EMD Lets Talk Trance - The New and Official Trance Discussions Thread

Love myself some straight up trance too though, and this is an absolute banger.

Memories of when I stuck three pills up my arse because they were weak.

Came round on my bed a few hours later gurning my tits off with this tune playing sounding like it was made of electricity. I can remember that it sounded so good that it actually brought me out of my pill hole.

Alasdairm i have 9 out of 10 tunes you show in my collection (singles)

Ha me too, and most of the albums. Just not DaHool - Meet Her At The Love Parade. Always found that one pretty irritating. =D

I'm liking the look of Reactivate 13 a lot though. K90 did some incredible hard trance.

Anybody who's into the deeper more progressive side of trance needs to check out this set. Starts out with straight up prog, then gets really tribal before moving on to some pounding, underground progressive trance. I'll upload it later, but this is the link:

Lemon8 - Live at Exposure Festival
https://soundcloud.com/repojahx/exposure-festival-2003

I basically play it pretty much every time I have a session with my friends; firm favourite of anybody who's heard it in an altered state and easily the best set I've ever heard. It's perfect for candyflipping because when you drop the MDMA at the four hour point, and kind of ritualistically stick this on, the MDMA starts kicking in when the tribal percussion starts booting off. Which is pretty much what a candyflip does anyway; driving and tribal. Just how I like things. =D <3

Lemon8 - Live at Exposure Festival Tracklist:
1. Tad Hutchinson - Syntrifical (Original Mix) [Stellar - 007]
2. 5th Order - Sineweaver [Eastern Bloc AM - EB:AM01]
3. Dippy Site - Panorama Astratto (Softly Changing) (M.A.S. Gattaca Dub Mix) [Mo-Do - Mo-Do 002]
4. Arteria - Tonight (Vocal Mix) [Delinquent Recordings - DEL 006]
5. ID [Used several times by Deep Dish in 2003 @ La Mania (Constanta, Romania & Ditellandia - Napoli -ITA- 1 Jun]
6. Danny Howells - Jamloops Vol. 1: Spikes (Original Mix) [Sex On Wax - SEX005]
7. Big Black Boot - Vibrate (Paranoid Jack Mix) [Release Records - REL 007]
8. Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Luke Chable Remix) [Not On Label [Sasha] - SAS 001]
9. Marc Almond & Mad Drivers - Dark Age Of Love (Mad Drivers Dub Mix) [M.O.D.A. - Music Fashion - MD 047]
10. Solid Sessions - Janeiro (Lemon 8 Remix) [Additive - 12AD 070]
11. Meridian - 6.3 [Green Martian - GM-2001-040]
12. Forme - Percussive Thinking (Meat Katie & Elite Force Remix) [Marine Parade - MAPA018]
13 Sven Palzer - Sax Funk [Tune Inn Records - TIR021]
14. Arrakis - Aira Force (Lemon 8 Remix) [Devolution - DEVR004X]

Last edited:
nice. i discovered trance pretty late in life - 1998-1999 which was a golden age for trance in the bay area. there were about 3 or 4 venues - including the legendary 1015 folsom (where deep dish had a brief residency) - playing epic progressive trance every weekend. 'big name' djs would play sets on the regular: sasha and digweed; nick warren; oakenfold; dave seaman; etc.

back then myself and two friends lived in a huge loft in soma in san francisco. we had an all-night fund-raiser party to raise money for our burning man camp and, afterwards, we headed back to the loft to carry on with an after-party. i got talking to the guy who managed 1015 folsom and he said that a couple of djs who had played that night wanted to come over and hang out. i said sure so he called them.

so about an hour later i was sitting out side on my doorstep smoking a cigarette and coming up again nicely from my breakfast pill and a limo pulls up and two guys roll out with record boxes and introduce themselves as lee burridge and cass cutbush (from cass & slide). here's a picture of them spinning records in my living room:

leeandcass.jpg

that was a fun weekend :)

alasdair

I love that Lemon8 mix so much. 1:10--> onward is freaking gold. I love how tribal and futuristic everything sounds...

I don't really listen to Trance anymore. I haven't for many years. But that doesn't mean there aren't a few tracks I still love and cherish. I have no idea what modern Trance even sounds like (the only genre I try to follow is Psy, if even that). 2000-2001 I listened to Trance.

Anyways, these are my all time favourites, absolutely wonderful tracks that mean very much to me, so much memories (e.g. Tastexperience - Tantrix, my first MDMA experiences, all hopes and optimism about life that never were to be, but the track is still just as good).

Tastexperience - Tantrix

Probably for me the best and most important Trance track ever.

I rarely see this track mentioned anywhere which is strange, because it is absolutely beautiful; Tremor - Meia Lua (Steve Gibbs Mix). Maybe even more beautiful than Tantrix, I don't know.

Lost Tribe - Gamemaster (Signum Remix). Some of the really old school people will tell the original is better, which may be, in which case I just arrived too late at the party. So the Signum remix is for me the one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgaqYby6z7I

Also I must mention this track, in 2003 it was a HUGE track at Trance parties and I had then moved on to mostly Psytrance parties, but I still remember that track and it's great. One of the best Prog Trance tracks ever, and I think many would agree. Amazing track.

Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 returning mix)

Are there any producers that still produce this kind of dreamy, almost sad sound (and I mean the sound of all the tracks I posted in my two posts here)?

Also I must mention this track, in 2003 it was a HUGE track at Trance parties and I had then moved on to mostly Psytrance parties, but I still remember that track and it's great. One of the best Prog Trance tracks ever, and I think many would agree. Amazing track.

Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 returning mix)

Are there any producers that still produce this kind of dreamy, almost sad sound (and I mean the sound of all the tracks I posted in my two posts here)?

Absolute tune. The following was my first exposure to that sound; the first time that I 'got' progressive.

I know exactly the sound that you mean, and unfortunately it no longer exists. There is certainly 'sad' or melanchoic sounding progressive/melodic techno, but it's not quite that same dreamy sound, nor is it really anything like the prog of old. I think it just went out with Holden and progressive to be honest.

This is an example of the more modern trance.

I love it; big on the acid lines, leads and bass. Driving and clean.

I love that Lemon8 mix so much. 1:10--> onward is freaking gold. I love how tribal and futuristic everything sounds...

Only just saw this, but you're right on. Digital, driving future music. I love it.

Last edited:
Banging hard trance.

"Living on my planet is so easy. There is peace, there is love, and there is ecstasy"