• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pseudoephedrine - Experienced - Should I feel this calm and collected???

zombiesarepeaceful

Bluelighter
I have experience with various drugs, some very familiar with and some not. I've taken sudafed multiple times, under difference circumstances, with caffeine, with alcohol, while sleep deprived...etc...this was one experience that suprised me.

I got up around 3am to do my paper route. I was tired, but I'm always tired. I'm living in the basement of my current living arrangements, so my allergies are acting up, so I took some sudafed to try to wake me up and to help my allergies.

So I'm driving around, delivering papers (on the wrong side of the road, always fun, cops just give me weird looks so far never been pulled over). It hits 5am and I notice I feel a little more awake. It's about damn time. Ten minutes or so later I notice I feel super calm...relaxed...tired...at peace with everything. This continues for the next 3 hours at least...I got done with my route and stopped at my mom's house and I noticed I was slurring my words, and I felt sorta like I did the first time I did E. I know the slurring of my words was not from being tired, as I am always tired...I could tell it was from the sudafed. I went home, listened to some music, didn't get any euphoria or anything. Then I went to sleep.

This is the first time this has happened. Before sudafed had made me hyper, sometimes high, but never like this. I have adult ADHD which is bad somedays and not so bad others...stimulants sometimes make me calm like this, but never with sudafed. ANybody else have similar experiences?

-ZAP

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pseudophedrine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Pseudoephedrine has a similar effect on me. It doesn't seem to be this way for everyone, but I've met at least one other person who is similarly affected.

If I take enough (usually >60mg) I'll feel very relaxed, focused, calm and not hungry. Sometimes I'll feel like I'm sleepy, but I usually won't be able to sleep.

I've never slurred my words or anything on it, but on a couple of instances people have noticed there was a little something different about my behavior.

Ten minutes or so later I notice I feel super calm...relaxed...tired...at peace with everything. ....... ANybody else have similar experiences?

Yep, every time I take pseudoephedrine I feel calm and at peace. I become less talkative, more introspective, but stimulated enough to want to do things like clean the house.

I'm usually not very talkative anyway, so it's not so bad :\

Yeah I like the stuff too. Although I feel, how would I put it. More focused, and more alert. Not jittery, but not sedated. Good spot.

Like I'll take some before heading out on a late night, because I feel a little more on point and not sleepy and I'm not yawnin like a bitch at 1:30 AM when I'm partying.

120mg puts me in a good spot. I've done 240.. got a little too hot and shaky. Stuff spikes your blood pressure so go easy on it.

Thanks^^ I might try 120 at once...I miss it making me hyper cause I don't usually bother to go finding and buying other stims to keep me awake, usually just use sudafed or caffeine, or both. You do 120 all at once right?

Yeah they pretty much sell em by the 60mg's here in Peru... and back home I'd crack a extended release Claritin D in half, and only take half. They have 240 but its extended for all day. Once you crack it though it releases more or less now.

Yeah I like a couple for that light buzz.

If you are looking for something to give you some 'party fuel' consider going for like 1mg/kg of DXM. Typically something like 75mg if you weigh in the 160 range. 100mg if you are over that. You get a nice little buzz going. Just remember to drink water.