• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

dude just take a break on the shit, what helps me is the Camel Snus dip things, i just keep one in my lip n i feel great!

totally agree there, i still find myself smoking a stogie though and its always the best stogie in the world too! I think the semi constant stream of nicotine really helps keep the high flowing strong. the 7mg nicotine patches also work well if your not a smoker.

You don't get my question Ds , I want to use it as an antidepressant at a low dose every day. I want to know if I do that and stop suddenly, will I have withdrawals?

Edit: and for the hundredth time, I am a girl.

I took it everyday for almost a month in high school as a recreational "mood enhancer" it worked great at first but by the end i noticed that it wasn't working as well so i just finished what i had and left it at that, no WD's that i noticed, since then i take it when i have it in large spread out doses through out the day capping out at around 3 grams to 4.5 grams and the next day i just feel thirsty.

So whats lyrica like in comparison to the gabs ?

I sprang my ankle almost 2 weeks ago and taking my vicodin script with the gabs made me really sick feeling so i got rid of the vicodin.

Lyrica is a lot like gabapentin, just less sedating and shorter acting.

In contrast to the people here who say gabapentin does very little, it gets me retardedly high if I take 600-1200mg, dosing 150mg every 45 minutes. I have caught myself nodding before from gabapentin alone.

The ceiling of this stuff dosed like that is somewhere between 600-1200mg, and you will not get any higher if you take more I find. The pharmacokinetics of gabapentin are strange because they rely on an amino acid transporter for uptake which is the rate-limiting step in adsorption, so if you dose 300mg or 600mg or 1200mg, you'll absorb almost the same amount and the rest will be excreted and wasted. And I would know, I've consumed like 6-8 grams in one night and it got me no higher than 1 gram. To best counter this only consume the drug in 150mg-300mg doses at 45 minute intervals.

It also should be noted that the effects always take 2-2.5 hours to reach peak for me.

These days the only use I have for gabapentin and pregabalin is for sleep, which they work nicely for when rotated with methocarbamol and diphenhydramine.

Last edited:
To best counter this only consume the drug in 150mg-300mg doses at 45 minute intervals.

This is quite true. I couldn't figure out why 2100 mg wasnt doing any more for me than 1200, but once i started spacing my doses out 30-60 min apart, i began to feel the gabapentin again. At first I thought it was an issue of tolerance, and that's partially it, but I didn't really understand that the uptake was limited at the time, either, so I just kind of stumbled upon the idea of spacing doses.

well, i hopefully get my script called in, this is like my last resort to a free ride high as fuck.
yay for walgreens xpress bill pay :]

Yep I use express pay too. I have my grandma's credit card on there (with her consent of course) to pay for all my scripts. She's in a different city too so whenever I need meds i get them for free. Walgreens is just about the most expensive pharmacy there is though. And they won't match competitors' prices either, like some pharmacies will.. :\

I think somehow the WD effects of gabapentin got overstated. You won't experience any from recreational use. The only way you will have any is if you are on it daily at a decent dosage for long periods of time. I've been on it daily at smaller dosages and have never noticed any WDs.

Gabapentin Recreationally??

Hey everyone,
I've been gone for quite some time and I have 2 new questions for all of you.......
I just recieved 10 300mg capsules of Gabapentin and I was wondering what recreational properties that they have. I've read that they have pshycoactive capabilities.........Can anyone elaberate on that?

Secondly.....
My buddy has a theory that if someone is having a seizure, you can get them out of it with the application of Gabapentin.
-Then I replied "How the hell is shoving a pill down thier throat going to help stop the seizure, even if it is seizure medication, the pill wouldnt absorb that quickly, it would take forever to break down in thier stomach."
-Then he replied "I know, thats why you burn it down and shoot it in thier blood stream"

.........Now, to be honest I think my friend was just giving me shit, but theres a part of me that realizes, Hey, it sounds like it could actually work......
Can anyone make light on this for me?

Thanx, Jack

I thought it was very recreational at first, but I abused it too much and my tolerance rose fast. At the start though I liked it better than any benzo.

No you can not melt the powder down and inject it to stop a seizure. That's just plain stupid. I don't think it's just gabapentin powder in the capsules

not recreational at all imo, good for neuropathic pain though.

merged

Adding this to the thread,

nuke said:
Gabapentin cannot be snorted or plugged, it requires the amino acid transporter to facilitate transport into your brain. Trust me, I've plugged 1.2 grams before.

This just in.......... lol
I dont find any recreational value in these, personally.
Made me extremely drowsy to the point where I fell asleep for 5 minutes and my body shook me awake,
great for insomnia I'm wondering???%)

45-minute intervals & bioavailability

the percentage absorbed decreases in larger doses but not so much that you are absorbing less overall (by mg). in other words:

Gabapentin bioavailability is not dose proportional; i.e., as dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively. Food has only a slight effect on the rate and extent of absorption of gabapentin (14% increase in AUC and Cmax).

I like the 45-minute interval idea. I wonder if that would work in light of the above. HAS ANYONE HERE tried it?

The ceiling of this stuff dosed like that is somewhere between 600-1200mg, and you will not get any higher if you take more I find. The pharmacokinetics of gabapentin are strange because they rely on an amino acid transporter for uptake which is the rate-limiting step in adsorption, so if you dose 300mg or 600mg or 1200mg, you'll absorb almost the same amount and the rest will be excreted and wasted. To best counter this only consume the drug in 150mg-300mg doses at 45 minute intervals.

