• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CorePharma vs Barr Generic Adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiedi

Greenlighter
I have been reading threads from here and from various other sites in reference to my thread topic "CorePharma" vs "Barr" Generic Adderall, and I absolutely NEED to vent! I am so frustrated to read how some pharmacist, scientist, etc... have responded to this discussion. I have had the worst three weeks since I started on Adderall-- 8 years ago. I picked up my last prescription at a different pharmacy. I usually receive Barr brand but was given CorePharma brand this month. All I want to say is-- this "particular" generic brand "Amphetamine, Dextroamphetamine Mixed Salts", is absolutely NOT equal to BARR brand generic "Amphetamine, Dextroamphetamine Mixed Salts". This is NOT psychological, this is physical. I have been depressed, have had constant headaches, been unmotivated, unfocused and have had an overall feeling of unhealthiness. Unless my health "condition" happened to deteriorate the VERY day I took my first dose of CorePharma, than there is no other explanation other than the one I have concluded. The bottom line of this post is-- The MAJORITY rules, CorePharma Amphetamine Salts are substantially INFERIOR to Barr brand Amphetamine Salts.

I disagree man but everyone has opinions. I think corr is more instense and last longer

Heidi, welcome to bluelight! I can see this is your first post, but it really belonged somewhere else so that's where I'm going to move it.

I did a simple search (it's OK you're still getting new to everything but you'll get a handle of all of it once you've been here a while) and found there's already a generic Adderall vs brand name thread. It was the first result. And, it's been around since 2006. And it's still open, and the last post was in april 2009, so it's not like you'd be bringing about a really old thread for nothing.

So, I'm going to merge your thread in there. You can discuss this, but this is better suited for BDD than OD. So, I'm going to merge you with an existing page on this subject.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

it's all about the difference in fillers and binders. some are harder and some are softer, allowing your stomach to either absorb at a slower or faster speed. i believe thats why you're experiencing the difference.

more people complain about barr. i read somewhere that barr bought out the rights to adderall? or is that dexedrine? maybe i'm wrong about it.

Last edited:
Calling any/all BDD mod - I need your assistance

Can a BDD moderator merge into the aforementioned thread? I think it would be a good merge. I just can't do it, I'm an OD mod.

I think this was an appropriate move, OD -> BDD, seeing as this topic is still open in this forum (through the link I mentioned previously).

If this belongs elsewhere, feel free to move it there, and my appologies. But I thought it best fit here due to being the first search result when I searched for a similar title.

Captain-- what is it that I should "wait for"?

I was going to be frustrated, but then I realized you're not at a high post count. If you have been here for a few months, and posted several hundred times, I would have explained how I would have expected you to have read the rules by now, etc, and would have then posted links to the rules, etc, but I see it was your very first post.

So, I decided just to give you a nice intro to BL, and thought I'd move your thread for you. It's in Basic Drug Discussion (BDD) now. If a BDD mod can help me out, it can be moved into a pre-existing thread covering the subject of adderall brand name v generic. The link I speak of is posted a few posts up.

In essence, when you get to it, go ahead and read the rules and terms of conditions, and then any other rules regarding the sub-forum you are going to enter. Basically, bluelight is pretty user friendly, but it will also help you immensely to read the rules before posting.

Oops-- I'm sorry. I guess I should have read the rules first. I'll just quietly slip out the back door. Not until I know the rules, will I knock on the front door. Again, I'm sorry.

Malinkrodt makes the best amphetamine by far.

Their dex is dreamy.

Agreed!

I realize this post hasn't been active in some time, but after finding hiedi's post on Google, I was compelled to contribute my own experience. I have been taking Adderall for several years, and at different doses (as well as XR vs. IR). I have had the best experience with the <b>BARR</b> generic IR at 30mg twice daily.

A week ago, our Target didn't have enough Barr brand to fill my entire script, so they supplemented with the CorePharma. Needless to say, I was convinced they mistakenly dispensed something else, due to having ALL of the same reactions that hiedi did.

After days of combing the web, I found countless complaints similar to ours. Just curious if anyone has thought about complaining to CorePharma, instead of beating up their local pharmacist (mine had to switch because of _their_ supplier making the change). :)

^Unfortunately in the interim since this thread was made, new guidelines have been added that disallow generic v. brand or manufacturer v. manufacturer discussion. The vast majority of the time, there is no difference between pharmaceuticals that are subject to stringent regulation and the discussion is always full of conjecture and devoid of substantiation.

I'm sorry to close this since its your first post, but its just something we don't allowed. Please have a look over the guidelines and please feel free to PM me with any questions!

also... Welcome to BL!!! I hope you stick around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.