• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Detectability of Clonazepam metabolites in the Urine

jspun

Bluelighter
The t 1/2 of active metabolites of clonazepam is 23 hrs +/- 5. Valium is likw 40-60 hrs or something like that. At any rate, I know you get variability from subject to subject based on body fat ratio/ liver function, ect... But what is the average amount of time for a dose to drop below detectable limits. I recently restarted wellbutrin and am trying to prevent a panic attack. I have an Rx for klonopin that is more than a year old so I don't know if I'm covered in a pre-employment drug screen- just rather avoid hassel. Yes its for a job that they do 10 panel screens. I know this isn't the legal issues discussion but would appreciate info if I'm ok with old Rx as an aside. Why I'm posting this here in ADD is because there is a dirth of info on the web that is free or reliable including what is on wiki and the info on erowid is out of date and non specific to clonazepam. So this were I would be likely to get the most reliable info- to much danger of old wives tales on other message bluelight boards.:!:!:! Just looking for practicle pharmacokinetic info about ranges of detectability of metabolites. Probably need 1-2 mg over 3-5 days. Feeling jumpy and on verge of P/A right now, might ride it out though. Anyway, I think there should be a reliable fact somewhere on bluelight authored by members that have reliable info. For a harm reduction site this is essential because clearly the harm done by employment drugscrees far outweighs that of the drugs themselves on the individual. :\Thanks guys!:)

Do you think you could stop taking the Bupropion? Why are you taking a stimulant when you have an anxiety disorder? I really and sincerely doubt the claims made about Bupropion's ability to treat panic disorder and anxiety in general. It just sounds so tremendously improbable that a substance with that pharmacodynamic profile would be able to alleviate anxiety despite that virtually all substances with similar pharmacodynamics are notorious for being able to exacerbate anxiety and precipitate panic attacks. It sounds like a myth that has been disseminated much farther and wider than anyone should reasonably expect.

If you must take it and you're really certain that they'll fire you over your use of clonazepam despite your prescription, I suppose you could take an anxiolytic for which they are not apt to test, such as pregabalin or gabapentin. (Which would probably not be too fun to use in combination with Bupropion since they can both cause a considerable amount of confusion.)

/2 cents and all that.

Do you think you could stop taking the Bupropion? Why are you taking a stimulant when you have an anxiety disorder? I really and sincerely doubt the claims made about Bupropion's ability to treat panic disorder and anxiety in general. It just sounds so tremendously improbable that a substance with that pharmacodynamic profile would be able to alleviate anxiety despite that virtually all substances with similar pharmacodynamics are notorious for being able to exacerbate anxiety and precipitate panic attacks. It sounds like a myth that has been disseminated much farther and wider than anyone should reasonably expect.

The short answer is I could stop taking wellbutrin but the benefits outweigh the risks. Need info to make risk/benefit analysis for other med. Not taking wellbutrin for anxiety disorder. Benzos DOC for treating initial side effects of initiation of therapy with it. Too long to explain my rationale but if you are interested why I reinitiated treatment read my last 20 or so posts. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice, I really appreciate it.

I have an Rx for klonopin that is more than a year old so I don't know if I'm covered in a pre-employment drug screen- just rather avoid hassel. Yes its for a job that they do 10 panel screens. I know this isn't the legal issues discussion but would appreciate info if I'm ok with old Rx as an aside. Why I'm posting this here in ADD is because there is a dirth of info on the web that is free or reliable including what is on wiki and the info on erowid is out of date and non specific to clonazepam. So this were I would be likely to get the most reliable info- to much danger of old wives tales on other message bluelight boards. Just looking for practicle pharmacokinetic info about ranges of detectability of metabolites. Probably need 1-2 mg over 3-5 days.

If someone can provide an info to what is in the quotes I would be forever in debt to you. Feeling jumpy. Don't have Rx for neurontin or lyrica and seizures associated with wellbutrin initiation of Tx not concern for me- nor do I think they are probably particularly effective anxiolytics (even though this is probably an off label use for them, probably good choice for treating anxiety associated with bipolar mania and better choice for anxiety that occurs from SSRI Tx especially in those that a predisposition to exhibiting bipolar associated mania. Not trying to be a smart ass, I appreciate the advice, but I'm not looking for BDD type of answers, that is why i didn't post in BDD. Thanks!:)<3

Pre-employment screenings are almost always the NIDA-5, AFAIK (with the exceptions of military, law enforcement, airline pilots, etc.). Clonazapam shouldn't show up on it, IIRC, and k-pin is a very low-dose compound, which works in your favor. However, many labs who do NIDA-5s also do the next more elaborate test, which, IIRC, should find k-pin.

ebola

Clonazepam can show up at least for 2 weeks in screenings, if they test for benzos.

if you are on it for a few months how long would it take to get rid of it for a test ? i heard at the clinic xanax will come up but klonopin does not for some odd reason

Two weeks is more like the max, not the minimum. He said CAN, meaning if you are taking a shitload and your urine is very concentrated.

Employment UA's don't usually watch you piss, you could always do what is done by millions and take a bottle of someone else's urine in.

Damn, I came across an article on this the other day and now I can't find it again. In summary it basically said that some standard benzo tests use oxazepam as the marker and set a cutoff point of X and false negatives on those are common. There are more sensitive tests with a much lower cut-off point though which use a different marker and clonazepam will show on those for anywhere from a minimum of a few days up to several weeks following the last dose (whether or not there's any accumulation from frequent use comes into play here).

In my experience, large employers are willing to pay for high quality screening and even to pay extra for non-standard tests depending on the position being applied for. I definitely wouldn't assume that you're going to get the cheapest, most basic testing available or subject to a urine test only - I would absolutely expect any positive at all to be confirmed by a more sophisticated testing method.

about 5 years ago i had similar issues and went to a local hospital lab which offered low cost lab tests to people without an order from a dr that included the 5 and 10 panel tests. i took the 10 panel. maybe there is a hospital or clinic in your area which does the same. for me, knowing what the results would be prior to the employer test did a lot to calm me down.

i heard from numerous ppl on methadone clinics that take klonopin and pass their tests............

I have been taking generic clonazepam for several years now to prevent seizures. I also have had a pretty out of control heroin/opiate addiction which has landed me in rehab several times. Because of extentuating circumstances regarding my medical condition I was allowed to continue taking my clonazepam throughout my treatment episodes. The interesting thing I observed is in every single rehab I was at I NEVER ONCE came up dirty for benzos and I saw with my own eyes the tests they were giving me were testing for benzos. They could not understand it neither because since it was rehab they would give us our meds so they knew for a fact that I took my clonazepam as prescribed (and sometimes snuck a few extra here and there) and I NEVER came up dirty for benzos. My own research concludes that the target drug in the immunoassay pee tests is oxazepam which is a common metabolite of many benzos (valium, ativan, xanax, etc.) but it is NOT a metabolite of klonipin. Makes sense to me but after reading about so many stories of people being accused of diverting their meds or being cut off because of these false negatives is appalling. These places need further research their testing equipment which arent even that accurate to begin with. I tested positive for methamphetamine because I use zantac for my heartburn. and some of these tests mean the difference between prison and freedom for some people??? appalling.