• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Needle Exchange Locations

I just send u an e-mail, i would just PM u on here but I have not reached BL status yet =( and i kinda feel bad about jacking this thread because our conversation has become nothing about the needle exchange.

I IV 2mg of subutex over the course of the day. I am as safe as i possibly could be, i believe. I use micron filters, sterilize everything, fresh rigs, etc etc. I just want to stop paying for my supplies, doing it right is expensive.

I know what you mean.

I used to IV around 2mg of suboxone over the course of the day, but now I'm down to 1mg or less a day. I use 0.25mg at a time. And, the best thing is I still get just as high as before.

But yeah, I can understand that microns are expensive and doing it right does cost $$. That's why I like going to an exchange now.

I know what you mean.

I used to IV around 2mg of suboxone over the course of the day, but now I'm down to 1mg or less a day. I use 0.25mg at a time. And, the best thing is I still get just as high as before.

But yeah, I can understand that microns are expensive and doing it right does cost $$. That's why I like going to an exchange now.

Buprenorphine is an amazin drug in that respect.

I feel barely anything when going down, and it's only for a short while then it's back to normal.

It's just hard for people to wrap their hars around the fact that more does not equal better.

It's just hard for people to wrap their hars around the fact that more does not equal better.

I know what you mean. I learned that aspect of buprenorphine really quickly, when I took too much I definitely felt irritated and less euphoric.

I know what you mean. I learned that aspect of buprenorphine really quickly, when I took too much I definitely felt irritated and less euphoric.

Damn iPhone predictive text, i meant to say heads, but you figured that out.

I wonder how low you could go without diminishing positive effects. Because its true, i feel higher taking 2mg a day than i did taking 4mg a day.

I wonder how low you could go without diminishing positive effects. Because its true, i feel higher taking 2mg a day than i did taking 4mg a day.

The idea, I believe, is that you can go infinitely lower without diminishing effects, but this is also dependent on you losing opiate tolerance, and your body's compensatory regulation. So, I think if you stay abstinent from other mu-opioid agonists (as I have) I think you can keep going lower and lower for a long time.

I stayed at the dose I used IV for a long time before tapering too, because I was really scared it wouldn't go as well and I'd crave dope again but honestly every time I taper it's like magic that I get the same effects.

I think the next stop after 0.25mg is 0.2mg. That might be in a few weeks to months depending on how I level out here. Probably sooner versus later though.

I tried to find a NEP in Utah, one's listed on the harm reduction website, but when I drove by I didn't see it....any help?

Well that site didn't have a couple places i go.
The first is
Safe Horizon Streetwork Lower East Side (the LES of Manhattan) on 33 Essex
They're nice enough, i've brought in over 300 rigs and gotten the same back and brought in nothing and gotten as many as I want back, in addiction to the tools to get high, they also have condoms lube razors soap toothpaste toothbrushes, all your toiletries tampons whatever.
Also there's is SWAN they will give you money in cash if you show up there with track marks and you're all strung out so they can est your for AIDS HEP C and more, if you arent' a hep cat they will then pay you $20 a week to not get hep c. They also hok you up with rigs cottons cookers bandaids everything you could ever want and a bathroom to shoot up in. As well they have coffee cocoa and milk and shit to drink... Most of the people who go there are local homeless junkies or train hopping kids coming through town but if you want to keep clean and off the streets don't go there. It's on Rivington and Stanton I think, 99 Rivington. LES

I created a map so Bluelighters can figure out what US states have needle exchanges, and I will list how many each state (that has them) has, below the map. The only exception that I must make a note of now is that the District of Columbia is not represented on this map, but does have 1 needle exchange program (called PreventionWorks, I talked about that specific exchange earlier in the thread).

USmap.jpg

If you live in one of the grey states, I am sorry, your state does not have any needle exchange programs. If you know this to not be the truth, let me know and I will make a correction.

If you live in one of the white states, your state has at least one needle exchange. Look below to see how many it has. Note; if it says "1", there might actually be more than just 1 needle exchange program in your state. I will link the source below with cite tags, so if my source is off, then please let me know and I will make an effort to correct this/keep it up to date.

Alaska - 1
California - 22
Colorado - 1
Connecticut - 6
District of Columbia - 1
Georgia - 1
Hawaii - 1
Illinois - 4
Indiana - 1
Kansas - 1
Louisiana - 2
Maine - 2
Massachusetts - 3
Minnesota - 3
Missouri - 1
New Jersey - 1
New Mexico - 17
New York - 9
North Carolina - 1
Oklahoma - 1
Oregon - 3
Pennsylvania - 1
Texas - 2
Utah - 1
Vermont - 3
Washington - 15
Wisconsin - 10

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparetable.jsp?ind=566&cat=11

Well that site didn't have a couple places i go.
The first is
Safe Horizon Streetwork Lower East Side (the LES of Manhattan) on 33 Essex
They're nice enough, i've brought in over 300 rigs and gotten the same back and brought in nothing and gotten as many as I want back, in addiction to the tools to get high, they also have condoms lube razors soap toothpaste toothbrushes, all your toiletries tampons whatever.
Also there's is SWAN they will give you money in cash if you show up there with track marks and you're all strung out so they can est your for AIDS HEP C and more, if you arent' a hep cat they will then pay you $20 a week to not get hep c. They also hok you up with rigs cottons cookers bandaids everything you could ever want and a bathroom to shoot up in. As well they have coffee cocoa and milk and shit to drink... Most of the people who go there are local homeless junkies or train hopping kids coming through town but if you want to keep clean and off the streets don't go there. It's on Rivington and Stanton I think, 99 Rivington. LES

pay you to not get hep c? haha thats crazy but hey 20 dollars a week for nothing is pretty good