I take 600mg twice daily. I've never even felt it, but when I forget to take it , it makes me feel nauseous.
A friend takes 900 twice daily and he says it's euphoric...you just can't tell, which is why everything new should be tried at smaller doses first. Obviously.

Neurontin and morphine increase morphine analgesic effect.

"In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded trial with 12 healthy volunteers, we studied the interaction of morphine and gabapentin using the cold pressor test. The anticonvulsant gabapentin enhanced the acute analgesic effect of morphine. Furthermore, the plasma concentration of gabapentin was increased when morphine was administered concomitantly. Therefore, the well tolerated combination of gabapentin and morphine may improve pain therapy, especially in pain states, like chronic and neuropathic pain, which respond poorly to opioids. "

From: http://www.anesth-analg.net/content/91/1/185.abstract

I always thought the opposite, that gabapentin decreased morphine BA ...

There was something about NMDA activity in the abstract too... Would be nice if gabapentin was a decent NMDA antagonist, Would love to reduce my tolerance.

From: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/120710788/abstract

Its a big article so its under NSFW tags...

NSFW:
ABSTRACT

The development of neuropathic pain involves a series of changes including primary and secondary hyperalgesia, peripheral and central sensitization, and wind-up phenomena. Neurotransmitters play a critical role in this process. For example, glutaminergic subtypes of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) and neurokinin prime the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor by triggering the release of intracellular calcium ions, thus unblocking the magnesium ion plug on the NMDA receptor and allowing Ca2+ influx into the cell. Ca2+ ions acting as secondary messengers initiate protein kinase C activation, phospholipase C and nitric oxide synthetase production, and proto-oncogene expression. The activation of the NMDA receptor thereby increases the responsiveness of the nociceptive system. Anticonvulsant drugs—including carbamazepine, phenytoin, and felbamate—have been used to treat neuropathic pain. Gabapentin is a novel anticonvulsant that may have a unique effect on voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel currents at postsynaptic dorsal horn neurons. Thus, gabapentin may interrupt an entire series of events, not just a single process, that lead to the development of neuropathic pain. Preclinical models of anti-inflammatory and neuropathic pain indicate that gabapentin effectively antagonizes the maintenance of this pain. Additionally, in preemptive surgical models, gabapentin has been shown to prevent the induction of pain. Gabapentin has been shown to be efficacious in numerous smaller clinical studies, case reports, and chart reviews in a variety of neuropathic pain syndromes. Two large multicenter studies, one in postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) and one in diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN), support preclinical findings. In the PHN study, patients treated with gabapentin demonstrated a significant difference (P < 0.001) in their average daily pain score at endpoint compared to placebo patients. In the DPN trial, mean weekly pain was significantly (P<0.001) different for gabapentin-treated patients compared to placebo-treated patients at endpoint. Consistent with the known side-effect profile of gabapentin, the most common adverse events noted in both studies were dizziness and somnolence. Gabapentin should be considered an important addition to the management of neuropathic pain syndromes.

-lenses

I find gabapentin wonderfully recreational.

The headspace is very dissociative - somewhere between dxm and an alcohol-blackout, except completely "gentle" and positive feeling. I get a warm warm buzz sorta like carisopodal. I get a body high, too. Most of my body is dissociative, and while not numb, I don't notice any sensations from them unless I concentrate. Except for my major muscle groups like my triceps, thighs, and back. These get nice and fuzzy, almost a methamphetamine body buzz.

I get the best results 1 pill every 30 minutes or so. The high isn't "euphoric" until like 2 and a half hours into it. and doesn't seem to go beyond like hour 4 or 5.

the anti-anxiety effect is pretty damn recreational in itself.

I wanted to ask.. Anyone ever tried this stuff to reduce anxiety from stimulant abuse? Are there any obvious risks to such a combination (specifically a NERI/DARI chemical). As far as I can tell it should be okay.

I took 600mg the other night with my typical dose of benzos (all meds are Rx'd except xanax), 1.0 Kpin, 1.0Xanax 600 Gaba

"felt good until bed"

Woke up about 3AM needing to pee and I couldn't walk for shit, stumbled around. Woke up at 6:20 for work and was still like that. Couldn't go to work. WAS NOT THE BENZOS.

not recreational at all imo, good for neuropathic pain though.

merged

True that. 0 recreation potential.

Sorry guys, personal experience disagrees pretty hard.

Dose 300mg every 30-60 min up to 3grams or so. Smoke a fat blunt.

Enjoy. I find it feels a lot like rolling. As far as "if you like this you don't know what drugs are," I have scripts for hydros, oxy, and tramadol, as well as 4 different benzos, and have tried shrooms, acid, and mdxx. I still enjoy properly dosed gabapentin.

PLZ HELP:! - How can I BEST make this work to help ease the discomfort of a sharp OPIATE taper??

IS THIS EVEN A VIABLE USE OF GABAPENTIN?

I keep reading BITS&PIECES of info regarding a use for opiate withdrawal!
  1. watz the science behind this??
  2. anyone been RXD gabapentin 4 this purpose (withdrawal)
  3. anyone tried this personally - either withdrawal or taper
  4. "effective" lists supposedly should use no more than 3 questions so disregard this last one =D

SRSLY!!!
AIIYO!

this could really help me, i would appreciate it, anyone who could lend me some time and relate good INFO

thx