• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Adderex-SR

Ignatius J.

Bluelighter
Was randomly browsing the net today and came across this product

Adderex-SR -- from Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals.

Link Removed - Damien

*edit* -- srry if this breaches ADD rules against sourcing just wanted to give a better explanation. I mainly post in AUSDD which is pretty strict on sourcing :\

it claims to be an attention focusing agent and it is legally available as a dietary supplement

Each tablet contains

Proprietary Blend 310 mg
Beta-Methylphenylethylamine Tartrate,
N-Methyl-beta-Phenylethylamine HCL,
N-Benzyl-alpha-Phenylethylamine Sulphate,
L-Lysine/N-Methyl-beta-Methylphenylethylamine HCL,
Alpha-Phenylethylamine HCL,
R-beta-Methylphenylethylamine HC

Each component making up 1/6th of the 310mg

Fairly obvious it is pretending to be a "legal" form of adderall

The reason why im posting in ADD is i am wondering how close this actually is to amphetamine.

I know amphetamine is Alpha-Methylphenethylamine. and it is the addition of the Methyl group to Alpha-phenethylamine that prevents it from being destroyed by MAO and thus can cross the blood brain barrier

The legality of adderex crap seems to be premised upon the fact that it is selling Beta-methylphenethylamine. Does anyone know what difference it would make if it is in the beta position?? Especially in relation to pharmacological effect??

My chemistry is limited to what i learnt at high school (many years ago) so sorry if it is a little bit off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, from the site:

Adderex SR® is utilizing the same binding of Lysine to its proprietary compound N-Methyl-beta-methylphenylethylamine HCl to form a very similar compound to Vyvanse, which is quickly becoming the most prescribed ADHD drug due to its lack of abuse potential.

Interesting I wonder how active it is?

β,N-Dimethylphenethylamine is a positional isomer of methamphetamine and therefore a schedule 1 drug in the United States. So the legality is questionable as a prodrug. As to the activity, I haven't heard anything glowing.

the bullshit detector is off the scale from looking at the companys' website, these are a bunch of phenethylamines which are clearly analogues in countries with analogue acts especially as it is clearly intended for human use.

the beta methyl compounds have appeared on and off for a few years, they have not a lot to recommend them other than they are available cheep cheep from china (less than 50 USD/Kg) and allow charlatans to make profit from bogus products.

Man, whenever you try to find any info off any of those body building type forums about stuff, these companies go there and spam the hell out of their products, and like.. they all end with a shitton of "scientific references" for each pointless ingredient they toss into the mix to make it look like there's you know.. all this "evidence and research" that went into the products but its mostly bullshit products heh.. random shit tossed in a capsule to make it look sophisticated etc.

But anyway, what does β,N-Dimethylphenethylamine actually DO when a person eats it, does it give any CNS effects at all? Peripheral?

But anyway, what does β,N-Dimethylphenethylamine actually DO when a person eats it, does it give any CNS effects at all? Peripheral?

Weak central stimulant with little euphoria and lots of shitty peripheral side effects is what I heard. Various beta-methyl analogues have been tested, along with alpha,beta dimethyl etc, but nothing of much value has come out of it.

There is speculation that some ring-substituted derivatives could be worth a try though (e.g. methylenedioxy, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-X etc), most likely weaker and shorter lasting than the phenethylamine or amphetamine compounds but perhaps active enough to be interesting. Haven't heard of any of them actually being tested.

Hi-tech pharmaceutical is a bullshit company, selling products with names reminiscent of illegal steroids (like "dianabol, and sustanon 250"), which simply contain DHEA under less common names such as prasterone, androstenolone or hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one...

Speaking of "Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals"

This company is now promoting the "New" BENZEDRINE.
I was curious if anyone has seen this and or know if the
ingredients (which are quite similar to Adderex SR) are
active or not. Any insight would be great.

This company is now promoting the "New" BENZEDRINE.
I was curious if anyone has seen this and or know if the
ingredients (which are quite similar to Adderex SR) are
active or not. Any insight would be great.

Bennies, in their original incarnation, have a long cultural history in the US. Burroughs took the inhalable form a lot (OTC until at least the 50s) and bennies are mentioned all over his autobiography. Some smartass at the company decided to buy the Benzedrine trademark so now they can make claims like this:

Benzedrine was previously marketed as the best weight loss pharmaceutical ever. This is not false. Hi-Tech since acquired trademark rights to Benzedrine, and now the worlds most powerful weight loss stimulant is available as a dietary supplement without a prescription. Hi-Tech has been doing some exhaustive research and development on a new formula with pharmaceutical fat mobilization and apoptosis agents to create the new and improved Benzedrine!

They improved it by removing the amphetamine and replacing it with caffeine, yohimbine, A. rigidula extract and agents of apoptosis.

Question: Which ingredient is an apoptosis agent? For what purpose? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but aren't apoptosis agents usually used in chemotherapy?

Last edited:
I dunno about this, seems a bit sketch, though I suppose it could quite possibly make you fail a drug test, but my knowledge on metabolism beta-PEA's is quite limited

β,N-Dimethylphenethylamine is a positional isomer of methamphetamine and therefore a schedule 1 drug in the United States. So the legality is questionable as a prodrug. As to the activity, I haven't heard anything glowing.

Also, not to nitpick, or otherwise be a dick, but just to point out ridiculousness in U.S. drug scheduling, methamphetamine is actually Schedule II, it's prescribed for ADD & ADHD, I believe the brand name it was originally marketed under was Desoxyn, IIRC, its still around... really makes the fouled study about the dangers of MDMA (which is schedule I) in which meth was "accidentally" administered to rats seem even more ludicrous... I'll avoid a rant for now though

does anyone know anything about beta-methylphenethylamine? I know alpha-methyl-PEA is amphetamine and I know what PEA is but I can't find anything about beta-methyl-PEA other than its found in acacia. is there any chance this stuff resembles anything like amphetamine? perhaps with an MAO-B inhibitor? not talking about adderex but just beta-methylphenethylamine itself. has anyone here ever actually tried it, with or without an MAO-B inhibitor?