ATLANTA NEEDLE EXCHANGE

472 Paines Avenue Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30318-6806
(404) 817-9994
(email) [email protected]

http://www.atlantaharmreduction.org/

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...tTJSuBYfcNt7PxOAD&sig2=GAHnZ7UHumaw9AimMnRSdA

They provide everything needles, cotton, cookers, sterile water, ties, citric acid, absorbic acid, condoms etc. Really nice people, oh and they feed ya too! Good food on Fridays and Sundays, like home cooked meals, Fried chicken, mac n cheese, black eyed peas, pork chops etc. Every other day they have coffee and donuts and such and they even will give you 2 cigarettes a day. The lady who runs it (Mona) will also give you a MARTA card to ride the train so you can get clean works twice a week! They will also pay you 10 bucks to come to harm reduction classes.

Last edited:
There's a needle exchange in Providence, RI called Community Access. I've known people who've gone there, and they've said it's a good place. Here's the info from their listing on harmreduction.org

369 Broad Street
Providence, RI 02909

Contact Information
Name: Michelle McKenzie
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (401) 793-4790 or (401) 4

Program Information
Services Offered: Sterile Syringe Access. Naloxone. HIV Testing. Drop-in Clothing Center.
Hours Mon to Fri: 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-5:00 (testing is only mon through thur)
Fees: FREE

I saw a chart posted here and in AZ it said there's no requirement for syringes. Is this still true? I've never seen them at any pharmacy, are they behind the counter? Someone said Walgreens. Anyone in AZ know in 2010 if you can get syringes at pharmacy w/o scrip?

Oh and Captain.Heroin there are two needles exchange places in AZ. They're both in Tucson.

urrrrg. I live in Detroit and for all of the damn dope in this city you would think we would have a needle exchange. I don't like having to constantly go to pharmacies to pick up new works. It would be nice if they were provided for people like me. Does anyone know of a mail-in needle exchange? I have heard of one but the only one in Michigan has a website that doesn't work for some reason. :/ Anyone got any ideas I would totally appreciate it if you PMed me!! Thanks!

Isnt it legal in the states that don't have needle exchanges to get them legally at the pharmacy if not that sucks you could always go to a hay and feed store but they are pretty big dog needles. (i've had too) Some states idont know about any other places But Calif. is haveing funding issues for these needle exchanges ....I mean shit they give yo uso much doubles of gear that costs them and why not take donations or let yo upay for some extra points or something if it goes under i will miss it since i just started to go there...Poor arms and veins due to hay and feed needles...lol

Isnt it legal in the states that don't have needle exchanges to get them legally at the pharmacy if not that sucks you could always go to a hay and feed store but they are pretty big dog needles. (i've had too) Some states idont know about any other places But Calif. is haveing funding issues for these needle exchanges ....I mean shit they give yo uso much doubles of gear that costs them and why not take donations or let yo upay for some extra points or something if it goes under i will miss it since i just started to go there...Poor arms and veins due to hay and feed needles...lol

In Michigan we have no problem just going to the pharmacy and buy new syringes but my question has nothing to do with that. I am looking for a mail-in needle exchange in Michigan. I know there is one but I cannot seem to get the right information. Does anyone have any info???

In my area the AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin runs the LifePoint mobile needle exchange. It's a van parked at certain locations Monday through Thursday, and Fridays they make house calls to people who can't travel on Monday - Thursday (for legit reasons, not just because you don't want to). They give you 1 for 1 as far as dirty needles for clean needles, I think the most they will give out is 100 at a time though. I have never gone to them with no needles, so I don't know if they give you any to start (a couple years ago they'd give you 10 but not sure if that's changed). The gauges range from 20g to 30g. They also have cookers, tourniquets, sterile water, antibiotic cream/bandaids/rubbing alcohol, cottons, gauze, condoms/lube, pamphlets about safe IV administration and safe sex, and I have heard they will start carrying micron filters in the very near future. Here's the info.

LifePoint Needle Exchange
820 N. Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
(414) 273-1991

In my area the AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin runs the LifePoint mobile needle exchange. It's a van parked at certain locations Monday through Thursday, and Fridays they make house calls to people who can't travel on Monday - Thursday (for legit reasons, not just because you don't want to). They give you 1 for 1 as far as dirty needles for clean needles, I think the most they will give out is 100 at a time though. I have never gone to them with no needles, so I don't know if they give you any to start (a couple years ago they'd give you 10 but not sure if that's changed). The gauges range from 20g to 30g. They also have cookers, tourniquets, sterile water, antibiotic cream/bandaids/rubbing alcohol, cottons, gauze, condoms/lube, pamphlets about safe IV administration and safe sex, and I have heard they will start carrying micron filters in the very near future. Here's the info.

LifePoint Needle Exchange
820 N. Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
(414) 273-1991

I am also in milwaukee.

They give you needles even if you don't bring any in, but if you want a large amount you gotta bring in the old ones. If you go in without you can usually get 1 or 2 starter packs which are 10 needles(either 1/2 or whole cc), cottons, 2 cookers, tourniquet, alcohol pads. Also if you watch a 15 min presentation you can get vials of naloxone which I personally witnessed save someones life about a month ago. Also you can get tested for free there.

So they are getting micron filters? that would be awesome if so, I asked a while ago and they said they didn't have any and weren't planning on it but when I asked that was like a year ago.