• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

killo

Bluelighter
TO THE ADMINS - Gabapentin is not a benzo, please don't lock this I really need an answer and I won't be able to find that in a benzo potentiation thread.

This drug is completely different, thanks! ;)

Anyway I have 6 300mg capsules of Gabapentin.

I was wondering if there is anyway to potentiate the effects.

I heard naproxen(aleve) works, is this true?
I also heard soda works, is this true? And if so, what is in soda that does this?

I want the facts, I have read about the soda thing everywhere.

Also, how should I take it? I heard the more gabapentin you take the less is absorbed due to bioavailability being lower.

So if I took 3 now, and waited 1 hour and took 3 more would the effects be greater than taking them all at once?

Fair. It typically gets lumped together with benzos when people refer to it as a recreational drug though, which is why I felt it might fit there better.

I don't know about any of this though.

i don't really find this a recreational drug, although some people seem to report some 'recreational' effects when first using. i put recreational in the little '' marks 'cause from what i have read these effects seem to be just drowsiness similar to things like low doses of anti-histamines, not any real euphoria or high. however everyone is different and different people enjoy different things, and please correct me if you are experiencing other effects from this drug. one thing i have heard repeatedly though is that any effects from it go quickly from regular use, so tolerance to them builds up quickly (regarding any 'recreational' effects, not medicinal ones), and people have reported not getting and of these effects after only a short period of regular use even at high raised doses.

my personal experience is that after using them (for pain relief) for about three weeks, i was no longer feeling any side effects of drowsiness or others. my body seemed to get used to them in this time.

also my doctor told me (although her advice and info has been dodgy on occasion, but it's worth checking out) that this drug lowers one's seizure threshold, especially in combination with some other drugs, so please research if you are planning on taking high doses. i started off on a lower dose and built up to the 600mg 3 times a day i take now.

Orange juice, Alcohol, Pregabalin, opiates, benzos, muscle relaxers.

Edit: Thats off the top of my head, if you need more info pm or just reply.

Dude, you don't need to make huge bold letters stating to the admins that " gabapentin isn't a benzo". This is common knowledge. Also, NOTHING you listed will make it stronger. It's a pretty crappy drug recreational wise. Your lucky if you get high once.

doctor told me (although her advice and info has been dodgy on occasion, but it's worth checking out) that this drug lowers one's seizure threshold

Your doctors an idiot. Gabapentin is used an anti-epileptic drug.

How would orange juice make it stronger? Vitamin C? Highly doubt it. I was prescribed for 5 years, at 2,300mg a day for EPILEPSY. So there goes the seizure theory. Taking alcohol with it, would maybe make you feel drunker. If you consider that better go for it.

Pregabalin

Taking Lyrica to make Neurontin stronger? no.

opiates, benzos

It MIGHT make the opiate/opioid stronger, but in no way would it make the gabapentin feel stronger.

muscle relaxers.
Thats such a broad term, it's meaningless to me.
Most muscle relaxers aren't recreational. Are you referring to soma? Make your post clear instead of posting things "off the top of my head".

i have just checked and gabapentin can lower the seizure threshold when taken with various medications, for instance some anti-depressents, so i just thought i was worth mentioning for the sake of harm reduction

Alright well we all here know that drugs are subjective to one's mind and body.

I got 50 of these from the doc for nerve pain a couple weeks back. Slight mood lift at 900- 1500mg, I noticed i was talking more excitedly and on end about things. I also tried up to 3000mg which caused sedation. Maybe like a low dose benzo 5mg diazepam perhaps. But relly has no recreational potential.. The best those 6 pills will do will give a mild mood lift which i doubt you'l notice if your trying to get a high on

I'm RX'ed 1,800mgs of Gabapentin a day and tolerance builds VERY fast...

My first 3 days on Neurontiin, I fell in love...The experience was almost like that of a benzo, but more stimulating...social interaction was forced and enhanced, quality of sleep was profound, just an overall less anxious feeling...

It's now 3 months later, and after that 3 days, I haven't experienced anything close to that initial feeling..even in doses as high as 3-4 grams...

If you don't have a tolerance to gabapentin than a dose of over 1,000 mgs will be similar to that of a low dose of GHB or a stimulating yet disorienting inebriation similar to that off benzos or even soma....

I'm currently trying to taper off my dose so I can lower my tolerance and use gabapentin like a benzo for situational anxiety...

i have just checked and gabapentin can lower the seizure threshold when taken with various medications, for instance some anti-depressents, so i just thought i was worth mentioning for the sake of harm reduction

Ah, I thought you were referring to gabapentin on its own. Thank god I'm no longer on gabapentin for epilepsy because it is just too weak compared to other anti-convulsive.

But relly has no recreational potential.. The best those 6 pills will do will give a mild mood lift which i doubt you'l notice if your trying to get a high on

Wrong, this drug does have recreational value. More than benzos IMO, at least I find neurontin fun and interesting while benzos are boring and make me fall asleep.

It depends on the person, this is one of the best social drugs I've ever taken. Better than adderal, it helps you be calm, social, energetic but not ampy-feeling with body tense and too focused to the point of OCD.

2muchpain says something worth looking into.

At least combined with Remeron (mirtazapine), this definitely seems to be true.

cola works for me. I usaually parachute maybe 10 at a time, after a while I feel like everything is minimizeing. weird

i found neurontin useless ...but i only experimented with it a couple times about 600mgs...which i guess is to low anyways

QUOTE:

It MIGHT make the opiate/opioid stronger, but in no way would it make the gabapentin feel stronger.

