• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butalbital (the barbiturate in Fioricet) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a gram of butalbital to be lethal.

It is o.k. to only surpass 2000mg of acetaminophen.

You can get fucked up on these.

You can do a CWE and there will be nothing left but acetaminophen and butalbital.
This will let you enjoy butalbital for what it is worth.

It's o.k. not the best high IMO.

200 mg of butalbital is a good dose to be high.

Yeah, these will fuck you up. A few years ago my friend would get random scripts for back pain, the obv didn't want to give him anything heavy... this is when I first tried out fioricet and tramadol, stuff like that.
I got the spins real bad the first time I took these. I probably took 4-6, honestly I have no clue anymore. After that, no spins. It was similar to benzos + some kind of body high, somewhat similar to hydrocodone but not nearly as strong. It's a different high for sure, but I didn't have to wonder if they were recreational or not.

I also met a girl at a half way house I lived at whose DOC was butalbital. I don't know how you can keep that habit up with the tolerance I'm sure you get, but nevertheless.

...I also met a girl at a half way house I lived at whose DOC was butalbital. I don't know how you can keep that habit up with the tolerance I'm sure you get, but nevertheless.

You will run into trouble eventually with the acetaminophen.

My doctor used to prescribe them for my cluster headaches back in the early 90's. I never took more than 2 in one day and they were relaxing. Never got really buzzed from them though.

. It was similar to benzos + some kind of body high, somewhat similar to hydrocodone but not nearly as strong. It's a different high for sure, but I didn't have to wonder if they were recreational or not.

really? i'd compare butalbital more to alcohol intoxication than an opiate like hydrocodone. but it does feel like a "hypnotic" benzo like flunitrazepam or temazepam, just with less euphoria and slightly more clumbsiness. idk about a "body high" though.

i find barbs like butalbital and phenobarbital less "fun" than strong benzos, but a godsend for stimulant comedowns or periods of bad insomnia.

I don't like alcohol at all, but I enjoyed the fioricet. I just don't know what else to compare the "body high" too, thus I said hydro (back when I started taking it of course, by this time there was no more body high from hydro). Of course I've been drunk plenty of times, it did feel like that with the spins and clumsiness, but there was some kind of body high also, at least for me.

Don't mix fioricet with alcohol. I did and I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a tube coming out of my dick. I threw up the charcoal they pumped my stomach with, and it got underneath all the tape they used to secure all my tubes, and the charcoal stained my skin for weeks. Not to mention it tastes fucking gross. I had been out drinking, probably had 5 beers total, then took 4 fioricet which was normal for me before bedtime if i really needed sleep... woke up in an ambulence 2 days later, was hospitalized for another day after that, then let go. I was off balance and uncoordinated for several days after. Fioricet is NOT worth it.
That is so scary...considering I didn't have any idea that this was such a no no, and I do this every time I drink!!! I didn't even know that you can get a high feeling from these...I love them for my headaches because they work for them, and I don't have to worry bout getting that "loopy" feeling or any alteration of feeling or mood, and I get relief from my migraines. One of my triggers of migraine is alcohol :( so I take them if I get one when I'm drinking or afterward so I don't wake up w/ a horrible headache...I've never taken more than 2 at a time, sometimes just one. I usually drink around 5 vodka drinks/shots...and I only drink on the weekends, sometimes I even skip weekends...so it's not often, do you still think it's not safe? Maybe one of the reasons I don't get any "high" feeling is because I take adderall and Dexedrine every day...I know my add&dex make me not get drunk feeling and no matter how much I drink, I'm still pretty aware and I don't get sick or fucked up, I kinda just stay in that "super buzzed" feeling for hours and never get to that dizzy, forget what I do, cry on the floor, pick fights stupidness,lol. I wonder if that's why I never feel my fioricet?

Don't mix fioricet with alcohol. I did and I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a tube coming out of my dick. I threw up the charcoal they pumped my stomach with, and it got underneath all the tape they used to secure all my tubes, and the charcoal stained my skin for weeks. Not to mention it tastes fucking gross. I had been out drinking, probably had 5 beers total, then took 4 fioricet which was normal for me before bedtime if i really needed sleep... woke up in an ambulence 2 days later, was hospitalized for another day after that, then let go. I was off balance and uncoordinated for several days after. Fioricet is NOT worth it.

I feel as if you are lying about only having 5 beers....or, youre and idiot for taking that many fioricet...

First off, I totally agree that this stuff should not be mixed with alcohol. But back in my youth (long before I wised up and renounced my stupidity), I found four Fioricet mixed with three beers to be a very pleasant combination. I am NOT saying this to suggest that ANYONE should partake of my former ignorance (please don't), but it made me wonder if mixing Fioricet with certain benzos (Librium, maybe?)would yield similar results. My logic is that benzos and alcohol supposedly bind to the same receptors in the brain (GABA, I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong). So wouldn't it follow that they interact with butalbital in a similar manner?

Last edited:
200-250mg will relax me a little and make my body feel light. Mild intoxication, sort of disinhibited & subtle sedation. The caffeine sort of fucks with the high and makes it harder to relax than with stronger benzodiazepines like clonazepam and lorazepam. I'd prefer benzos but butalbital will do.

To me, Butalbital preparations are more in that "useful, but not recreational" category. I have always had great success using Fiorinal/Fioricet, and their +codeine counterparts to get rid of headaches, but have never enjoyed them recreationally. They work fantastically for their indicated use. I can also see how they would be useful for a hard come down.

To me, Butalbital preparations are more in that "useful, but not recreational" category. I have always had great success using Fiorinal/Fioricet, and their +codeine counterparts to get rid of headaches, but have never enjoyed them recreationally. They work fantastically for their indicated use. I can also see how they would be useful for a hard come down.

Butalbital is a weak barbiturate and codeine is a weak opiate so that's why you don't feel real high when taking this. Also its harder to relax because of the caffeine.

Ok sorry for bumping the thread again but i have some things to say.

First of all, fioricet is great for potentiating(sp?) other opiates. As in you take an oxycotin 30 and 2 fioricet and you get super high.

Secondly, when in the throws of opiate withdrawal fioricet (if it's all you can find) is good. It helps you get up in the morning because of the caffeine and the fact that barbituates kinda store up in your body. If you stop taking them at the right time you can still sleep...which is rare in detox.

I'm on day 25 of methadone withdrawal (kill me..) and all i could get was fioricet and its sort of helped me. Its not really anything to get high off of but it helps when you just need to be able to relax or get up. It goes both ways.

too bad it doesn't do shit for my lower abdominal pain..

Sorry to bump an old thread. Got my hands on some (2nd time with it, ever) took 100mg (50mg pills) hour later IV'd about .3 caine, during comedown ate another 3 (total of 250mg) going to take my sixth to up it to 300mg. Will post results. Note, I am tolerant to benzos, and currently addicted to opiates. Although, not high on them, considering I dosed many hours ago.

Hi ykm420, welcome to BDD!

I hope you are safe and enjoyed the barbs. I have no idea if you took a sensible dose or not as I am not familiar with Butalbital!

However, please take a look at the "State of BDD" sticky and the BDD guidelines found in my sig. We are a HR-related q&a forum and we encourage people to start a new thread with their question in it, so that they receive a personalised response. In order to be able to respond to everyone, e have to keep general discussion and bumping new threads to a minimum.

This sounds more like the beginnings of a trip report than a questions that fits into out guidelines, so I'm going to close this thread. By all means feel free to writre a trip report in the Trip Reports forum following their guidelines, or swing by the social thread here (link in my sig) to let us know how you get on.

If you have any queries, feel free to shoot me a pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.