Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - First Time - Use 2 Days in Severe Opana Detox

Cee Hawkins

Bluelighter
Okay, so I read the rules. I waited till I've "Come down" and am ready to deliver the Cee Hawkins brand of Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) review.

So I had a pretty wicked Opana ER habit. I stopped the Opana and for 4 days allowed myself one single dose of no more than 30mg's Oxycodone daily. Then I went Cold Turkey Friday. On Friday I did medicate with Diazepam and Neurontin. Well I'll be gadumb if my Kratom isn't in my lap the next day. I was elated to try this much talked about, and in some cases praised botanical out for my self. I thought since I was a fairly opiate tolerant individual I would aim high with the dose (As I've been known to do) I started with 12g just down the hatch. I chased it with some OJ but didn't find the tast all that repulsive. People bitch and complain like it's the worst ever. Hey If you've chewed up some lower dose Oxy's you've tasted worse. The only thing is the crap doesn't dissolve in room temperature or cold liquid, so you gotta just mouth it and wash it down. I've heard of the apple sauce thing (What ever floats your boat)

About 40 minutes later I definitely felt my WD symptoms starting to lighten up. Then, gradually it keept morphing into genuine sense of well being. I did not get high, but my withdrawal symptoms had basically disappeared. I was amazed!

So like most addicts, I'm thinkin more is better. So I make up about another 15g in a tea and whack that down too. A short time latter I went out to dinner and a show with my girlfriend and some friends. By the time I got to the restaurant, about 90 minutes after ingesting about 27g of Micronized Bali Kratom, I FEELT OPIATED. It wasn't intense but I felt like I had abbout 20mg's of Hydrocodone that was treating me okay. I'm an Oxycodone/Oxycontin and Oxymorphone type of guy and I would distinctly characterize it resembling a low-dose hydrocodone expierience. Hydrocodone is notorious for more nasea and I did have some nasea down the line towards the latter stages. Never felt like I was gonna puke at all at any point.

Over all I would say that for me this stuff kicked ass for treating the symptoms of acute opiod withdrawals. I was skeptical given my tolerance, ut it helped greatly. I still didn't sleep last night but thats just because I was doing things and i keep any hours I feel like:p I felt symptom free all night though. It's just starting to creep back in now. I should probably try and sleep some time away now.

5mg Valuim + 1.5mg Xanax + 300mg Neurontin aughta knock me out.
I'M GETTING THROUGH THIS DETOX!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes kratom did wonders for my depression after quitting opiates. It's nice to see someone with a tolerance to a stronger opiate like oxymorphone that was able to use it as an aid. When I am really missing that opiate buzz sometimes, I take a few grams of a kratom extract. It surprised me the first time I took it with no opiate tolerance because it gave me a nice energizing opiate high for about 4 hours.

I'm still up since yesterday. I'm kicking. I wasn't up all night with the RLS or any symptoms. I was just up, if that makes any sense. I felt fine, way better than I should on day 2 of my kick. :)

Today is day 3. I blended 11g. of Kratom in with a protein shake with Flax Oil,1 banana, 1 cup dry oatmeal, 4 table spoons of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey, ice, water, and a weight gainer powder. (My Super-food Detox Shake)
I also whacked down some benzos and Neurontin. I'm hoping to sleep away most of day 3.

Well, I passed right the hell out after that drink and my meds ^

I ithink the kratom might have helped me sleep but I don't know. I didn't sleep last night. I awoke just a short time ago and am feeling not to shabby. I'm still kicking, but it's not that bad. I have to think the Kratom is some what resbonsible for the easing of some of the symptoms commonly associated w/ acute opiate withdrawals.

I was comming off a pretty nasty habit.