• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

Ok so i just opened the 9/100mg capsules and did the parachute thing. Went down easily, now I'll wait and see the effects.

Without a tolerance that should get you pretty good. At least as far as gabapentin' effects go (some find them more pleasurable than others). Avoid driving or otherwise operating machinery. I never found capsules or parachuting to make a different FWIW. And give it a good few hours to fully kick in before you adjust your dose or add something else.

I tend to find it made a bigger or more noticeable difference with doses on the more moderate side (that does apply to this situation though). But that is always a good idea with gabapentin, very true. Most medication IMO actually (not all of course, but I find a lot of pills tend to irritate my gut, and a little food can help a lot with that).

Clinical trials have shown that your system can absorb 1,600 mg at a time but 800 is probably far more efficient. 30-45min windows seems to be what the consensus says and IME works well also. Just remember it can take 2 hours to fully hit and that a lot of people get plenty out of 300-900 mg.

Gabapentin is an anti-convulsant prescribed for those with seizures and restless leg syndrome, among other first-line uses. I am prescribed for the off-label use to treat anxiety, but it's completely different than benzos. In terms of heightening its effect I'm not positive, but my initial thinking is that any way to augment it is very mild, or perhaps, psychological. I have tried snorting it, and have loaded up on it, but it honestly wasn't much different in feeling than taking 300-600. I wanted to get off klonopin and replace it with a non-controlled substance, and it's really worked for me. So if you're looking to get "high" off it, I don't find it really works that way. But, if you need to calm down, or mellow out, it really is a great, safe, way to get that.

Do you mean once a year, or how could you afford this?
I get it for free lol. 800mg pills, a bottle of 90 per month. Insurance. However my insurance would not cover Lyrica like that and it would be insanely expensive. I don't take the gabapentin anymore, maybe a couple times per month I'll take 200mg and I'll feel it and it will help with anxiety and depression. I had to go through some withdrawal because I was also taking 10,000+mg per day for a while.

So I've been experimenting with gabapentin over the last three months. Between 2014 and may of 2017 i used various benzos medicinally and recreationally.
Tolerance to gaba like drugs is a bitch. This effected gabapentin efficacy tremendously.

Today I took 1800mg total staggered over about an hour and a half about 45min after dinner. about two and a half hours after dosing I felt very warm in my face and a slight headache but nothing that resembled euphoria, I actually started to get intense cravings to drink alcohol, but luckily I didn't give in to them.

About three and a half hours after dosing I smoked a tiny bit of pot and ate some protein and bam... I started to feel the more positive effects, mood elevation, sociability etc, but nothing that was major... just a subtle feeling good.

As I write this it's been roughly 6 hours since I dosed and I feel slightly energetic but not anxious.
Conclusions: gabapentin is a strange drug. The come up takes forever, and one has to really plan their day around taking it to achieve the desired effects at the right time. I'm interested in exploring higher doses but I feel the effects are too subtle to have any meaningful recreational value if taken alone. I really suggest smoking pot with it

I took a two month tolerance break and I’m disappointed in the outcome. Now my buzz is milder than before the break. I take naproxen, drink carbonated drinks, eat food, and stagger dose 300mg every 30min till I hit 4,800 mg. What happened?

I'm having a tremendously difficult time reducing my intake of gabapentin. It's no longer working yet the withdrawal when I reduce is horrendous.
Real suggestions pls?
I cannot tolerate benzodiazepines. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Ty

I'm having a tremendously difficult time reducing my intake of gabapentin. It's no longer working yet the withdrawal when I reduce is horrendous.
Real suggestions pls?
I cannot tolerate benzodiazepines. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Ty

could you give us an idea of how you are reducing your gaba intake?
like length of time and mgs etc etc?
it could perhaps be that you're just doing it too fast.༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Sometime in the last 9 or so months my doses went up from 1800-2400 mg area to now roughly 4800-5000/day.
Since I realized how awful I feel I have cut down just whenever I can bear to--- meaning it's random
Some days I can manage at 1500 mg. Other days I take none at all. Other days I take anywhere up to that full 5000. I believe I estimated one day I used 6000.
The reason it's so haphazard is because I cant keep track of anything or concentrate anymore.

Withdrawal is awful so I can't seem to just say "ew! " And walk away. I have only been taking it for 3 years. Doctor jumps it up massively every time I say it's useless.

yeah, your taper needs to be regimented, you can't chop and change it or you'll feel ill.
have you heard of the ashton manual? google it and go to chapter 2. altho its mainly designed for benzo tapers i'm sure it would work for gabapentinoids also
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