Quote:
muscle relaxers.
Thats such a broad term, it's meaningless to me.
Most muscle relaxers aren't recreational. Are you referring to soma? Make your post clear instead of posting things "off the top of my head".

I am on methadone and its kinda hard to get high off of it anymore.. Recently I was prescribed neurontin because a couple people told me it goes great with methadone. So I talked my doctor into giving it to me and I dosed it at the same time as my meth and I was getting rushes of euphoria for an hour or two.. Gabentin is an odd drug. I am not even sure that anyone knows how it works.. It doesnt have any afininity for most of the known receptor sites. They found with radioactive dye that it has some action in the hypocampus sp but who knows.. If your on methadone give it a try.. It gives a couple of warning on several different interactions and one of them is MORPHINE . Also it increases that AUC of hydrocodone.
sp0r
click for my page :p

[email protected] [email protected]

I came across a DICK load of gabapentin... long story, but i had like 200g lying around and i have experimented with it many times. 3g plus couple of beers and im completely wasted... myoclonus, ataxia, slurred speech. Not all that recreational.

I find if i split the doses by an hour or so, i get more out of it. Its an interesting buzz, especially with a billy or two.

And for some reason, having a cigarette after a large dose has kicked enhances the effects.

Still i think pregabalin is the way to go... if you like just being wasted that is

The Gabapentin (Neurontin) Mega THREAD!

Hey!!!! Let me tell you some stuff about Gabapentin(Neurontin).
What is it?-Gabapentin (Neurontin) is a GABA analogue. It was originally developed for the treatment of epilepsy, and currently, Gabapentin is widely used to relieve pain, especially neuropathic pain.
220px-Gabapentin_3D.png

So why was it made?Gabapentin was initially synthesized to mimic the chemical structure of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), but is not believed to act on the same brain receptors.Sounds a lot like GHB/GBLGHB-gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, a neuroprotective and depressant drug&GBL-gamma-Butyrolactone Hmmmm.. They sound very alike!
What's it feel like?-It varies from person to person. I don't want to tell you to go out and take 2500+mg.. Begin with a low dose to see how it effects you. I'm no MD but I can tell you that if it's your first time you should begin with 1-3 to begin with (900mg). It has the same sort of effect's of xanax, ghb, and hydrocodone. With a THC buzz. It makes me feel really dream like, and smooth high. When I take high doses I tend to drop things, and have a small twitching problem.
Best way to take it!-I don't want you to go and do this to every gabapen capsule you have. I normally will empty the contents of the capsules into a square of toilet paper and parachute it. It tastes WORST than ecstasy/mdma! Gabapentin tastes horable!!! So be sure to swallow it before it bust's open in your mouth!
Cool things about Gabapentin!-There have been reports by methamphetamine addicts that gabapentin alone in doses of 1200 mg at bedtime taken for 40–60 days has been effective in reducing the withdrawal symptoms and almost eliminating cravings or desire to use methamphetamine. It also helps those addicted to prescribed pain medications and takes away withdrawal symptoms.
Is it addictive?-Yes, it is. it's withdrawl effects are verry similar to benzo/alocohol withdrawl symptoms. (Only after long term use.)
So what's it feel like again...?-Although gabapentin is not a controlled substance, it does produce psychoactive effects that could lead to recreational use of the drug. However, it is widely regarded as having little or no potential for misuse. Pregabalin, a gabapentinoid with higher potency marketed for neuropathic pain, is a controlled substance, under Schedule V of the United States' Controlled Substances Act.
Recreational use of gabapentin produces a varying number of effects including euphoria, appetite stimulation, incessant talking, physical and mental stimulation which result in varying degrees of drug-induced productivity. Diarrhea/stomach discomfort is commonly reported with heavy use.
Gabapentin is close to pregabalin(lyrica)
If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or what you experience with gabapentin, please let us know!!!!

i had to take this when i went into rehab. i dont think it got me feeling high or anything close to it was taking up to 1800mg a day then droped to 900.

i stoped taking it but i do have a prescription to keep taking it.

I want to mention that tolerance builds EXTREMELY rapidly with this one. I had around 180 300 mg pills a couple years ago, and started out taking 900-1200 mg at a time to get the weird benzo-ish effects. Within a couple of weeks I was up to 3000 mg at a time just to feel anything.

It has the same sort of effect's of xanax, ghb, and hydrocodone. With a THC buzz.

Man, I appreciate your sentiments and respect opinions but I'm sorry, I disagree. I'm certainly not familiar w/ your drug use so please forgive me, but have you taken much xanax and/or especially hydrocodone?

I used to take considerable amounts of neurontin while in opiate withdrawals and I had also taken it by itself, before I had a physical opiate addiction. I'd compare it more to a very very mild muscle relaxer w/ little sedative effects and ultimately just makes me (and others I've talked to) feel strange, kind of creepy. Makes you a little off balance and clumsy. Pillidamors nailed it I think "started out taking 900-1200 mg at a time to get the weird benzo-ish effects"

Everyone's different, that's for sure :) Neurontin may very well affect you in a positive way. I think the reason it has little or no potential for abuse is simply because it produces little or no desired effects. I would venture to say those of you out there that are curious, provided you have a good tolerance and enjoy harder drugs and enjoy noticeable effects, neurontin will be a waste of time (it did nothing for opiate wd's either) Perhaps if you're a little more naive and intolerant to harder drugs, neurontin may produce some desirable effects, but none that I can list IME