• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

Were you making it with cold water? Because heat destroys the kavalactones, thus rendering it useless.

Yeah kava isn't really meant to be a tea at all. If you are using the powder I always just mixed it n a bottle of water from a water fountain and chug it all down quickly cause it's nasty.
It has gotten me really really high some times to the point where I was stumbling around in public and I didn't take any other drugs that day.

The Kava extract tincture is the best form of Kava Kava IME for sure. It's the most potent.
It's definitely the most worthwhile form of Kava to buy online or anywhere. Unless you know how to prepare the raw powder like those dudes from Maui

Kava is garbage IME. It worked the first time for me and made me pretty relaxed. Every time after that, even using 4 or 5 tea bags at a time had no effect whatsoever.

If you're having trouble drinking it try pouring milk in it.

I concur Captaindammit, I received the paste & even after taking large amounts for two days in a row I have felt absolutely NOTHING from it, I mean not even the slightest, what a waste of money. The last time I tried the Kava root powder it had no affect on me either it seems for whatever reason it only worked for the first couple of times on me & then nothing. Will try waiting a few weeks & try the paste again, see if I get anywhere, oh well looks like I'll have to find something else. :(

the strongest kava ive EVER had is this AMAZING extract that is --and holy fuck it is so strong. supposedly 1 teaspoon is equal to 2 large traditional kava bowls.
all I can say is that I could never even finish a brew made with half a teaspoon. half way through I was WAYYYYYYYYYYY tooo high..
kava can get you REALLY fucking floored actualy.. if you make it right and drink enough (alot if you have pure root powder).

but-if you cant find that--<no sources> any other "micronized" kavas are the very best. I take 2 big spoonsfull drop it into some water stir for 2 seconds and gulmp down.
toung, face, entire head and whole body go REALLY numb within Minutes.
it feels slightly stoney for sure like weed, it feels Super relaxing almost identical to klonopin, has an almost opiate like euphoria, and best of all it has the SLIGHTEST psychedelic edge like it makes things look more vivid kinda feels like the later part of a mushroom trip.

speaking of shrooms, the best experience ever had was we got out a huge bowl and some panyhose and brewed up batches of fijian root. none of my friends had EVER tried it and I dont know if they were even expecting much but within minutes we were all so fucked up we could barely stand up. it makes you flat like sink into the couch.
anyways we were all feeling SOOOOO good that I decided to share my 7 grams of Panaleous tropicalis mushrooms with the whole room (1 gram is easily stronger than 4 grams of ANY street shrooms ive ever eaten)
there were 5 other people-i gave them all a gram. so i had 2 grams left. I sat there eating quarter gram pinches for about 4 hours!!!!!!!!! i was like wtf why arent these working? all the sudden i ran to the bathroom puked so hard the visuals just EXPLODED in all directions-never had a more visual trip-
NEVER had such a laid back COMPLETELY anxiety free experience in my life.
someone could have walked in with a knife and stabbed me and i would not have cared.

kava and mushrooms=AMAZING!!!

(fijians have a saying that if you drink too much kava the ground will come up to meet you) dont underestimate this plant it can REALLY fuck you up. even if your tolerant to benzos and the like

Oh and sorry I have to correct someone a few posts up (unless they were purposly playing a joke on someone) NEVER NEVER EVER EVER put your kava in milk. it makes ALL the bad flavors come out a million times worse.
in plain water-i rather like the taste especialy since you go numb almost instantly like coke

Last edited by a moderator:
My Kava root arrived today, going to try some tomorrow because I'm going out for beer tonight and I'm sure the mixing of the two is a shitty idea.

Do you guys think that Kava would be a good opiate potentiator? I assume there would generally be less chance of it causing dangerous respiratory depression than combining an opiate and a benzo, right?

Kava Kava overrated?

After buying capsules with liquid extract (looks more like sap/resin to me), I consumed 9 capsules which totaled around 720mg kavalactones. Its been 3 hours and I just feel oddly 'mind numbed'. I can only describe this feeling as not thinking about too much, empty headed and moodless. I did take these with a stomach full of a Venti sized Iced Chai Tea, so maybe it didn't absorb all at once? Is this it's full effect at work? Should I take more? I only way about 115 pounds. Thanks a lot!

Well, alone I found it was totally useless. The local naturist pharmacy here sells 300mg capsules with 30% of kavalactones.
I used to drink some whiskey with mineral water and then added the contents of like 20 capsules (honestly I don't remember how much I used), it created a foam that stayed in the top of my highball glass and it was fun.
I mean, it was a powerfull combo, I couldn't even walk for around 3~4 hours.
Maybe one's tolerance has something to do too.

Regards.

I find Kava works best as a potentiator. Alone it does not have much of a recreational effect.

I second mrjackjones, alone it does nothing. It works best in combination with other GABAergics, maybe benzos.
Why can't you take alcohol?

Regards.

Why can't you take alcohol?

A common notion is that Kava is a bit harsh on the liver, and of course, so is alcohol.

The combination is not a good idea for that reason.

I've got an OZ of 40% Kava Powder a while ago. I tried it for the first time today, the numbing effect is amazing 8o Your mouth, tongue and throat all get a pleasant cocaine like numb feeling almost instantly. I must be one of the few people who really quites like the taste, I think it's a nice sweet and spicy taste, similar to Ginger.

