• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

i just couldn't break through with this shit. I consumed like two shells every day for a month (squeezed and strained quality powder) and never felt anything. I've used kava years ago before that and definitely got krunk a few times. might be the prescription meds i'm on, whatever

Took 11 grams standardized Kavalactones, it is most definitely effective <3

Mind you, I know it is only from the root, and not the stems or leaves, which are what actually cause the liver damage that has been documented! Important little detail, that.

Further dosage info on Kava Kava(Piper Methysticum G. Forster):

1 tsp cup/night ; 1.5–3 g dry root/day ; 100–300 mg root several/day; 2–4 g powdered root 1–3/day; 2–4 ml liquid root extract;
3–6 ml fluid extract (1:2)/day; 1–3 ml tincture/day; 60–600 mg kavalactones/day
250 ml kavalactones/day (24–70 mg 3/day) ; 180–210 kavalactones 1 hour
before bedtime; 1 (525 mg) capsule (StX with 250 mg certified potency kava-kava root
extract with at least 75 mg kavalactone) 3/day.

Toxicity info:

LD50 dihydrokavain = 920 mg/kg orl mouse, LD50 dihydromethysticin = 1050 mg/kg orl mouse, LD50 StX (70% kavalactones) = 16,000
mg/kg orl rat, 1800 mg/kg orl mouse, 370 mg/kg ipr rat, 380 mg/kg ipr mouse.

I received my powdered kava kava today, but not my strainer. I imorivised and waa impatient as hell abd decided to try the 10 minute blender method. I blended 8oz of cool water with 3 heapibg tablespoons of kava with a cap full of olive oil. Omg. Nastiest stuff i've ever drank. It was rough. My toungue felt numb immediately....i assumed it waa working. WRONG! i felt nothing sadly. Maybe i did it wrong. I drank it w/o straining it...was awful going down. Could that have affected my experience? Im very disappointed.

Okay...I got my strainer today. But, I'm going to have to psyche myself up before I try the Kava again.....it was pretty bad. I'll wait until I know I know I'm off work the next day. This stuff really upset my stomach. It made me nauseous the entire day. I think what I'm slowly, but surely learning is that these herbal things that are purchased online...just simply don't work for me. :/

I just found a package of kava at the back of a cupboard that I bought about three years ago, and never opened. It's been in its vacuum sealed bag away from heat and light. Is it still good? Does kava "expire"?

kava is interesting stuff. i once ate a heroic amount of it (capped) in one sitting and got a nice buzz a little reminiscent of the final stages of mdma comedown that lasted for a good portion of the evening. so, there is definitely psychoactive potential here, but the sheer amount of material that needs to be consumed makes it a bit too impractical for me to use with any regularity when so many other agents are available to me :) not quite in the same class of fairly-legal herbal highs as salvia, kratom and morning glories, maybe a little above valerian-level. i've got 50 or 100 g of good powdered kava in my stores that i need to get around to dipping into one of these days. wish it was effective in less than like 50-100 00 gel cap amounts like kratom is.

kava is interesting stuff. i once ate a heroic amount of it (capped) in one sitting and got a nice buzz a little reminiscent of the final stages of mdma comedown that lasted for a good portion of the evening. so, there is definitely psychoactive potential here, but the sheer amount of material that needs to be consumed makes it a bit too impractical for me to use with any regularity when so many other agents are available to me :) not quite in the same class of fairly-legal herbal highs as salvia, kratom and morning glories, maybe a little above valerian-level. i've got 50 or 100 g of good powdered kava in my stores that i need to get around to dipping into one of these days. wish it was effective in less than like 50-100 00 gel cap amounts like kratom is.

Get yourself some whole roots. Much more potent and easier to deal with in my opinion. You just chew it.

I just found a package of kava at the back of a cupboard that I bought about three years ago, and never opened. It's been in its vacuum sealed bag away from heat and light. Is it still good? Does kava "expire"?

It's probably retained most of it's potency.

Okay I either didn't use that much or the dizziness of kava just makes me not like it.....It feels more like a beer then relaxing....Other then that has anybody here had the same experience as me?

Last edited by a moderator:
....like really? could you be more vague? you didn't really share your experience so how do we know if we share the same feeling and effects you didn't describe much at all except dizziness...? also this is more of a trip report bruh

Well if you're looking for relaxation, why don't you just drink a.... oh yeah... wait what?

Anytime I've done kava, granted it wasn't the greatest stuff, I'd equate it to a mix of opiate, benzos, and antihistamine (only much more mild). I think it's either one of those things you love, or you just move on from. Myself, I moved on.

no kava relaxes u it does not get u high if ur seeking that benzo bliss!~> wrong drug kava kava is effective for mild anxiety i would say

Yeah it can. Tolerance builds rapidly though. I once took a looooooot and was 'drunk' for two days, accompanying a horrible nausea. The 'good' stuff is definitely 'good'.

For two nights after I kept waking up gasping for breath and the hangover was awful. Made me twitch a whole lot but I didn't get the good stuff.

@morphling: whats your kava recipe if you don't mind me asking? Do you mix it with milk or veg oil as an emulsifier?

You just put the powder in hot water and drink it as a tea. They serve it like that in Kava bars in my area. It doesn't do much of anything unless you take mass quantity, especially if you're used to using drugs. I go to the bars for the Kratom.

^Uh i don't think thats how you make a proper Kava kava beverage.

When i make it i grind the whole root first in a coffee grinder, then add that to about i teaspoon vegetable oil or coconut oil.
from there I add ~4oz whole milk in and mix it up. THEN, i add 16-240z COLD water depending on how much kava is used.
another important step i've noticed: Let it sit at least overnight, and stir occasionally if you can. Drink slowly.

This will provide much better results than "pouring hot water on it and drinking it as tea." Heat, if hot enough, destroys kavalectones anyways.

anyone else have any recipes with good results?