• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

Try using indian tonic water (the stuff you mix with gin) instead of cold water to prepare your kava drink. Serve chilled.

;)Tastes so much better...

I've been a Kava drinker for years and really have come to love the stuff. It is definitely an acquired taste and the effect is quite subtle, but oh what a nice way to relax after a stressful day.

I like to prepare my Kava by using coconut water. That is the traditional method that Kava is prepared on many islands in the Pacific and using coconut water also makes a major improvement over the taste of the Kava.

And I agree with the others here who say that using fresh ground Kava root is the best way to enjoy it. The pills and extracts just do not measure up to preparing a good bowl of ground Kava root, plus, you get the (in my opinion) pleasurable mouth and throat numbing effect from drinking the ground root.

Last edited:
So Kava can be found at head shops? I think I read something about it, I have no way of ordering anything online cause i have no credit card, so what are the best places to get it from in person?

I have no way of ordering anything online cause i have no credit card

Have you considered getting a 'pre-paid' card? Works just like an ordinary credit card except you have to have to put the money on it before you can spend it, hence no status needed....anyone can get one. You don't even need a bank account, you just 'top it up' like a phone card.

Sorry if thats slightly off-topic, but I thought it worth mentioning. Not being able to order goods online is a pain in the arse lol

Last edited:
Ok normaly organic produce shops sell all kinds of herbal pills and shit. You can look around for the kava extracts. They usualy come in capsule form but most places cary the liquid. The liquids the best imo. It can get pricey bout 20 a pop. It hits u alot quicker than the caps and they have 60%kavatones.

All I can get hold of, I believe, are the Kava Kava capsules.

If the capsules are: Kava (root) 250 mg (30% kavalactones; 75mg)

How many do I need to take?

Ok my capsules are the same I think. Well to start off you don't want to take more than 10, I don't know if you have any history of liver problems, or anything like that in your family. To be safe I would start with 4, it takes me about 20-30mins for the capsules to kick in, as it only takes the liquid 1-5 mins.
I have busted the capsules open before and parachuted the powder before. You gotta make sure all the shit goes down and not let the TP break in your mouth or your breath is going to smell like fucking monkey grass.
I don't see why you cant take kava without beer or a mixd drink. All the extract/liquid is is pure grain alcohol. I wouldn't recommend taking shots of liquor and taking the caps, maybe like a beer or something.

What is the brand name that you bought? Are they Gel caps, or does it look tannish? Does it smell like? strong/weak?

Be carfulL!

the warnings r false

the fda"warning"from the side of a bottle sold in the us that waz posted at the beginning of this thread iz complete b.s. eventually the fda statrts sum crap about most nething that helps u feel better although a few other countrys started saying b.s. about kava several years ago 2.the liver stuff iz completely false,kava iz very safe google "kava liver reports proven false"and ull find that.it was a little study in germany that waz proven false that started the whole thing.many think the company that makes prozac started the study.NE1 CAN BUY KAVA regardless of there age.5 year olds drink it in hawaii its purfectly safe.people who feel they have add have used it 2 help that.im pro intoxication lol,but kava does not intoxicate it mostly relaxes muscles cauzes sum mood elevation ,and haz many benifits.and yes a drink of the powder tends 2 work best.

the fda"warning"from the side of a bottle sold in the us that waz posted at the beginning of this thread iz complete b.s. eventually the fda statrts sum crap about most nething that helps u feel better although a few other countrys started saying b.s. about kava several years ago 2.the liver stuff iz completely false,kava iz very safe google "kava liver reports proven false"and ull find that.it was a little study in germany that waz proven false that started the whole thing.many think the company that makes prozac started the study.NE1 CAN BUY KAVA regardless of there age.5 year olds drink it in hawaii its purfectly safe.people who feel they have add have used it 2 help that.im pro intoxication lol,but kava does not intoxicate it mostly relaxes muscles cauzes sum mood elevation ,and haz many benifits.and yes a drink of the powder tends 2 work best.

Yeah I know what you mean, it all makes since... The kava "extract" tells me: Contains certified organic grain alcohol (83-93%) and Kava extractives.
Ok does anyone notice that something funny is going on? If kava is so bad for your liver, why mix it with fucking pure grain alcohol! I still want to be safe and not even try to take super high dose's.

