics are cardiotoxic well alot of them are paticularly amitriptyline but i have no idea about this one. Plus since it probably acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor it would also block the effects of MDMA.

I honestly wouldnt go off these meds if you need them. Also im not sure how long it would take for the effects of these drugs to wear off so you could roll.

I concur with Paraniod_Andriod, antipsychotics are generally "heavy hitters" in drug classes and even though you are taking relatively low doses your plasma levels may have peaked.

Primarily your medications operate on dopamine rectors the "pleasure centres" of the brain, although the effects on 5HT receptors is not reported, 5HT being such a prevalent NT cannot be dismissed in this instance.

Is this treatment working for your tinnitus?

Is risking possible negative effects and or reversal of your treatment worth getting high for a few hours?

You are not my patient so the decision is yours...

Play with fire and you will get burned

I used mdma during my stay with antipsychotics with no problem. If you take the meds regularly already and you do not feel any effect from them, aka tolerance, then they will not affect your roll.

Except when you come down from the roll, you might need to take the meds. I found returning to reality much more difficult while on those..

At the same time... It's really honestly IMO an extremely risky decision. You could mess your psychological self up prettttyy bad.

Primarily your medications operate on dopamine rectors the "pleasure centres" of the brain, although the effects on 5HT receptors is not reported, 5HT being such a prevalent NT cannot be dismissed in this instance.

They are somewhat working for my tinnitus, though tolerance develops and I have had to up my dose once already. I'm awaiting definitive treatment (electromagnetic brainwave therapy or some shit like that), after wich these antipsychs would no longer be necessary so I guess I'll just refrain from using MDMA 'till then.

Now, for another question, do you think dextro-amphetamine could mess up the antipsychotics' action? I used it once now without stopping the meds, and the tinnitus seems to have gotten slightly worse, though that might as well be a consequence of outside factors (going to a noisy bar without having earplugs on me, bought a new equalizer), I can't be sure. What do you guys think?

Dexamphetmaine and all stimulants (even caffiene) will make your tinnitus worse, the stimulants increase muscle tension in the inner ear causing pressure disturbances to be registered as sound (ringing).

I have also same question spesifically with flupentiksol.
Will it block or mess up something with other drugs and what drugs?

Forget safe, question whether there's any point instead (antipsychotics + entactogens/psychedelics = nothing happens as the antipsychotic antagonizes the effect)

Hi and first off all if you on anti-psychotics it should be for a reason and taking drugs is just going to make things worse .....
BUT if you are like me and are on Zuclopenthixol a bit like risperidone
you should be fine "you will not die "
have a good time dont be scared

Forget safe, question whether there's any point instead (antipsychotics + entactogens/psychedelics = nothing happens as the antipsychotic antagonizes the effect)

that's not true i've taken mdma several times while i was on olanzapine and it got me high...the effect is just a bit diminished, in fact mostly antipsychotics are competitive antagonist for DA and 5HT and get displaced by high concentrations of these...another thing is the combination with SSRI in that case almost nothing should happen, a friend of mine snorted a line of mdma while on paroxetine and said he didn't get any effect

Last edited:
in this case one should get an high eliminating the melitracen, though i'm not advising this

At no point should you take any psychodelics with antipsychotics. Most antipsychotics already state in the side effects that you will be susceptible to extreme temperatures and to constantly hydrate. Lsd, mdma, etc. Does the same thing so you can overheat real quick before you have the chance to hydrate. It would be extremely unfortunate to risk it even if you could get something out of it. Also, your medication probably takes a while to get in your system so it's not as easy as skipping a pill to be off of it. Your body still carries it for awhile. From my own personal experience, it took me 2 months to have it completely out of my system. It's a different case for each person though.

depends depends depends. on which AS and what dosage.

For example a high dose of seroquel could potentially be a disaster as it can be a antagonist of particular serotonin receptors, this can be a very complicated problem that can result in psychosis. just one example.

Hey, sry for resurrecting an old thread but, can you offer a bit more info, like for how long have you been on olanzapine, did you skip your meds at any time,did you take a higher dose of mdma?

that's not true i've taken mdma several times while i was on olanzapine and it got me high...the effect is just a bit diminished, in fact mostly antipsychotics are competitive antagonist for DA and 5HT and get displaced by high concentrations of these...another thing is the combination with SSRI in that case almost nothing should happen, a friend of mine snorted a line of mdma while on paroxetine and said he didn't get any effect

Hey, sry for resurrecting an old thread but, can you offer a bit more info, like for how long have you been on olanzapine, did you skip your meds at any time,did you take a higher dose of mdma?

i didn't skip olanzapine, but sure i used to take large amounts of mdma, but mostly because of tolerance building up. i remember doing mdma everyday for a week, until i didn't get any (positive) effects anymore and finally decided to quit lol not something that i advise. i also stopped taking olanzapine because i came back "normal" after i quitted abusing mdma =D

it was 4 years ago so i don't remeber very well but i was on olanzapine for 6 months at least

Status
Not open for further replies.