• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

While the gabapentin will help with comfort the effect will wain after a several days to a week as gabaP tolerance grows incredibly fast. The gram to 12-1400 mg per day at the end might be your best bet.

The problem is that Benzodiazepine WD seizures don't respond to meds like gabapentin. Phenytoin & Keppra... maybe, but benzo WD seizures are difficult to control esp with non-benzo PO seizure meds. Taper as shallow as possible and steer clear of stims.

Best of Luck Anxiousanxious

A buddy of mine gave me some pills and told me to take them all. I have 2200mg gabapentin, 1mg lorazepam, and 1000mg Of soma. Is it safe to take it all together? I have zero tolerance to all of them.

A buddy of mine gave me some pills and told me to take them all. I have 2200mg gabapentin, 1mg lorazepam, and 1000mg Of soma. Is it safe to take it all together? I have zero tolerance to all of them.

I would stagger 300-400mg doses of gabapentin every 30mins. It takes 2+ hours for the GP to start really working. Adding the Soma and Lorazepam will probably put you to sleep. I'd enjoy the GP and ..maybe.. take the Lorazepam by itself when the GP begins to wear off.

The Soma I'd split into 350mg doses and consume with at least a couple hours between doses. If you take everything at once you'll waste 2/3 of the GP as your system can only absorb around 500mg per 30-40min due to AA transporters.

Taking the Soma and Lorazepam at once will just put you out... if you're lucky. Without even getting into the dangers, by spacing everything out you might actually enjoy it vs being a zombie and sleeping it off on a couch.

Stay Safe and Welcome to BL Freetheswan :)

^ Without seriously staggering that much you're only going to dose your toilet as it passes right through you. AA transporters saturate quickly.
I typically dose 1600mg followed by 2400mg. I drink it with carbonated water and often a fatty meal. Not denying that most of that will pass through my pee, but it seems to work well for me

Someone told me on Market Street SF that you can open up the capsule and snort them and it gets you fucked up. Is that true?

The problem is that Benzodiazepine WD seizures don't respond to meds like gabapentin.

But gabapentin works as an anti-seizure medication. For instance, if someone wants to do ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) for depression, a lot of places won't offer you ECT if you're on gabapentin because they have to raise the voltage to reach seizure level, and raising the voltage increases other side effects.

Just got my hands on Neurontin, I've had earlier experience with these, but just wondering if I mix it with some tylenol 3s and a little weed, what kind of high am I lookin at? Is is gonna be any good, or just a waste of my other goodies??

Just got my hands on Neurontin, I've had earlier experience with these, but just wondering if I mix it with some tylenol 3s and a little weed, what kind of high am I lookin at? Is is gonna be any good, or just a waste of my other goodies??

Hey man, welcome to Bluelight! We actually don't directly provide people with instructions regarding "how to get high". That's a matter of personal preference and only you will ultimately know what you want. The only way to find out is to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
But gabapentin works as an anti-seizure medication. For instance, if someone wants to do ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) for depression, a lot of places won't offer you ECT if you're on gabapentin because they have to raise the voltage to reach seizure level, and raising the voltage increases other side effects.

[/COLOR]

Yeah, but Benzo withdrawal produces a different type of seizure to the type that Gabapentin control. Gabapentin does not help control Tonic-Clonic seizures - which is the type of seizure produced by Benzo withdrawal.

It's probably already been mentioned somewhere on the previous 37 pages of this thread... But, if you have a tolerance to Pregabalin.. it renders Gabapentin almost useless IME.

I wish I had some gabbies for my upcoming kratom withdrawals. Even a therapeutic dose of 800mg really helps

If I take gabapentin 3 days row on 1,5g dose/day and have 3-4 days break, is it enough not to get physically depended on it ? Going to use it for wd from opioids, but not wanting to get addicted to gabas, I use benzos on these 3-4 day breaks. Does pregabalin make you much faster physically dependable than gabapentis, so it's better to use gabas than pregs for wd's?

So I'm new to Gabapentin, this being only my second week on it. I don't have enough yet to try large doses (last week I was on 100mg 3 x a day and starting today I'm on 200mg 3 x day).
This is how I potentiate it; please let me know if I am missing anything or if I'm doing anything wrong:

Step One: I take 500mg Naproxen with a can of Coke Zero or Dr Pepper (soda's that have carbonation + caffeine)

Step Two: I wait an hour and then take: 200mg Gabapentin, 60mg Dihydrocodeine, 50mg Cyclizine, 50mg Quetiapine and 400mg Depakote and another can of soda and a tablespoon of vegetable oil (I hate large meals or greasy/fatty food so I substitute the oil instead)

Step Three: 45 minutes later, I take 200mg of Gabapentin and 60mg Dihydrocodeine

Step Four: Repeat Step Three until satisfied.

Im gonna be honest and admit i didn't read through the whole thread but my question is, has anyone ever tried the extended release of gabapentin that is dosed at 600-800mg a tab. Plus will you lose a lot of the chemical because of the poor bioavailability or does the ER version increase the bioavailability ? Im looking at dosing the 800mg ER 2-4 a day in 6 hr intervals. So anyone with exp or knowledge or insight of this would be greatly appreciated.

Recreational Guide (every 20 minutes)

00:00 - take 2 aleve (naproxen) / 300mg gaba / eat some protein (fish or beans) / drink carbonated soda
00:20 - take 300mg gaba / drink carbonated soda
00:40 - take 300mg gaba / drink corbonated soda / eat chili peppers
01:00 - take 300mg gaba / drink corbonated soda

repeat this until your desired dose.. for beginners shoot for 2,000 mg ... I on the other hand take about 5,000mg ***(YOU CAN NOT OD ON GABA) ***

this has given me the best results to date %)
What's with the naproxen, protein and carbonated beverage.

It would seem the short time it takes for physical tolerance to develop would make it very physically addicting?

My understanding is that the recreational use of Gabapentin is short-lived, as one develops a tolerance quickly. Is this true? I am currently taking 2,000mg-plus a day. Doesn't seem to do anything, even when mixed with other stuff. Thoughts?

I take 600mg Gabapentin. I usually take a 2 to 3 day break from them so I don't develop a fast tolerance to them. But I can definitely feel a mild withdrawal on the 2 day mark. A bit of anxiety and sweats. I usually have a small meal with something carbonated to drink. Works every time.

That's super smart. I wish that I had the self control to do so. I'm prescribed 3200mgs a day for severe spine related nerve damage and pain. I am starting to only over take them (to catch a buzz) when I have been on a lowered dose or none for a couple or few days. I am an addict or as I like to call it, self indulgent, so the sub-conscious need to take more than I need is overbearing at times. I have suffered some uncomfortable side effects. Even the side of my right thigh is numb to the touch, but I just don't feel that I could go without. I am in the process of improving self control or even having my husband hide them for me. But I always warmly anticipate the lovely GabbyLand.