I'm not too sure of the effects yet. I took 5g this morning mixed with cold water, I didn't feel much but after a bong of weed it had me feeling great :D It definite synergises with Cannabis.

I've just made another drink with around 15g in it, I've given it a good thorough mix and now I'm letting it rest (seep) for half an hour to release the Kavalactones. Here's a quote from the net- "The powder is soaked in water for approximately 30 minutes to allow the water to completely soak through the powdered fibers."

I'll post an update later on :)

Ok...whoa! It has worked A LOT better this time. Perhaps letting it sit in cold water for half an hour really does make a difference. (Remember to stir it aggressively to get it all mixed) Although I did use 15g of 40% powder this time, I think that's a fair bit. My mouth went very numb straight away, I think this indicates that it's of a high quality %)

At the moment I'm feeling what can only be described as 'fucked' xD But really, I'm feeling stimulated and sedated at the same time, I'm relaxed yet motivated and want to talk/type/do things rather than just sit here listening to music like I do on weed sometimes.

Anxiety and stress have now been greatly reduced. I've experienced some mild nausea or possibly just a numbness in my stomach for a while after ingestion but it's fading now and it's no worse than 10mg Valium or 100mg Tramadol.

Ok, I've kept doing other things while typing this post (it's probably been 15 mins or longer since I wrote the above). I now feel more sedated than before, less stimulated. I'm going to have a bong of Cannabis shortly, this should reduce nausea (still feeling some) and increase happiness :D (Great synergy!)

At the moment I'm feeling what can only be described as 'fucked' xD But really, I'm feeling stimulated and sedated at the same time, I'm relaxed yet motivated and want to talk/type/do things rather than just sit here listening to music like I do on weed sometimes.

I've heard it described as feeling very physically relaxed but unlike a lot of anxiolytics (benzos, alcoho, etc), you remain very clear mentally? I've always felt this is pretty accurate for myself and is this what you mean by simultaneously stimulated and sedated?

I'm not that clear mentally, although I never am unless I'm on a stimulant like Dexedrine/MDMA or if I stop smoking Cannabis daily. At the moment I'm feeling quite fucked up - weird, wired and wonderful! I'm feeling rather nice, this is unlike any other high I've ever had, it's like a combination of weed, benzos, gbl/gbh, mephedrone, salvia, dxm, ketamine and opiates. Kind of crazy I know but I can't describe it properly, I keep getting Mephedrone/GBL style rushes! Quite intense with increased heart rate/breathing, sweating palms and restless legs! Yet at the same time I'm feeling very relaxed and I'm sitting back in my chair, despite my back having a strange sensation that it's twisting and my legs kicking about.

I've got a ringing in my ears and head and music has an echo to it and is strange yet compelling at the same time. I have an intense body high with a lovely feeling through my stomach (like Mephedrone/MDMA) and legs, I also feel quite warm and my eyes have gone super stoned and sensitive, this has receded again for the moment. Everything is interesting and looking around my room is very compelling!

The ringing in my ears is beginning to get annoying, I'm a GABA abuser so this is a problem I get sometimes when abusing GABA products. My lips feel numb still and my hands are cold. I'm feeling like lying down in a bed. (I'm
still typing the post and the ringing has mostly gone or I've got used to it and I don't want to lie down anymore, I'm very focused on typing, previewing and editing this post.)

I'm also chewing on the inside of my cheeks, something I don't do on any other drug, not even mephedrone/mdma.

I have taken 2000mg Paracetamol (APAP), 30mg Dihydrocodeine and 1500mg Phenibut over the day but well spread out, I'm a fiend and I also have a cold so please excuse me :eek: =D I know this isn't the healthiest for my livers but it's certainly not a regular thing, I fiend slightly healther drugs ;)

I have taken 15g of the 40% root extract, from eBay USA. (Mentioned for natures of product comparison rather than sourcing) It was stirred well and rested for 30 minutes to let the water absorb the Kavalactones and to soak the fibers. This is a fairly high dose I believe, I've also done 5g this morning, my first ever go with it and I failed to stir it properly or let it stand. That's 20g of 40% root extract in total.

I have become obsessed with previewing and editing this post, I've been at it for nearly 30 minutes now, this is getting near stimulant obsession lol.

I'm feeling less 'rushy' and wired now, my sweaty palms and restless legs have mostly receded.

Ok, to conclude (otherwise I'll be here all day :D) - a very interesting and different high, definitively one to try!

^clearly the kava is making you quite chatty. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned recently or you are familiar but I wanted to state it to be sure since you mentioned your liver...

In Europe, years ago kava became quiet popular for doctors to prescribe as an alternative to benzos. Then a lot of reports of liver damage/failure came out and many places banned kava or at least stopped prescribing it like they used to. Somehow however, in areas like Fiji where use is historically common, they've never had these liver failure issues...

In the South Pacific they know how to safely prepare the kava and to cut corners, the pharm companies producing those euro kava products were using parts of the plant that were never used by indigenous and it was determined THAT caused the liver damage.

What's the point of all this? If you make sure that you are using ROOT ONLY products, you really shouldn't have to worry about the effect on your liver. If you are NOT using root only (especially the quantities you've taken) you should absolutely NOT take 2 grams of paracetamol (acetaminophen for Americans).