• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How Long Does Smoking Heroin Last?

muie

Bluelighter
The H I got is very good quality, it's white colour and definatley not brown tar though sometimes I have stuff that looks silverish to off-whiteish. I have never tried snorting the H but i'm very tempted.

Tolerence wise, it takes me about 25mg-40mg oxycodone to get nodding espcially if I smoke some weed/hash with it though I can still 'feel' 10mg-15mg. This H there is now is measured on a 3 point scale and a usual dose on tin foil is in between 10mg-15mg so I assume that qualifies as pure. As well I used to smoke fentanyl so I know its not fentanyl as it doesn't taste/feel the same.

So I got a few questions; considering the quality of the product and considering there is no way I going to even touch a needle,

1. How long does smoking a dose of H last? (looked pretty much everywhere and couldn't find the answer to this)

2. How effective is snorting? ex: what suggested dose would you recomand based on the facts I gave you regarding quality?

3. Which is better? Snorting v.s. Smoking?

4. How long does snorting a dose of H last?

Thanks!

Onset : 5 - 10 seconds
Peak Onset : 10 minutes
Peak Duration : 5 - 6 minutes
Duration : 3 - 5 hours

Thats for smoked heroin. Blissful Thinking got the best site.

Snorting is way better, you get a longer duration, and a longer peak.

The effects aren't instantaneous like smoking, but they're definitely worth the come up time.

Yea definitely snort it, Smoking it is a shorter high and I don't think its as good or any better than snorting. With snorting you come up in a few minutes, plateau for a very pleasant hour or so then slowly come down, but you can still feel it like 3 hours after snorting.

I always liked smoking it more but I was dealing with Tar which I always though was god awful nasty to mix with water and snort. 90% of my friends who didn't IV preferred to snort it for cost purposes but I always was the lone smoker in the group. I preferred the instant high almost rush you get from smoking. Even though in my opinion, snorting truly lasts a decent amount longer. I used to just buy more then my friends and when I'd feel it fading i'd just smoke some more. Eventually I went down the IV path like most people but I definitely had a longer run (1-2 years) smoking then any other ROA of ingesting heroin. It was my preferred method. Effects were instant and I'd feel high for a good 2-3 hours depending on the quality.

Snorting is way better, you get a longer duration, and a longer peak.

The effects aren't instantaneous like smoking, but they're definitely worth the come up time.

Never did smack but snorting anything is better if you ask me. I also think it has a higher bio this way.

1. How long does smoking a dose of H last? (looked pretty much everywhere and couldn't find the answer to this)I'd say that it lasts about an hour, at least for the majority of the euphoria. Residual sleepiness lasts a little longer for some. For me its more residual excitation, since for whatever reason, I get stimulated from opiates. However whenever I re-dosed and smoked more within that hour, the main effects would last a bit longer, about 2-3 hours, so for me at least, the whole is more than the sum of its parts.

2. How effective is snorting? ex: what suggested dose would you recomand based on the facts I gave you regarding quality?I have always thought it was more effective since you don't lose any, which you risk with smoking.

3. Which is better? Snorting v.s. Smoking? I'd say snorting, since its a bit more efficacious and seems to last a bit longer for me.

4. How long does snorting a dose of H last? Around a couple hours, but the peak effects are over within 30-90 minutes unless you redose.

Just to further reinforce what everyone else has been posting, snorting is defiantly "more bang for your buck". Smoking heroin was never an exceptionally better high, IMO, and you end up using alot of in the process. Obviously, IV is going to be your "best" ROA, but between snorting and smoking, I would recommend snorting.

Opioids & (Over)excitation THEORY

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this post!!

After a bit more experimentation I will say I have come to agree with the general opinion here that its more bang for your buck with snorting.

I got to say however for whatever reason I think a high from smoking heroin is much more euphoric, uplifting (among the lines of oxy, fentanyl and those synthethic-semi synthethic opioids) and social compared to snorting which to me is more sedating, itchy, stoning and not giving a fuck rather wanting to socialize.

Snorting provides a more traditional high most similar to morphine while smoking gives an extra pushy/dopamine and outgoing (some would say fiendish) feeling, in my opinion.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this post!!

After a bit more experimentation I will say I have come to agree with the general opinion here that its more bang for your buck with snorting.

I got to say however for whatever reason I think a high from smoking heroin is much more euphoric, uplifting (among the lines of oxy, fentanyl and those synthethic-semi synthethic opioids) and social compared to snorting which to me is more sedating, itchy, stoning and not giving a fuck rather wanting to socialize.

Snorting provides a more traditional high most similar to morphine while smoking gives an extra pushy/dopamine and outgoing (some would say fiendish) feeling, in my opinion.

I posted a thread you can find below with my theory on opioid induced (over)stimulation/exciation which I hope will be in agreement with other experts in this field.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8650564#post8650564

Last edited:
2 hours of the peak and a few hours of residual sedation and warmth.

When my tolerance was at its lowest (scoring once a week) just under a half gram would keep me wasted all weekend when smoked on foil and accompanied with a few joints. The joints really do make a huge difference and I was smoking the piss poor excuse for gear that we get here in Glasgow...