I make a nice cocktail, 60 drops of the liquid extract(with fresh brew kava), and 4 capsules. It really just puts me in chill mode, since I can't/don't smoke weed, this is the closest thing that I've found to it that's legal.

There are a couple hookah bars around me that sell kava drinks. Has anyone had experience with these? I think my friend has some "Kava Kava" pills from the vitamin store, which am I better off trying, the kava at the hookah bar or in the vitamin store pills?

There are a couple hookah bars around me that sell kava drinks. Has anyone had experience with these? I think my friend has some "Kava Kava" pills from the vitamin store, which am I better off trying, the kava at the hookah bar or in the vitamin store pills?

Get the kava kava drink dude, if it's a legit place your kava brew is going to look like old coconut milk(white cloudy and smell funny) I don't know how freash it is, but if it's a kava bar then they should be making their own drinks.
Ask for some cinnamon mix'd with it, it makes it taste A Lot better.
Enjoy!

I seriously doubt you will feel anything from Kava capsules.

kava is kava dude, weather its just in a capsule, powder, or liquid. It may not be like the freash shit when they pull the kava from the earth, but it has all came from the exact same place. So it's not like your getting the scraps of kava because there is no such thing.
If all you have is capsules, break em all open. Check out this kava video in how to make kava tea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWU93hMPrA
good luck bro! enjoy!

kava is kava dude, weather its just in a capsule, powder, or liquid. It may not be like the freash shit when they pull the kava from the earth, but it has all came from the exact same place. So it's not like your getting the scraps of kava because there is no such thing.
If all you have is capsules, break em all open. Check out this kava video in how to make kava tea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWU93hMPrA
good luck bro! enjoy!

I disagree. I've had capsules and tinctures and they pale in comparison to kava tea made from kava root powder.

Kava?

Someone told me that Kava Kava pills that you can pick up from any health food store can calm anxiety in social situations. Anyone know anything about this?

Kava sold in an health food store never worked for my anxiety. But you can order Kava root that's powdered online that works for anxiety. <snip> it was cheap and it felt like a benzo. Search around next time though, this is a basic question with basic answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 ozes of grounded root coming guys. What is a good dose and preparation for this?

What is "Kava-Kava"?- "Piper methysticum" also known as "Kava-Kava". Kava-Kava is a member of the pepper family Piperaceae and has widely been used by South Pacific societies for more than three thousand years. In many of these societies, the term "kava" means bitter, sour or sharp. Piper methysticum means "intoxicating pepper" Kavalactones in the "Kava-Kava" is what produces the physiological effects.

How do I take Kava-Kava? First I want to say that "Kava-Kava" comes in all shapes and size's. You can buy the root alone, and crush it into a powder, and make a tea. You can find it in a liquid extract form, high concentration, and mixed with pure grain alcohol (83-93%!) You can find it in a capsule form, pre-made "tea-bags"(tazo tea's), and most head shops sell Kava-Kava in plastic containers mix'd with flavors,(such as koolaid flavors).

What are the effects of Kava-Kava?- The effects of drinking kava include slight tongue and lip numbing due to the contraction of blood vessels in these areas, milk talkative and euphoric behavior, calming, a sense of well-being, clear thinking and relaxed muscles. Sleep is restful and there are no after-effects the next day.

Is Kava-Kava Safe?-(I'll read what it saies on the side of my kava-kava bottle). CAUTION: FDA advises that a potential risk of rare, but severe, liver injury may be associated with kava. Ask a healthcare professional before use if you have, or have had, liver problems, frequently use of alcoholic beverages, or are taking any medication. Stop use and see a doctor if liver symptoms occur (unusual fatigue, abdominal pain, appetite loss, dark urine, pale stools, yellow eyes or skin). Not for use by persons under 18 years of age, or by pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not take with alcoholic beverages. Excessive use may impair ability to drive, or operate machinery.

Is it legal? It is legal in the USA.
Other places please check to see the legal status of kava in your country!
*snip*

Where do I find Kava-Kava? Well since it is against bluelight rules for me to post exactly any websites that sell it. I can tell you that Kava can be found at organic food shops.

Please feel free to post any questions, concerns, or experinces with kava-kava!
:)

You're not allowed to post sources such as this. I just clicked on the link and they supply Kava.

Last edited by a moderator: