• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

lol. as if

ive popped 1000's of mgs of gabapentin drunk off my ass and high on dilaudid,

i think it is only noticed by people who never do real drugs, which is definitely nothing BAD but considering its WD's are as bad as alcohol's...seems incredibly not worth the time... ive swallowed mass amounts of them fairly recently...the mostthey ever did was relax me a tiny bit, much less than even a weak benzo amount

^It's user dependent. Also, try eating after taking them; it increases the effects substantially.

well, there was one or two times i noticed the effects strongly,
so i guess it is quite an unpredictable drug
but its definitely nothing to pay money for i got them for free

Hey guys, I have a few questions.

First off, my main concern: I am prescribed 300 mgs a day of gabapentin in conjunction with 400mg a day with Lamotrigine for depression and anxiety. Will taking 300 mgs a day give me a significant tolerance so that it will no longer alleviate my symptoms?

Also, I'm skeptical about cola potentiating its effects. What chemical in it affects gabapentin?

I'll let you guys know how 600mg is mixed with 20 mg oxycodone and some weed after my aquaintance tries it.

I asked my doctor about possibly switching from clonazepam to gabapentin and he totally wrote me off. Which is odd considering the former actually has dependence liability : ?
How effective is gabapentin as an anxiolytic?
Is it expensive at the pharmacy?
interactions/side effects?

there's just something about fucking with gabapentin/lyrica that scares the hell out of me

would Gabapentin potentiate methadone in a mmt situation? or vise versa?

Thanks magnum zero!
Yeah I looked it up here, not so expensive.
I'm cool with my doctor so I'm going to bring in literature about gabapentin.
I have high hopes for it and Pregabalin, I really want to taper off clonazepam and switch to
something like gabapentin, I've read many positive reports.

gorgoroth, i wouldnt be too eager, i heard gabapentin has the same WD's as alcohol - shakes, possible delerium

just as bad if not worse WD's than klonos....and not nearly as effective

however its a lot less noticeable, so its better for school/work (if ur doing that 2 lol)

Would anyone happen to know the answers to my questions?
Magnum Zero said:
I am prescribed 300 mgs a day of gabapentin in conjunction with 400mg a day with Lamotrigine for depression and anxiety. Will taking 300 mgs a day give me a significant tolerance so that it will no longer alleviate my symptoms?

Also, I'm skeptical about cola potentiating its effects. What chemical in it affects gabapentin?

^Your question is hard to answer. I have read that gabapentin works moderately alright as a non-benzodiazepine anxiolytic, but also that it may not, and that it will likely not work for long periods of time to rid you of anxiety. The impression I get, which isn't more than that because anxiety is an off-label use of gabapentin, is that like benzos, it should be more as a temporary "band-aid" for the anxiety rather than a long term solution. This is based on factors such as the eventual tolerance you build, the resulting addiction and need to taper off (your body becoming used to it, basically), and increased incidence of suicidal behavior.

I don't know your exact situation, but I hope this helps somewhat.

I love gabapentin, 3x300mg to start the day with a couple jerky sticks and a bowl of cereal is an awesome breakfast after a couple days of being sober. High and I am having a great day regardless of the BS around me, I find myself talking to complete strangers like they're my best friends and everything and anything I do is totally fun and exciting, specially wrenching on cars.. I love driving around jammin out, bass waay up, reggae blaring, with no destination or certain objective to accomplish, just appreciating whats going on around me.
Cola and stogies definitely increase the high mysteriously but that stogie for the seven minutes its alive is the best stogie in the world.
I rock climb and if I dose up before a sesh at the gym I'm much more relaxed yet more effective and controlled and actually climb better than I would sobor and forget about climbing after smoking a couple bowls. I take a suppliment for increasing the nitric acid in my blood stream before I hit the gym (L-arginine) and when taken in conjunction with 900-1800 mg of gabapentin the high is really smooth yet very strong and I don't feel as burned out as quickly. A sobor sesh at the gym usually lasts about 2-3 hours but dosed on gabs I tend to linger in there around 5-6 hours.

anyone have any info about the interactions between l-arginine and gabapentin ?
Maybe its just some sort of a placebo effect but I really like it ether way.
Mixing things while dosed on gabapentin doesn't work very well for me, smoking makes me feel uber sick and queezy as well as doing oxys but drinking a less than normal amount of alcohol feels fine.
I just got a bottle of them so I'm going to sobor up for a few days then dig back in. I should have enough for four 3 gram days but who knows.

I usually don't do many drugs all that often but like to endulge from time to time and only to a minor extent, smoking oxycotton is about as hardcore as i get now days. usually just stick to smokin bowls and drinkin a few beers through out the week.

I'm no scientist, I just know what I've read on here and this is only my personal experience with gabapentin, my other friend who also takes it from time to time feels nothing like the high i feel from it and he doesn't enjoy it nearly as much as I do.. I kind of like that its a case by case drug because that makes it more fun in my opinion, its not something that everyone is on and doing and it keeps the price for the pills way low when you have to pay for it and that's only when people aren't giving it away.. I like that you can look in the mirror and question being fucked up because you look totally normal on the outside but on the inside you know your trashed so that question quickly fades away.

oh well what ever, the controversy continues.

well, i hopefully get my script called in, this is like my last resort to a free ride high as fuck.
yay for walgreens xpress bill pay :]

i think it is only noticed by people who never do real drugs

I think this is basically true in a sense. It is very mild to not noticable. Lyrica is much better but still very mild.

It does potentiate most other drugs. I find that if you only use it once in a while, as mentioned, and if you load (read very high doses) I find you can get a strange sort of high that lasts for quite a while. Tolerance builds very quickly (one use for me). Lyrica is better. Makes me have these strange walk into walls staggering gait.

To each their own but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this stuff or one is likely to be disappointed IMO.

true dat, it isint hard 2 get em, im perscribed em 4 anxiety they work great!! plus they make u feel mello n play gears of war

Do I have this right, withdrawal happens only when you abuse it?

I have taken 300 mg doses to ease slight opiate WDs, Lyrica helped me kick suboxone, I'm a chipper, and I found it works as an antidepressant better than wellbutrin (which I'm on). I want to ask the doc for a script as an AD but I hesitate to take something that causes WDs.
Seriously, I take it, and I'm in a good mood. Not high, but really positive.
If the doc gives it to me or not, I am gonna take 300 mgs every day that I have to work, it makes my day and my productivity soar to the sky.

But all bets are off if it causes WDs at that low of a dose.Does anyone have experience stopping the med at it's prescribed dose?

i'm fuckin twisted on these things, lol fucking floating.

Do I have this right, withdrawal happens only when you abuse it?

I have taken 300 mg doses to ease slight opiate WDs, Lyrica helped me kick suboxone, I'm a chipper, and I found it works as an antidepressant better than wellbutrin (which I'm on). I want to ask the doc for a script as an AD but I hesitate to take something that causes WDs.
Seriously, I take it, and I'm in a good mood. Not high, but really positive.
If the doc gives it to me or not, I am gonna take 300 mgs every day that I have to work, it makes my day and my productivity soar to the sky.

But all bets are off if it causes WDs at that low of a dose.Does anyone have experience stopping the med at it's prescribed dose?

dude just take a break on the shit, what helps me is the Camel Snus dip things, i just keep one in my lip n i feel great!

You don't get my question Ds , I want to use it as an antidepressant at a low dose every day. I want to know if I do that and stop suddenly, will I have withdrawals?

Edit: and for the hundredth time, I am a girl.