• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

with that said kava is what it is, its kava, if you are expecting it to feel like heroin you are going to be let down.

damn, who would get their hopes up like that? lol, kava v. heroin...kava can't really even compete with any benzos, in my opinion and experience.

Ok so I took my dose of kava tonite (sampler pack first 2 doses of Fiji) after first dose felt relaxed n slightly talkative. As I came down I redosed 1/2 original dose with Fiji. Half the effects. Then shit got weird. I drank bout 3 more doses bout 3/5 the original dose but of venuatu kava. After first 1-2 I got stimulant effects so I redosed trying to calm down thinking it was something else. About 15 min after last dose I felt like a full fledged panic attack n it was more in my stomach than my heart. As far as I could tell my HR wasn't high but I def felt like I was gunna have a heart attack. After 3 valerian root caps n a benadryl n purging I feel 75% better. Anyone have this experience b4? N yes I kno the dose amount was dumb but kava is sposed to b benzo like - not feel like a 12 hr coke binge lol.

Does anyone have any experience with Thompsons brand Kava tablets? They contain 60mg per tablet, I've been thinking of getting back into Kava. I realize that a lot of people say the roots are better, but I'm unsure if I'm allowed to import them into Australia since the laws changed.

The capsules are very inneffective even at large doses I expect the most you'll find is a placebo effect IME. One think I noticed b4 experiencing imported powdered root was the teabags with kava seemed to actually work around 2-3 bags or cups, relieved anxiety from PAWS (post acute withdrawal), however it was nothing close to the root method I use now. It's a night and day difference. With kava it's a very relaxing mellow but talkative buzz initially. And after about 45m-1hr it fades and your left feeling very tired but still semi relaxed. Although I often experience a headache after as well as a hangover the following morning. Still very impressive for a legal herbal high. It's like the benzo version of kratom IME. As far as Australian law here is what erowid says which checks out with other sources as well.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_law.shtml

Hope this helps!

Kava is legal to possess & sell in Australia, but it is illegal to import into Australia without a license, it is "Schedule IV" in the import laws: AU Import Regulations.
Comment about Australian Kava Law, by Torsten of Shaman Australius, October 2001:
"It was once given to Aboriginees to help get them off alcohol. Some liked it a little too much and started getting health problems from it, so it was scheduled as a drug. We don't have different levels of scheduling like the US, but we have provisions for licenses for any drug. It is very easy to get a kava license. The government just wants to be able to track volumes and trading sources. It is completely illegal in one state. Due to our multicultural make-up there are special provisions that you are allowed to carry 3 months supply on your person into the country. It is also freely available in Islander and Fiji shops. No problem getting it really, it's just the wholesale is a bit dodgy."

Just a little feed back on kava kava.
Took 10g = 1 big spoon of 40% kavalactone extract from a well known source.
Felt the same as 3-4 beers, just a little more inconfortable on the stomach.
Same very little headache in the morning.
If you are muslim and want to know what alcool is like, you can try kava kava, otherwise no point at all to try it, as it is fare less tasty then a good pina colada.

Does anyone have any experience with Thompsons brand Kava tablets? They contain 60mg per tablet, I've been thinking of getting back into Kava. I realize that a lot of people say the roots are better, but I'm unsure if I'm allowed to import them into Australia since the laws changed.

Yes I have a bottle of it and it really doesn't do all the much unless you take a lot more then the reccomended dose, I have had 4 today and felt a little more relaxed, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack so I had 2 tablets and then an hour later another 2 more, it calmed me down, it wasn't placebo though, just very very mild, so now I am trying to figure out what other kava you can get in australia as the thompsons brand seem like the only one! Finally found something that might help my anxiety and the stupid fucking government bans impotation.

If anyone wants to PM me of an online vendor or somewhere I can get some good quality kava here in Australia I will be very very greatful (I don't know if this is against the rules, and to be honest I don't care I'm sick of this bullshit anxiety!)

I think the substance is pretty much hit or miss. It just doesn't work for some people for some reason. Even for the people that it works for, it is not exactly a recreational drug. It just induces a subtle feeling of relaxation.

I don't quite agree with the above. Kava can definitely be used as a recreational drug for some people at higher doses. Take 8-10 table spoons of ground powder with lukewarm water and you'll be in a dreamy, serene, happy mood with something resembling euphoria - you'll be in great spirits and contented....without the problem of guilt off having taken an illegal drug.. IMHO opinion it beats alcohol, diazepam and even low-dose oxycodone (up to 15mgs) any day!!!!

With regards to anxiety and vis-a-vis diazepam, high-dose diazepam will definitely put you to sleep faster and help your anxiety, but it is more chemical, unnatural in feel. I would never describe valium as a rewarding experience, but this can be said of kava.

Out of all the drugs I've ever taken only kava and heroin gave me a true sense of happiness (H is of course is in a different league, much heavier....insta nod in high doses!!!)

Just a little feed back on kava kava.
Took 10g = 1 big spoon of 40% kavalactone extract from a well known source.
Felt the same as 3-4 beers, just a little more inconfortable on the stomach.
Same very little headache in the morning.
If you are muslim and want to know what alcool is like, you can try kava kava, otherwise no point at all to try it, as it is fare less tasty then a good pina colada.

Kava vs alcohol

well, booze is far more intoxicating and also feels way more damaging to one's body...I mean come on.....ever had 100% alcohol poured over a wound for disinfection purposes??? I try to avoid booze as it just a friggin poison. Kava is way better and you don't run the risk of mood swings and aggression.

I rate kava 9 out of 10, alcohol 6 out of 10 (unpredictable, toxic)

You can try mixing it with other sedatives too -- it tends to play well with others. I'd never had memory loss from pregabalin before (only thing that gives me amnesia ever is benzos, which are so bad for that that I don't even take them ever). The one thing I don't like much is the nausea that seems to come with it for me, but in any case the use of it is much healthier feeling than say, alcohol.

excellent post. Agree about the healthier feeling and the amnesia from benzos. I binged on Valium for a couple of weeks a while ago and I really have problems recollecting what went on back then. Stick away from benzodiazepines unless you have an acute panic attack (and only take it occasionally in any case)

im just on em right now....to feel an ok buzz you'd need about 8 of those Thompsons....start with 4 and the add another 2a go if it doesnt kick.

Question about the powdered root kava..

Would it lose potency if I just eat the powder instead of doing the cold water extraction thing?

^^ I know that traditionally, whole fresh kava root has been chewed to good effect, but I'm not sure about powdered dried root. Dried roots that have been sitting around for a while will typically have lost potency over time, much more so at that if they've been ground into a powder.

i purchase mine from a local herbalist (powdered root) and use: 1/2 cup kava, 2 cups water, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp veg oil, and a dash of cinnamon. Mix in blender for ~4 minutes and strain out and drink.

Yeah kava is a great mixer with almost any drug,
especially anxiety-inducing ones such as jwh-018, or weed for that matter

Obviously kratom is ideal, but both could possibly be more ideal. I guess ill see if i can scrape together the money for some and try both. But i can hardly afford kratom right now so i doubt thats happening.