• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Valerian Root Recreational Dosage?

djtrickdog

Bluelighter
I am looking for a chart or even just an answer on the recreational dosages of Valerian Root. The regular dosage is 400mg of 4:1 ratio extraction Root AND 100mg of non extracted Root. This comes to be 1.7 grams of pure valerian root if were not extracted. Taking this amount makes me slightly tired, a bit more sociable, but not much euphoria or tranquilizing properties are noticed. Thanks for the help!

There is no recreational dose for valerian root because valerian root has no recreational effects. taking more of it isn't gonna give you a high.8)

You could take mountains of the stuff and experience nothing close to a recreational effect.
All you're going to achieve is what you've already experienced.

The most you are going to get out of taking more of that is an upset stomach and some extra time spent on the toilet.

altough it is phycoactive does not mean it is recational. I have taken a shitolad of the 500mg caps at around 2000mg there was decant relaxation. I reccomend you find a better drug. Kava kava has some recrational proterties.

Kava Kava is very hard to find now, almost all nutrition places such as Vitamin World and GNC no longer carry it

Anybody else seen these new Anti-energy drinks that contain Valerian Root and Kava Kava?

Well you don't want store kava anyway if you wnt any kind of relaxation or a high you should order potent kava powder from a reliable source.

Anybody else seen these new Anti-energy drinks that contain Valerian Root and Kava Kava?

Yeah I know what you're talking about. It's called "Drank" Anti-Energy Drink. I believe it contains Valerian Root and Melatonin though.
As for the drink though, my friend tried it and he didn't feel shit, but hey they are two bucks a piece maybe I should try a few. But it comes with the warning "Don't consume over two servings in a 24 hour period" and there are two servings in a can.

YES as for those anti energy drinks, MALAVA NOVOCAINE. I've seen it at one 7-11 in the 'ghetto' side of town. I bought it, drank it while i was smoking weed so i couldn't tell if it did anything cause i was already stoned. I saw it had Kava in it so thats what interested me. Me and my friend went back and there were no more anti-energy drinks there :(

Ill look for local vitamin stores, i think we have one in town

Last edited:
Yea,

Back in the day when Kava Kava was still legal in Canada I had tried out the pharmacy bottle/s of Kava Kava in large doses which all they ever did was just numb my mouth like coke but never anything else and I didnt even smoke weed back then so I would have felt it if something was there.

I gave up on Kava Kava esp since I heard reports of irreversible liver damage (Germany banned it same time Canada did..early in 2000 sometime maybe 01-02).

I tried Valerian which came in doses of 500mg with nothing else, the bottle said to take 3 or 4-5 a day at the most. I took 2 tablets at once during recess and while walking I felt a sense of calm that I felt only from opioids before, at that time if I took a benzo it felt disgusting turning me into a zombie and regreting it. I took another 2 tablets after 30-40min from the 1st dose and I was able to nod out slightly and I was definatley much calmer during that day.

The thing is the 1st time always works the best and after a while you build a tolerence even if you mix it with weed and alcohol it will not feel the same. You just need a break/s.

Valerian however is not a dangerous herb and in moderate doses even helps aid the liver!

Peace!

P.S. Another herb that I have tried with good results for depression/bad mood states and even relaxant a little bit (by alleviating depression) without fucking with your diet like St. John's Wort is the herb Lemon Balm (aka Mellisa) which I've tried only in plant form in tea and in doses of 4g-6g per cup filled with steeping water for 3-5min and infused by covering the top of the can with a plate (don't let the steam escape). This definatley helps...also best in moderation as daily use will take away the magic.

im trying valerian today i took 3 450mg capsules. so we'll see how it goes. im sure it wont effect me too much bc ive taken lots of benzos in my day. but im mainly trying it for anxiety and opiate wd.

The main ingredient in those is phenibut from what I've seen, written out in its abbreviated chemical compound name.

I picked a couple of them up but I've yet to try them